+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would also update all that my daughter visa is refused received an email at 2.15 PM IST that her TRV is REFUSED. The reason are that:-
The visa officer is not convinced about her return. Following two points also.
  • Length of Proposed Stay in Canada
  • Purpose of Visit.
what should be our next steps?.
Request your valuable guidance
Unfortunately, a TRV refusal was expected in your daughter's case. This is very common in such situations.

IMO, do NOT reapply for a TRV as it will only mean another refusal besides getting frustrated.

It would be best if your son-in-law applies for her spousal sponsorship. After her file is transferred to NDVO then she can try applying for a TRV

Reactions: Swapna26

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
Hi Bryanna
I am very convinced with your precious advice.
My son in law also suggests on the similar pathway.
A lot of regards n thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm pretty sure the case notes in your daughter's case would state something to the effect: 'PA is recently married and husband is a PR. No spousal sponsorship application filed. No travel history. Stronger family ties to Canada. I'm not convinced that she will return to her home country at the end of her visit. Refused.'

Your son-in-law can, however, certainly apply for GCMS just to know if the visa officer made any other observations. The link is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with Bryanna. Forget about the TRV - you'll end up with another refusal.

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
Hi Bryanna, hi Scylla
This valuable advice is highly appreciated. Now my son in law is all set to apply for PR for my daughter from outside Canada.
I want to know after completing file for PR and obtaining file number i.e. successful submission of file at NDVO.
Is it advisable to apply for work permit from out side Canada.

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
In continuation of above I would add that my elder daughter is PR in canada with her own family and my son is an international student in canada means applicant have 2 siblings only and both are in canada

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Hi, thought would update you all. Just received an Update on 1.45PM IST that my TRV was REFUSED.

Reasons:
  • Length of Proposed Stay in Canada
  • Purpose of Visit.
Can anyone pls guide on what should be my next steps?.
I am sorry to hear about your rejection. 4 Weeks leave from work weakens the ties to her home country.
Order your GCMS notes before applying.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
I am sorry to hear about your rejection. 4 Weeks leave from work weakens the ties to her home country.
Order your GCMS notes before applying.
Do you think my GMCS notes would be different than that of @arvindmehta ? My hubby is on Work Permit there and we will be applying for PR as such in August. So at present I just want to have a small vacation with him and not apply and wait for Work Permit as I have a very good job here and plan to shift only after PR.

Will my TRV be refused again even if i reduce my duration to say 20 days (earlier I had applied of one month)?

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Unfortunately, a TRV refusal was expected in your daughter's case. This is very common in such situations.

IMO, do NOT reapply for a TRV as it will only mean another refusal besides getting frustrated.

It would be best if your son-in-law applies for her spousal sponsorship. After her file is transferred to NDVO then she can try applying for a TRV
are you suggesting that while waiting for sponsorship approval which in my case i have already applied for..i can apply for TRV and stand a chance of getting approved?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
are you suggesting that while waiting for sponsorship approval which in my case i have already applied for..i can apply for TRV and stand a chance of getting approved?
Yes, you can apply for a TRV while your PR app is in progress. Nonetheless, it's better to apply for a TRV after sponsor approval + you'll have to work really hard to prove that you have solid reasons to return to your home country

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
ofcourse i wouldn't need a TRV
Yes, you can apply for a TRV while your PR app is in progress. Nonetheless, it's better to apply for a TRV after sponsor approval + you'll have to work really hard to prove that you have solid reasons to return to your home country
when sponsorship has been approved

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ofcourse i wouldn't need a TRV

when sponsorship has been approved
No, you've misunderstood. I suggested you can apply for a TRV after sponsor approval i.e. assessment of sponsor stage = when your file is transferred to the visa office in your home country. I didn't say after sponsorship/PR approval

sanjali

Apr 16, 2017
4 days ago I submitted trv application but till now I did not get any mail or sms, but when I first applied that time I got sms, it's my 2nd application.....Plz ans me if any one know about this matter...Inform me.....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
4 days ago I submitted trv application but till now I did not get any mail or sms, but when I first applied that time I got sms, it's my 2nd application.....Plz ans me if any one know about this matter...Inform me.....
Did you apply online or by paper this time?