+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa, FSW, PNP FOR NIGERIANS

fattlordclub

Apr 24, 2019
I'm going for a job fair in Canada. How long will it take me to get my visa if i apply? Thank you

45days as of today processing time frame.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

It varies, sometimes 30 to 45days but does not include the processing time from submission till your bio-metrics at VFS offices. The days start counting from the day the embassy receives your application. Both paper base and online application's is being processed at the Canadian high commission in Nairobi Kenya.

Hope this help? So maximized your thought to 36 to 46days.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

It varies, sometimes 30 to 45days but does not include the processing time from submission till your bio-metrics at VFS offices. The days start counting from the day the embassy receives your application. Both paper base and online application's is being processed at the Canadian high commission in Nairobi Kenya.

Why is our application processed in another country. Are they going to run background checks?

Reactions: Ejirobless

Cjay23

May 21, 2019

My first application got rejected by the Nairobi Canadian high commissioner

fattlordclub

Apr 24, 2019
My first application got rejected by the Nairobi Canadian high commissioner

You cannot question where and how your application is being processed. They do have rights to issue /deny and revoke visas. It's a privilege and not a right my brother. Having said that, the presiding officers are now from Nairobi Kenya. They make decisions and the office in Abuja/Lagos only issue visas from this office. Probably trying to minimized their running cost during business. We all live in a crazy world now, where every cooperation tries to save or minimize their output potentials. Nigerian international passport is imported from Malaysia, think about that. Do you think we don't have qualified printing companies in Nigeria that can get it done? It is the situation we've found ourselves my brother. I'll give you a little gist.I applied for Australian visa some years back, but got denied through their office in South Africa. This took me more than a month with UPS and all those things. Fats forward to 2019, i applied for an ETA with my Canadian passport and got it under 5 mins under my roof. Trust me brother, i feel your pain, but we al need to start doing better. The Visa agents are crooks in Nigeria. I've seen different sorts of application done by these guys. Lots of them have misrepresentations and fraudulent documentations. Like i said, these guys have solid network and do their background check with private companies in Nigeria. Trust me, they do have their ways.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
You cannot question where and how your application is being processed. They do have rights to issue /deny and revoke visas. It's a privilege and not a right my brother. Having said that, the presiding officers are now from Nairobi Kenya. They make decisions and the office in Abuja/Lagos only issue visas from this office. Probably trying to minimized their running cost during business. We all live in a crazy world now, where every cooperation tries to save or minimize their output potentials. Nigerian international passport is imported from Malaysia, think about that. Do you think we don't have qualified printing companies in Nigeria that can get it done? It is the situation we've found ourselves my brother. I'll give you a little gist.I applied for Australian visa some years back, but got denied through their office in South Africa. This took me more than a month with UPS and all those things. Fats forward to 2019, i applied for an ETA with my Canadian passport and got it under 5 mins under my roof. Trust me brother, i feel your pain, but we al need to start doing better. The Visa agents are crooks in Nigeria. I've seen different sorts of application done by these guys. Lots of them have misrepresentations and fraudulent documentations. Like i said, these guys have solid network and do their background check with private companies in Nigeria. Trust me, they do have their ways.
Well said... Anyways I reapplied and stated/provided reasons categorically, unlike my first time which I applied through an agent who didn't give me much update on what to provide so I hope I stand a chance "being optimistic"...

Adezworld

Jun 27, 2019
I submitted my application on 24th of May, did my biometrics on the 30th of may, before I left the VFS centre, I got this message "
We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 30 May 2019
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number" ever since then no email or anything, it's an online application, I tried tracking it online, keep saying no record found, pls what is happening

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
I submitted my application on 24th of May, did my biometrics on the 30th of may, before I left the VFS centre, I got this message "
We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 30 May 2019
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number" ever since then no email or anything, it's an online application, I tried tracking it online, keep saying no record found, pls what is happening
Open a Gckey account and link your profile to find out your current status.

Www.cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Ebukamoses

Adezworld

Jun 27, 2019
Then follow what's on your online account VFS don't give much details they only give you report on and when your document/passport is ready for collection/dispatched
Can I please get your phone number, so we can talk into details

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hi guys,I did biometrics in Abuja since January,after receiving the tracking code on my email,I have not heard anything again,and cannot be able to track,is anyone here having such issue or delay,I don't know why NIGERIAN applications are delayed

fattlordclub

Apr 24, 2019

Hello there, you've received a message that your bio-metrics was received. Please allow the high commission more days to get back to you. It says in process, the final message would be "Decision made". On their website, it stated 36 to 45 days processing timeline. Just keep tracking it till you get a decision. Our national holiday is coming up this July 1st, so no work on this day. Canada's Day..............