+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test → DM → Oath ?

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
blitzturbo said:
Hi guys,

Im new here on this site, I have been living in Saskatoon for 12 years and have been a PR since March 26, 2010.

I submitted my PR application in May 2015, and a letter was sent out 16th Jan to ask me to take the test on Feb 22, 2016. My wife and I both passed the test on Feb 22, 2016 and the officer signed and stamped on all the papers that they had in front of them and told us "Congratulations, you will get a letter to invite you to the Oath ceremony in 3-6months. Only 2 days ago, April 14, 2017, our status changed to DM. From our test to the DM took just about 14 months. Is that normal at all. I tried calling them in Nov but they couldnt give me any answer and just told me to wait. We had to do fingerprints but that was in Late 2015 before we were asked to take our test.

Im just wondering if the time frame that we have been waiting was a little bit longer than normal or maybe they are just swamped with files.

Hope that we will get a letter for the oath soon. ITs been a long wait, but i think its worth the wait as we have been here for 12 years and know that this is home to us since our first year.

Inputs will be really appreciated.

THanks.
Yes, that is long.
I believe there were change in citizenship laws, processing time during 2015/2016.
When I check processing time, it shows after April 2015 processing time 12 months. When was the recipes day for you ?
I am living in Saskatchewan too. It seems Saskatoon taking long time. My status changed to decision made around April 14 same.
I think it is different from case to case. As well, if you traveled out during the 4 years, they take time More.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
blitzturbo said:
Hi guys,

Im new here on this site, I have been living in Saskatoon for 12 years and have been a PR since March 26, 2010.

I submitted my PR application in May 2015, and a letter was sent out 16th Jan to ask me to take the test on Feb 22, 2016. My wife and I both passed the test on Feb 22, 2016 and the officer signed and stamped on all the papers that they had in front of them and told us "Congratulations, you will get a letter to invite you to the Oath ceremony in 3-6months. Only 2 days ago, April 14, 2017, our status changed to DM. From our test to the DM took just about 14 months. Is that normal at all. I tried calling them in Nov but they couldnt give me any answer and just told me to wait. We had to do fingerprints but that was in Late 2015 before we were asked to take our test.

Im just wondering if the time frame that we have been waiting was a little bit longer than normal or maybe they are just swamped with files.

Hope that we will get a letter for the oath soon. ITs been a long wait, but i think its worth the wait as we have been here for 12 years and know that this is home to us since our first year.

Inputs will be really appreciated.

THanks.
I am from BC and my application took approx 9 months.
Your case seems to be stretching a lengthy time (approx 2 years). As you were asked for fingerprints, thus your application became non-routine, which can take a while (months or years) to process. Every applicant's case is different and every province's cic's pace of working could be different too. Hopefully you get your oath invite soon.

blitzturbo

Apr 15, 2017
Kian2017 said:
Yes, that is long.
I believe there were change in citizenship laws, processing time during 2015/2016.
When I check processing time, it shows after April 2015 processing time 12 months. When was the recipes day for you ?
I am living in Saskatchewan too. It seems Saskatoon taking long time. My status changed to decision made around April 14 same.
I think it is different from case to case. As well, if you traveled out during the 4 years, they take time More.
Hi Kian,

So you took the test a week ago and your status changed to Dm over the last few days? Thats awesome! I hope I just waiting on the Oath taking invite. In my first 5 years prior to application, I did stay here for 4.5/5 years. Only in the last 2 years i did travel in and out alot for work and helping with family business, my travelling might have affected the speed of my application?

Thanks for your input, hopefully we both get our letters fast.

Cheers

blitzturbo

Apr 15, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
Your case seems to be stretching a lengthy time (approx 2 years). As you were asked for fingerprints, thus your application became non-routine, which can take a while (months or years) to process. Every applicant's case is different and every province's cic's pace of working could be different too. Hopefully you get your oath invite soon.
Hi,

Thanks for your input, and thanks for the well wishes. I hope to get the invite soon too. My fingerprints were asked for 6 months before the test in feb 2016, if im not wrong, it was in sept 2015 or something. Hopefully this is home stretch. Ive been here 12 years and I just hope to be a citizen and feel more sense of belonging than i already do. Hopefully 2 years was a good enough wait. I remember the officer who was dong the interview with my wife and I said that we would be notified in 3-6 months, but it has been 14 months. Heres to hoping that Ill get the letter soon. I dont think there is a need to get ATIP since the status has just been changed right?

Cheers

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
blitzturbo said:
Hi Kian,

So you took the test a week ago and your status changed to Dm over the last few days? Thats awesome! I hope I just waiting on the Oath taking invite. In my first 5 years prior to application, I did stay here for 4.5/5 years. Only in the last 2 years i did travel in and out alot for work and helping with family business, my travelling might have affected the speed of my application?

Thanks for your input, hopefully we both get our letters fast.

