+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test → DM → Oath ?

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
Enclosed here from CIC an answer to the question what is non routine application. Seems first part for PR application but second part for citizenship application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

What is a non-routine application?
Your application may be considered non-routine if:

You asked to change your personal information (name, sex designation, date of birth);
You missed a test, interview, or hearing;
We asked you to submit extra documents, like fingerprints or residence documents; or
After you attended your interview to verify your identity and the originals of your documents, we asked you to come to another interview or hearing.

For citizenship applications only:

You failed a test;
You did not meet the language requirements during your interview (for citizenship applications only);
See also: How are IRCC processing times calculated?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sukumaugali said:
We were asked to submit finger prints for my wife and I called CIC and asked them the specific question of routine versus non-routine. They said that finger prints does NOT make your application non-routine. It is part of the routine security checks for some applicants and it does not affect your application the same way a Residency Questionnaire does.
You can't trust every call centre agent. The application is non-routine now. See the link below which clearly states about the fingeprints:

On the other hand, fingerprint won't delay the application that much as compared to Residence Questionnaire

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
You can't trust every call centre agent. The application is non-routine now. See the link below which clearly states about the fingeprints:

On the other hand, fingerprint won't delay the application that much as compared to Residence Questionnaire
There are tons of people who have had FP requests and the delay is insignificant. It definitely does delay the process, but as you mentioned, not as much as an RQ which could delay your application by years.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sukumaugali said:
There are tons of people who have had FP requests and the delay is insignificant. It definitely does delay the process, but as you mentioned, not as much as an RQ which could delay your application by years.
After fingerprint request, it can take couple of months to see further updates however it still depends upon application to application because every applicant's personal circumstances are different so thus the application.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case.. after doing FP.. i get test invite after 2 weeks.. and i get DM the next day after test...let see how much i have to wait for Oath Letter...today its 11th day after DM..
wish me luck
:)

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
Good luck !

Seems oath ceremony depends on its availability or how many applicants awaiting oath. Link for availability to ceremony oath in different locations . In my area, no ceremony available these days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

blitzturbo

Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys, thanks for all your help and info. Just wanted to let you guys know that my wife and I just got new notification online that a letter has been sent out for our oath ceremony on the 24th. Kian, maybe you have yours too! Good luck!

visitor007

Oct 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blitzturbo said:
Hi guys, thanks for all your help and info. Just wanted to let you guys know that my wife and I just got new notification online that a letter has been sent out for our oath ceremony on the 24th. Kian, maybe you have yours too! Good luck!
Congrats ;)

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
blitzturbo said:
Yes, my ecase changed 2 days ago to send letter for oath !

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
blitzturbo said:
big congrats man