+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
My daughter recently got married 2 months back and her husband applied online TRV on 07 april 2017 on invitation. He holds status of PR in canada. She has not received any passport request so far. Please advise.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
My daughter recently got married 2 months back and her husband applied online TRV on 07 april 2017 on invitation. He holds status of PR in canada. She has not received any passport request so far. Please advise.
I have exactly the same situation as yours. Got married in February. Applied for TRV online on 8th April for one month. Submitted a CSE on 9th May, as processing days had surpassed the given limit. Still no reply yet.

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
Hi Bryanna and all seniors
You are requested to respond and guide all of us so that we follow your advice and soothe our tension.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna and all seniors
You are requested to respond and guide all of us so that we follow your advice and soothe our tension.
I don't wish to get your hopes down. It's pretty well known that the chances of getting TRVs are low if the spouse is a Canadian PR/citizen. To a visa officer it would seem like the applicant will overstay his/her visit... or will file an inland PR application (to avoid the long processing time for outland apps).

Hopefully each of you have demonstrated exceptionally strong ties/reasons to return to India because that can help to get TRVs

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
Hi Bryanna
Thank you for prompt reply. I wish visa officer gets convinced for genuine reasons.
At the same time it will be very helpful if you suggest reasons for the delay. Because it has exceeded processing time.
Thanks once again

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
I have exactly the same situation as yours. Got married in February. Applied for TRV online on 8th April for one month. Submitted a CSE on 9th May, as processing days had surpassed the given limit. Still no reply yet.
The chances of approval are very slim for the spouse of PR/Citizenship holder. A lot of people who applied in march are waiting still.

neelti

May 4, 2017
I am on Study permit. My wife is doing her MBA in India . We have provided a bonafide certificate saying she is still a student and her degree is not yet completed.

We requested visa for 1 month. Fingers crossed.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
The chances of approval are very slim for the spouse of PR/Citizenship holder. A lot of people who applied in march are waiting still.
Thanks luvanuj. Actually my situation is same i.e my timeline is same as others. But my husband is in Canada on Work Permit and I have a job here whose No Leave Objection letter I had submitted.
Do you have any idea if my husband being on work permit will still lead to refusal?

@Bryanna do you think i have low chances in this scenario as well?

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
Hi, thought would update you all. Just received an Update on 1.45PM IST that my TRV was REFUSED.

Reasons:
  • Length of Proposed Stay in Canada
  • Purpose of Visit.
Can anyone pls guide on what should be my next steps?.

Arvindmmehta

May 11, 2017
I would also update all that my daughter visa is refused received an email at 2.15 PM IST that her TRV is REFUSED. The reason are that:-
The visa officer is not convinced about her return. Following two points also.
  • Length of Proposed Stay in Canada
  • Purpose of Visit.
what should be our next steps?.
Request your valuable guidance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC is concerned your daughter has plans to remain in Canada long term. There is probably no point applying unless your daughter can provide much stronger proof of her ties to her home country. Also, it sounds like the trip she requested was too long.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
CIC is concerned your daughter has plans to remain in Canada long term. There is probably no point applying unless your daughter can provide much stronger proof of her ties to her home country. Also, it sounds like the trip she requested was too long.
Is one month duration too long?

I had shown a leave letter from my job stating that they have granted leave from 1st May to 31st May and I would resume work on 1st June.

Pls advise on the recommended duration for TRV