+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Tourism Visa for spouse

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I sponsored my wife recently to come to Canada because of the pandemic and as you may know, it may take longer normal for processing the application as the world is crazy moments happen nowadays, my question is

1-Can I apply for my spouse for a tourism visitor visa from IRAN?
2-how much is our chance to getting it?
3- do they processing a tourism visa at all at the moment?

I am thinking to bring my wife here until her PR processing Done, they only will call for medical maybe so she can do that here in Canada as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I sponsored my wife recently to come to Canada because of the pandemic and as you may know, it may take longer normal for processing the application as the world is crazy moments happen nowadays, my question is

1-Can I apply for my spouse for a tourism visitor visa from IRAN?
2-how much is our chance to getting it?
3- do they processing a tourism visa at all at the moment?

I am thinking to bring my wife here until her PR processing Done, they only will call for medical maybe so she can do that here in Canada as well.
1. Yes, she can apply for a TRV.
2. Unfortunately the chances are likely very low since IRCC will know she has plans to remain in Canada long term.
3. Yes, but everything is taking lonter right now due to COVID-19.

Reactions: imissmylove

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
1. Yes, she can apply for a TRV.
2. Unfortunately the chances are likely very low since IRCC will know she has plans to remain in Canada long term.
3. Yes, but everything is taking longer right now due to COVID-19.

Thank you but when she has currently an application under processing the officer should understand the situation, I think it all depends on the officer
I was thinking to attach a good support letter from our MP (a member of parliament of our city) we have a higher chance to get it for her and reunion the family.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you but when she has currently an application under proccessing the officer should understand the situation, I think it all depends on the officer
I think with a good support letter from an MP's (member of parliament of our city) we have a higher chance to get that VISA.
MP letters don't really make a difference in visa applications. To have the highest chance of approval, your wife will want to show strong ties to her home country such as property, assets, job and also prove she has enough money to fund her visit to Canada.

Reactions: mashulia_26

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
MP letters don't really make a difference in visa applications. To have the highest chance of approval, your wife will want to show strong ties to her home country such as property, assets, job, and also prove she has enough money to fund her visit to Canada.
In that case, I disagree with you, cuz only is for induvial visitor visa not in this case.
there is two option usually families have the same assets and liabilities, but I can say I will support her financially and I am covering all of the cost of travel from ticket to food and shelter or home, there is an option for that too at forms, I will submit my bank statements and my employment letter and my tax docs.

Last edited:

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello,
My spouse is already in Canada on Visitor status. Her Express entry PR application is still pending although the latest GCMS notes from last month show her application is approved and RFV.
We have submitted multiple webform informing IRCC that she is in Canada and have updated the address. Her visitor status is still valid for 3 more months. Should she be filing for extension of stay if COPR is not received until 60 days left on her visitor status? Is there a way to expedite the PR application or should we plan to apply for extension/leaving the country?

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello,
My spouse is already in Canada on Visitor status. Her Express entry PR application is still pending although the latest GCMS notes from last month show her application is approved and RFV.
We have submitted multiple webform informing IRCC that she is in Canada and have updated the address. Her visitor status is still valid for 3 more months. Should she be filing for extension of stay if COPR is not received until 60 days left on her visitor status? Is there a way to expedite the PR application or should we plan to apply for extension/leaving the country?
Yes For sure Apply for an extension from now because it could take longer than normal because of a crazy situation, the extension is a better option, also yes there are some ways for expediting the application, she must be eligible for that, things like medical or working at the hospital at the moment at COVID times are some of the reasons. keep searching and googling or talk to a real good lawyer, not those fake lawyers who ask for money at the first

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=063&top=10

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Implied status comes from the OWP. If she receives AOR from her OWP before her status expires then there is no need to extend. No way to expedite the process. Lots of people waiting and it will take time to get back to the normal processing times.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes For sure Apply for an extension from now because it could take longer than normal because of a crazy situation, the extension is a better option, also yes there are some ways for expediting the application, she must be eligible for that, things like medical or working at the hospital at the moment at COVID times are some of the reasons. keep searching and googling or talk to a real good lawyer, not those fake lawyers who ask for money at the first

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=063&top=10
Being an essential worker doesn’t lead to faster processing. A person should already have a WP which allows them to work. If a job requires you to be a PR then you can try for urgent processing. There is no need for a lawyer unless you are way out of the normal covid processing times if you compare to other applicants. There is no reason to apply so early to renew your visitor status. Apply right before the status expires so you can maximize the extension time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In that case, I disagree with you, cuz only is for induvial visitor visa not in this case.
there is two option usually families have the same assets and liabilities, but I can say I will support her financially and I am covering all of the cost of travel from ticket to food and shelter or home, there is an option for that too at forms, I will submit my bank statements and my employment letter and my tax docs.
Your wife will still not be a temporary visitor even if you submit your financial records and say you will support her visit. She essentially has to prove that she will only come to Canada to visit you before returning home to wait out the spousal sponsorship. You should certainly try to apply but in the success rate is low.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Implied status comes from the OWP. If she receives AOR from her OWP before her status expires then there is no need to extend. No way to expedite the process. Lots of people waiting and it will take time to get back to the normal processing times.
There is no OWP. My spouse applied her own individual express entry PR. It wasn’t a spousal sponsorship. Is she eligible to apply for OWP?

med902

Oct 3, 2020
Qatar
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Hello , Good Morning all, I Hope to get your opinions

I have applied for an RP after getting selected by Quebec in 2018 and I am expected to get my RP in the a couple of months.

After applying for RP, I got married on 2019 and I declared my wife as uncompanyed spouse, to be sponsored later after my arrival.

My Question: (in the normal situation, and without taking into account the pandemic circumstances) - what is the chance for my wife to get a tourist visa without my file affecting her negatively (without mentioning my application) ? Knowing that she has all the requirements (stable work, strong bank statement, assets, good travel history ...)

(So we can travel together, me : to confirm my permanent residence , and her : as a tourist).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello , Good Morning all, I Hope to get your opinions

I have applied for an RP after getting selected by Quebec in 2018 and I am expected to get my RP in the a couple of months.

After applying for RP, I got married on 2019 and I declared my wife as uncompanyed spouse, to be sponsored later after my arrival.

My Question: (in the normal situation, and without taking into account the pandemic circumstances) - what is the chance for my wife to get a tourist visa without my file affecting her negatively (without mentioning my application) ? Knowing that she has all the requirements (stable work, strong bank statement, assets, good travel history ...)

(So we can travel together, me : to confirm my permanent residence , and her : as a tourist).
Impossible to say but CIC will be aware of the PR application. In General the chances of a TRV approval are pretty low. You should change to your wife accompanying you.

med902

Oct 3, 2020
Qatar
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Impossible to say but CIC will be aware of the PR application. In General the chances of a TRV approval are pretty low. You should change to your wife accompanying you.

If I change my wife to be accompanying , I have to send my CSQ back to MIDI, and they will re-assess my score, to see if we can get CSQ as a family, which is a risk I don't want to get it, do you agree with me ?