+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa (visitor, studying, working)

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by yuvi225, Sep 12, 2018.

  1. Hi! I applied my TRV on the basis of my work permit on September 1. As per the instructions I chose the option of applying TRV inside Canada as it only allows people who got the student and working permits. Currently, I am outside Canada and gave my current mailing address. I have not received the decision yet its already been 12 days, my friends applied it a few months ago and they got it within the week. Can anyone assist me or anyone facing the same problem??
  2. Hi

    1. It is unlikely that CIC will process your application, since it is for persons IN CANADA, with valid work/study permits. You are outside Canada as per your mailing address.
  3. If you are outside Canada and have valid study or work permit you have to choose inside Canada option. Further inside that form you have an option apply inside or outside Canada and I chose my current mailing address.
  4. You should have applied for TRV outside Canada not inside.

    Did you receive any decision?
  5. I chose the option outside Canada inside the form after choosing inside Canada.
    The reason why I chose inside Canada was that "I was not able to get the option of returning worker in the outside Canada form." Also if you check the processing time calculator it will tell you that the valid study and working permits can only choose inside Canada.

Share This Page