+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test → DM → Oath ?

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
Sukumaugali said:
My office is Ottawa too and I had the same experience at my interview. The officer said everything is in order and I should expect Oath letter shortly after. However, we got a FP request for my wife a few days after the test. All done and now waiting. eCAS is still In Process and we called CIC and they said everything they need is now in our file, but since we're well within the 12-month window, we should just wait for them to finish processing the file.
Having said that, can you let me know what ATIP is, how you did it, and if it affects our file in any way if we request one? Thanks!
Here is link to ATIP
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
thank u so much guys for your info ,,, how can i verify or check on my file through my local MP ??? my friends u can check my posts and u would be able to tell that i am new here ,,, and i asking to learn an to know ,,,
so how can my local MP has hand into this ?? and if he has such access how can i ask his help !!!!!! thank you so much guys

saedcanada

Mar 27, 2017
cprak0 said:
This is usual. I had a similar experience. But after the test/ interview, there was no updates to the eCAS, everyone else seemed to be getting the status update to DM, the next day or within a couple of days of interview...My eCAS updated with DM just 2 weeks before the date of the oath.

I had requested an ATIP and found that the decision was made on the date of the test/ interview... but no eCAS update, the oath was about 2 months (7 weeks) after, well within the timeline I was told at the interview...
Thank you, very helpful indeed.
Did they request finger prints for background check from you? My wife has a similar experience at Ottawa office where she did the test and all was good. Officer said will receive letter in 1-2 months. However, until now eCAS status is In Process. We called last week and they said they have the finger print but still doing one more thing for background check.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
ATIP is access to information and privacy and can be requested to know the status of your application with
any govt dept.

At CIC, after the test/interview the file probably sits on a pile to be looked at by a CO to assign the date for
oath. ATIP requests make the CIC have to open the file to be able to give the ATIP report and in the process might
nudge along the processing. The ATIP report gives a lot of info as well... the only way to know the status if RQed.
The phone lines with CIC agents is not very reliable. Either get email updates (even easier than calling the CIC agents)
or an ATIP if there is delay...

Office of the MP could ask about your application on your behalf. They are pretty active in doing this especially
if an election is around the corner... a new citizen feeling thankful..., a win win situation...
You just need to call your local MP's office..., I would think, I didn't have to do this

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
saedcanada said:
Thank you, very helpful indeed.
Did they request finger prints for background check from you? My wife has a similar experience at Ottawa office where she did the test and all was good. Officer said will receive letter in 1-2 months. However, until now eCAS status is In Process. We called last week and they said they have the finger print but still doing one more thing for background check.
They did not send a FP request to me, just to my wife and she did it. Same exact scenario with us after calling CIC (they have the prints and doing one more thing for background check).
Good luck!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kian2017 said:
Hello all,

I just had my citizenship test yesterday? I was wondering how long does it take to change to decision made then invitation for oath? Is it different from office to another? Of course if they ask FP after test that complicate the situation.
Thanks

Mine changed to DM 3 days after my test,I got so excited....but,the officer did say 2-4 months for my oath letter,she was right....took 2 months for my oath invite.
It is different from one office to another.It all depends on the applicant volume, the diligence of officers handling your papers :eek: :eek: and how complicated/how straight forward your application is.....I believe bigger cities gets their oath invites fast (coz of course they have to work faster otherwise they'll be swamped),in SK where the officers divide their time from Regina and Saskatoon and other satellite offices, it took them some time.
Hope yours get to you soon! Congratulations!!

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine changed to DM next day after the test.. and officer asked me if i want she can put me on special ceremony on 1 july... otherwise i will get it in few weeks..let see

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
stargazerlilly said:
Mine changed to DM 3 days after my test,I got so excited....but,the officer did say 2-4 months for my oath letter,she was right....took 2 months for my oath invite.
It is different from one office to another.It all depends on the applicant volume, the diligence of officers handling your papers :eek: :eek: and how complicated/how straight forward your application is.....I believe bigger cities gets their oath invites fast (coz of course they have to work faster otherwise they'll be swamped),in SK where the officers divide their time from Regina and Saskatoon and other satellite offices, it took them some time.
Hope yours get to you soon! Congratulations!!
Thank you. I did the test in Saskatoon. Likely, it will take little bit time. You not hooe in summer there are more frequent oath ceremonies. Congratulations for your application.

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
imran01 said:
Mine changed to DM next day after the test.. and officer asked me if i want she can put me on special ceremony on 1 july... otherwise i will get it in few weeks..let see
When did you have your test? I assume April 6 or 7

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kian2017 said:
When did you have your test? I assume April 6 or 7
test on 7th april in mississauga
DM on 8th april
let see what next

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
Today, I got call from Canada immigration to confirm my address. They already called me twice yesterday but I was busy at work. Anyway, I confirmed the address. I believe they are trying to send me letter. Unfortunately, I was busy and I didn't try to ask update.

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
My ecase changed to decision-made.
When I click on decision made, it is still last up date is test letter. Is that same for others here ?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kian2017 said:
My ecase changed to decision-made.
When I click on decision made, it is still last up date is test letter. Is that same for others here ?
Yes this is normal. it will not say what the decision is but the next entry should/would be oath invite letter sent!

blitzturbo

Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys,

Im new here on this site, I have been living in Saskatoon for 12 years and have been a PR since March 26, 2010.

I submitted my PR application in May 2015, and a letter was sent out 16th Jan to ask me to take the test on Feb 22, 2016. My wife and I both passed the test on Feb 22, 2016 and the officer signed and stamped on all the papers that they had in front of them and told us "Congratulations, you will get a letter to invite you to the Oath ceremony in 3-6months. Only 2 days ago, April 14, 2017, our status changed to DM. From our test to the DM took just about 14 months. Is that normal at all. I tried calling them in Nov but they couldnt give me any answer and just told me to wait. We had to do fingerprints but that was in Late 2015 before we were asked to take our test.

Im just wondering if the time frame that we have been waiting was a little bit longer than normal or maybe they are just swamped with files.

Hope that we will get a letter for the oath soon. ITs been a long wait, but i think its worth the wait as we have been here for 12 years and know that this is home to us since our first year.

Inputs will be really appreciated.

THanks.