+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test → DM → Oath ?

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
Hello all,

I just had my citizenship test yesterday? I was wondering how long does it take to change to decision made then invitation for oath? Is it different from office to another? Of course if they ask FP after test that complicate the situation.
Thanks

Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kian2017 said:
Hello all,

I just had my citizenship test yesterday? I was wondering how long does it take to change to decision made then invitation for oath? Is it different from office to another? Of course if they ask FP after test that complicate the situation.
Thanks
DM can take many days to many months. For some people took just a week or so and for some people it took 1 month to many months.
In short, a week to many months
After DM, it may take up to 6 months to receive oath. Usually 1 to 3 months.
FP can be requested after test and it may delay the process little but not much. You should only worry if you have any criminal record, else all is good.

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
During the interview, Are officers able to make decision?

At the end of my interview, the officer said to me " you will receive oath invitation" then she added the name of city and time frame of receiving that. To me that means, she already made the decision. I saw her checking / ticking off certain boxes in her paper after asking me about job, travel outside ....all of the boxes she checked them same under each other. Around 5 lines/ questions.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Kian2017 said:

At the end of my interview, the officer said to me " you will receive oath invitation" then she added the name of city and time frame of receiving that. To me that means, she already made the decision. I saw her checking / ticking off certain boxes in her paper after asking me about job, travel outside ....all of the boxes she checked them same under each other. Around 5 lines/ questions.
Congratulations! Looks like the decision has been made by the officer which by default favorable. DM can happen from 1 day to many months. It really depends on the office....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kian2017 said:

Looks like your decision has been made right during the interview. For some people, decision is made right during the interview and for some people the decision is made after further checks which may take weeks or months.
I hope you will receive the oath invite soon.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Kian2017 said:

This is usual. I had a similar experience. But after the test/ interview, there was no updates to the eCAS, everyone else seemed to be getting the status update to DM, the next day or within a couple of days of interview...My eCAS updated with DM just 2 weeks before the date of the oath.

I had requested an ATIP and found that the decision was made on the date of the test/ interview... but no eCAS update, the oath was about 2 months (7 weeks) after, well within the timeline I was told at the interview...

excited1

Oct 21, 2016
cprak0 said:
This is usual. I had a similar experience. But after the test/ interview, there was no updates to the eCAS, everyone else seemed to be getting the status update to DM, the next day or within a couple of days of interview...My eCAS updated with DM just 2 weeks before the date of the oath.

I had requested an ATIP and found that the decision was made on the date of the test/ interview... but no eCAS update, the oath was about 2 months (7 weeks) after, well within the timeline I was told at the interview...
Which office tho?

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
cprak0 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope my ecase will update soon. 2 days after test no update ye to decision made. So, it really might take time after the test.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
sorry guys for bother ,,, but I wanted to know ,,, what is ATIP ?????? and if I will request it ,, it would have any impact on my file ,, plz update cuz I am in a very unique situation ,, thank you

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
Looks like your decision has been made right during the interview. For some people, decision is made right during the interview and for some people the decision is made after further checks which may take weeks or months.
I hope you will receive the oath invite soon.
I do not think they need further check with me . They already asked me fingerprints before the test

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
cprak0 said:
My office is Ottawa too and I had the same experience at my interview. The officer said everything is in order and I should expect Oath letter shortly after. However, we got a FP request for my wife a few days after the test. All done and now waiting. eCAS is still In Process and we called CIC and they said everything they need is now in our file, but since we're well within the 12-month window, we should just wait for them to finish processing the file.
Having said that, can you let me know what ATIP is, how you did it, and if it affects our file in any way if we request one? Thanks!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
paulvoyer said:
sorry guys for bother ,,, but I wanted to know ,,, what is ATIP ?????? and if I will request it ,, it would have any impact on my file ,, plz update cuz I am in a very unique situation ,, thank you
order 'electronic notes' under ATIP will not affect your case at all.
Go ahead. Also inquire via your local MP if you want.

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
paulvoyer said:
omg what is local MP ??? and how I can verify with them ???? ,,, thank you
Don't you know what is MP ? When you prepare for test we should know what is that. It is member of parliament. You google that using the location you live in or looking at parliament website.