Cheers
It does affect the application when you travel out. As well, may be your application is big family one. My application is only myself. They did ask me for fingerprints. My job situation is straightforward. I do work in profession which is kind shortage in Canada. I work in public service. I do not know if that make the application go straightforward. I do know in Saskatchewan they almost asking everyone for fingerprints. I did provide one before the test. It should be easy after decision made. You will get oath invite soon. Good luck.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Kian2

Just wondering brother that how long it took you to get your test invite after you submitted your finger print result to CIC(Vancouver Office)?

Did you go to Saskatoon downtown police office for your finger print?
Did they send you results directly and then you had submitted it to CIC?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
blitzturbo said:
Hi,

Thanks for your input, and thanks for the well wishes. I hope to get the invite soon too. My fingerprints were asked for 6 months before the test in feb 2016, if im not wrong, it was in sept 2015 or something. Hopefully this is home stretch. Ive been here 12 years and I just hope to be a citizen and feel more sense of belonging than i already do. Hopefully 2 years was a good enough wait. I remember the officer who was dong the interview with my wife and I said that we would be notified in 3-6 months, but it has been 14 months. Heres to hoping that Ill get the letter soon. I dont think there is a need to get ATIP since the status has just been changed right?

Cheers
No need for ATIP as Decision Made is already there. Wait for couple of weeks to couple of months (maximum 6 months i think) and check your email/physical mail and ecas every day. Good luck and best wishes.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
@Kian2

Just wondering brother that how long it took you to get your test invite after you submitted your finger print result to CIC(Vancouver Office)?

Did you go to Saskatoon downtown police office for your finger print?
Did they send you results directly and then you had submitted it to CIC?
Usually for vancouver office, the test invite can take around 1 to 2 months after submitting the fingerprint requests. Usually RCMP or the fingerprint agency sends the results directly to cic. . Confirm with the fingerprint agency to make sure they have sent the results to cic and also confirm with cic if they have received it. In case, you get originals, send it to local cic office

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@thecoolguysam

Here in Saskatoon police ( RCMP) won't send the results to CIC directly even I insisted to them to do so but they said they don't do it . So I got the results after 2 weeks from main office Ottawa ( RCMP office ) and sent it to CIC ( Vancouver Office) .

But I talk to some other private agencies here in Saskatoon and they do send the results to CIC office but they cost little bit more.RCMP is cheaper $ 35 only where Private agencies cost $135.00

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
ROSEASHISH said:
@thecoolguysam

Here in Saskatoon police ( RCMP) won't send the results to CIC directly even I insisted to them to do so but they said they don't do it . So I got the results after 2 weeks from main office Ottawa ( RCMP office ) and sent it to CIC ( Vancouver Office) .

But I talk to some other private agencies here in Saskatoon and they do send the results to CIC office but they cost little bit more.RCMP is cheaper $ 35 only where Private agencies cost $135.00
Not to worry about fingerprints. I did it through RCMP. I got the result myself then I did send it to cic myself. Yes, I sent fingerprints to Vancouver office. But the processing office is Saskatoon. I would advice you to look at tracker sheet for knowing number of days. I am in the month December. Under location is shortened to SK= Saskatchewan.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
@thecoolguysam

If you have sent the original fingerprint results to CIC then that's it. I hope you had sent it through tracking# service. Did you call cic call centre to confirm. If not, call them to confirm if local cic office has received it.

Are you from Saskatoon and why you are sending the documents to Vancouver? If you are from Saskatoon then then I am not sure about their processing times.

Kian2017

Mar 24, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
If you have sent the original fingerprint results to CIC then that's it. I hope you had sent it through tracking# service. Did you call cic call centre to confirm. If not, call them to confirm if local cic office has received it.

Are you from Saskatoon and why you are sending the documents to Vancouver? If you are from Saskatoon then then I am not sure about their processing times.
The letter we receive saying specifically to send original fingerprints to Vancouver office , however we live in Saskatchewan. Seems the security part is processed in Vancouver then they ask the applicant to do the test either Saskatoon/Regina.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes I have tracking number for my mail and kian2 is right the letter itself says that we have to send it to Vancouver office and they process it over there.

but technically finger print results supposed to be going in local CIC office for further processing because our file stays at local office but don't know how it works .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
yes I have tracking number for my mail and kian2 is right the letter itself says that we have to send it to Vancouver office and they process it over there.

but technically finger print results supposed to be going in local CIC office for further processing because our file stays at local office but don't know how it works .
I think then Vancouver office is the one who would be processing the fingerprint requests (maybe they are centralized and specialized office for such things) and rest of the test/interview would be done at the cic office near where you live.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
We were asked to submit finger prints for my wife and I called CIC and asked them the specific question of routine versus non-routine. They said that finger prints does NOT make your application non-routine. It is part of the routine security checks for some applicants and it does not affect your application the same way a Residency Questionnaire does.