+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa Refused due to Misrepresentation

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
Hello,

I recently applied for Temporary Resident Visa for me and my family.
Below is my timeline:

13-Dec-2015 - Applied online for TRV
15-Dec-2015 - got mail from CIC for biometrics for me and my wife
21-Dec-2015 - received Procedural Fairness Letter because of making misrepresentation - I was denied entry in United States of America because of not having valid student visa papers.
1-Feb-2016 - Received Refusal decision on my application from CIC

I want to apply again with all other information, but i need to know is there any kind of ban with this refusal?

I get checked on following clauses in my refusal letter:

--You are a member of an inadmissible class of persons described in the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act. As a result, you are inadmissible to Canada pursuant to the following Section(s):

--Section 40(1)(a): For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Kindly anyone can confirm me either it is only refusal or refusal with ban of five years?

Please advise me.

Thanks

Hi sir how are you/

Do i knwo which email is correct

ryadhvisa@international.gc.ca or riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca

tsega

Aug 25, 2017
They didnt say 5 years ban...they only said that they are not satisfied on my application therefore they refuse my application.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
They didnt say 5 years ban...they only said that they are not satisfied on my application therefore they refuse my application.
Can you post the whole refusal letter? Then its good news if CIC didn't ban you for misrepresentation. Meaning you can reapply anytime.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryana and cycilya,
I got refusal letter through email.what should i do?can i apeal?
Any which way, an appeal is a lengthy and expensive process. In your case, it won't work. Your form did not match the details you gave at your interview.

You would need to tell us specifically which boxes were checked in the refusal letter

Last edited:

tsega

Aug 25, 2017
Hi thx for replay,if u give me ur personal email , i can send the refuse letter. They just write letter.there is no box on the letter.they said that they are not satisfied .how long is going to take to reapplay? What is my option here.

ansh01

Mar 29, 2018
surrey
Category........
In accordance with Section A11(1) of theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

Grounds for refusal:

· Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

ansh01

Mar 29, 2018
surrey
Category........
please help me bryanaa what they improved in next reapply my uncle and his family want to next try in may .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi thx for replay,if u give me ur personal email , i can send the refuse letter. They just write letter.there is no box on the letter.they said that they are not satisfied .how long is going to take to reapplay? What is my option here.
You did not apply for a TRV, isn't it? You had an interview for your refugee claim, right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
· Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.
You would need to post more details:
1. What was the purpose of their visit and for how long?

2. Who applied from the same family? Do they have other children?

3. What were the documents which each applicant submitted?

4. What individual ties can each applicant prove: Employment/ Business/ Study + property ownership + good financial situation without borrowing, etc?

5. Have they traveled to countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ?

tsega

Aug 25, 2017
You did not apply for a TRV, isn't it? You had an interview for your refugee claim, right?
Hi bryana,i aplied for permanent resident for refugee.the vo not satisfied on my case.they send me refusal letter.can i re applay?what is my aption?

tsega

Aug 25, 2017
They said during the interview,there is inconsistancy answer about time of detention and about the party that i support while i was in my country so they are not satified therefore they refuse my application.