+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TERMINATION OF FEDERAL INVESTOR/ENTREPRENEUR CATEGORY

bonj8

Jul 14, 2014
noosh said:
Bonj8 and you could possibly email your VO asking about your status, since waiting can be torturous at this stage. Our VO replied emails within 2 weeks or less, but this would surely differ for other VOs. This is a possible option if you wish.

Good luck.
Hi Noosh,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already emailed the VO but still no reply. Anyway, will just keep waiting and hope that i can receive a positive reply

noosh

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2008 SAP
Doc's Request.
22-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2008
Med's Request
14-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
23-06-2014
Hang in there Bonj8, let's try to be cautiously optimistic about your situation. If they have made their final decision before June 19th, it would be safe, or if you have passed selection criteria before February 11th. When was your medical request received? After submitting our passports it took a month or less to get it back. Hopefully you will hear something soon to end this uncertainty.

@ Hardeep, I would personally not assume that no CIC response equates to cases not being be affected. Certain VOs are slower than others.

bonj8

Jul 14, 2014
noosh said:
Hang in there Bonj8, let's try to be cautiously optimistic about your situation. If they have made their final decision before June 19th, it would be safe, or if you have passed selection criteria before February 11th. When was your medical request received? After submitting our passports it took a month or less to get it back. Hopefully you will hear something soon to end this uncertainty.
Hi Noosh,
I dont know if they already made a final decision regarding my case. What i receive from the embassy last june 17, 2014 was an email requesting me to submit our passports and pictures. I cannot verify the status of my case on the cic website coz they already removed that option. Last time i was able to check my status was early june 2014. It shows that the embassy already received my medicals sometime may 2014(forgot the date). I then receive an email(instruction re investment). After VO was able to verified the investment, they emailed me the passport request. I really hope to hear some update from the embassy coz it will be a month on july 23 since i submitted our passports. Thanks

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Don't worry Bonj8, you have already received passport request. That means your visa is ready to be stamped on your passport.

shind

Nov 14, 2013
they harassed millions.
noosh said:
This is my first post in this forum, despite having anonymously followed it for years. Sadly, my first post isn't quite a positive one considering CIC's intent to terminate this program. Having waited for 6 years, like many others, and jumping through all the numerous hurdles to get our file at the final processing stage was quite a journey, that got cut short by CIC's announcement.

I am not a legal expert/professional, so please do heed what I say with caution. My intention is to try to shed some light on this mess, and share my knowledge on this termination proposal. For example, CIC states "certain" applications will be cancelled, this has caused a lot of speculation. But bill C-31 which contains the immigration clauses, specifies exactly what this "certain" will entail. In summary, from bill C-31 (see below/online), it would simply mean if prior to 11/02/14 you have passed the selection criteria (e.g. for FIIP: business experience, net worth and investment) and the officer has acknowledged this on your file in CAIPS/GCMS then you are safe. Another safe position would be if prior to the royal assent of this bill, your application has been finalized (this Lubs mentioned). So hope for either two of these outcomes.

So,
1)For CIC to terminate the proposed programs, the Economic Action Plan 2014 Act, No. 1 has to receive royal assent and come into force. This bill is known as
C-31 An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on February 11, 2014 and other measures.
2)As of yesterday (04/06/2014), the bill is in the report state in the House of Commons, and typically in a few days, week, or who knows, it should clear the senate and receive royal assent.

Extract from C-31, part 6, Division 20, clause 303:

Federal Investor and Entrepreneur Classes
Pending applications
87.5 (1) An application by a foreign national for a permanent resident visa as a member of the prescribed class of investors or of entrepreneurs is terminated if, before February 11, 2014, it has not been established by an officer, in accordance with the regulations, whether the applicant meets the selection criteria and other requirements applicable to the class in question.

Application
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to
(a) an application in respect of which a superior court has made a final determination unless the determination is made on or after February 11, 2014; or
(b) an application made by an investor or entrepreneur who is selected as such by a province whose government has entered into an agreement referred to in subsection 9(1).

Effect
(3) The fact that an application is terminated under subsection (1) does not constitute a decision not to issue a permanent resident visa.
Fees returned
(4) Any fees paid to the Minister in respect of the application referred to in subsection (1) — including for the acquisition of permanent resident status — must be returned, without interest, to the person who paid them. The amounts payable may be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

Investment returned
(5) If an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the prescribed class of investors is terminated under subsection (1), an amount equal to the investment made by the applicant in respect of their application must be returned, without interest, to the applicant. The amount may be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

Provincial allocation
(6) If the provincial allocation of an investment made in respect of an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the prescribed class of investors that is terminated under subsection (1) has been transferred to an approved fund, as defined in subsection 88(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the province whose government controls the approved fund must return an amount equal to that provincial allocation to the Minister without delay. The return of the amount extinguishes the debt obligation in respect of that provincial allocation.

No recourse or indemnity
(7) No right of recourse or indemnity lies against Her Majesty in right of Canada in connection with an application that is terminated under subsection (1), including in respect of any contract or other arrangement relating to any aspect of the application.