Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
I applied for visitor visa in Jan and got the same kind of reply from CIC saying that I may be inadmissible for 5 years under misrepresentation of my application.

They asked for respond in 30days to respresent myself

And i duly replied them with the missing information. Now, as more than 30 days have passed I havent got any reply from CIC.

Can i apply for TRV again ?
Am I already banned for 5 years ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
akreturns said:
I applied for visitor visa in Jan and got the same kind of reply from CIC saying that I may be inadmissible for 5 years under misrepresentation of my application.

They asked for respond in 30days to respresent myself

And i duly replied them with the missing information. Now, as more than 30 days have passed I havent got any reply from CIC.

Can i apply for TRV again ?
Am I already banned for 5 years ?
No - you cannot apply for a TRV again. You must wait for a decision to be made for your first application. If you did in fact leave out information in your application - you should be expecting a refusal and most likely a 5 year ban from entering Canada.

akreturns

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
any idea how long will it take for decision from CIC side ?

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Thanks Bryanna and Scylla for your correspondence and responding back to my reply.

Here is what found in refusal letter:

Application No: UCI:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application
and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application.
In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:

• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family
ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your
situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that any person wishing to
become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and
that she or he meets the requirements of the Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.

Note: They are many grounds which are not checked off, the only checked off are as listed below:

--You are a member of an inadmissible class of persons described in the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act. As a result, you are inadmissible to Canada pursuant to the following Section(s):

--Section 40(1)(a): For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

They didn't tell me about ban of five years in letter. I am still confused either there is ban for five years or not.

Thanks for being with me.
Hello All,

I have a very similar case. I sent an Invitation letter to my sister for my graduation. She had previously been denied a US visa reason being that they were not satisfied with her social and economic ties to her home country. More recently she was denied a Shenghai (pardon me I don't know the correct spelling) visa on a similar reason. So when she applied for the Canadian TRV she only mentioned the recent Shenghai refusal without mentioning the US. Long story short, she received exactly the same letter as above. Now from all these, I understand that 99% there is a 5-year ban. I am now concerned about myself as I am on my PGWP and applying for my PR. Will this affect me? If yes, how and what should I do?

Your concise answers will be highly appreciated. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I have a very similar case. I sent an Invitation letter to my sister for my graduation. She had previously been denied a US visa reason being that they were not satisfied with her social and economic ties to her home country. More recently she was denied a Shenghai (pardon me I don't know the correct spelling) visa on a similar reason. So when she applied for the Canadian TRV she only mentioned the recent Shenghai refusal without mentioning the US. Long story short, she received exactly the same letter as above. Now from all these, I understand that 99% there is a 5-year ban. I am now concerned about myself as I am on my PGWP and applying for my PR. Will this affect me? If yes, how and what should I do?

Your concise answers will be highly appreciated. Thanks
This won't impact you at all. The only impact is to your sister. I wouldn't say the 5 year ban is 99% - sometimes they give people a break. But certainly high.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
More recently she was denied a Shenghai (pardon me I don't know the correct spelling) visa on a similar reason. So when she applied for the Canadian TRV she only mentioned the recent Shenghai refusal without mentioning the US
You're referring to a Schengen visa

Gemini_15

Jun 23, 2017
Hi id been refused more than 1 year back then, in my refusal letter, the officer didnt convince that:
-purpose of visit
-employment prospect in country of residence
Now im applying under PNP what is my chances now

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi id been refused more than 1 year back then, in my refusal letter, the officer didnt convince that:
-purpose of visit
-employment prospect in country of residence
Now im applying under PNP what is my chances now
Then your TRV refusal has no impact on your PNP.

Gemini_15

Jun 23, 2017
Thnk you, do you think they will find out that i have been refused before, do they still have my personal information or the forms that i have been mail to them via paper based?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thnk you, do you think they will find out that i have been refused before, do they still have my personal information or the forms that i have been mail to them via paper based?
IRCC has your complete application history. Yes, they would know that you've been refused earlier even it was a paper application.

You must declare this previous TRV refusal + visa refusals to any other country (if it's the case) when you apply for any visa category

Gemini_15

Jun 23, 2017
Thank you but do you think Even my work history on the past 10 years? Or just my personal information.
On the letter of refusal the vo said i didnt satisfy him that im going back home

Gemini_15

Jun 23, 2017
IRCC has your complete application history. Yes, they would know that you've been refused earlier even it was a paper application.

You must declare this previous TRV refusal + visa refusals to any other country (if it's the case) when you apply for any visa category
By the way im weong, my application was a temporay work permit, under temporary work program. My contract was only 1 year and i have positive lmia for sure. The refusal reason was the vo doesnt convinced that im going back home after my stay expire, i include letter of explanation on the apllication other reasons are
*purpose of visit
*employment prospect in country of residence
What was that means? Do you think thats a minor case that doesnt have an impact on my application under PNP? Thank you again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
By the way im weong, my application was a temporay work permit, under temporary work program. My contract was only 1 year and i have positive lmia for sure. The refusal reason was the vo doesnt convinced that im going back home after my stay expire, i include letter of explanation on the apllication other reasons are
*purpose of visit
*employment prospect in country of residence
What was that means? Do you think thats a minor case that doesnt have an impact on my application under PNP? Thank you again.
All of the replies to your previous posts in this thread stay the same.

The short answers:
1. No impact on your PNP application

2. Yes, IRCC has all your application records even for paper applications

3. You must declare the TFW refusal when you apply for any visa category