+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) application process

shay2811

Apr 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

What is the process to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for my brother living in London, UK? I am unable to get the TRP application form from the visa office there who keep redirecting me to the canadian website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html)

As my brother was refused an eTA on grounds of criminal inadmissibility for DUI in the UK, I assume TRP is the only way. Please assist with the process to apply for TRP.

I have been searching but can't find anything online. Eagerly waiting for a response.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

What is the process to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for my brother living in London, UK? I am unable to get the TRP application form from the visa office there who keep redirecting me to the canadian website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada.html)

As my brother was refused an eTA on grounds of criminal inadmissibility for DUI in the UK, I assume TRP is the only way. Please assist with the process to apply for TRP.

I have been searching but can't find anything online. Eagerly waiting for a response.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/temporary-resident-permits.html

If he's successful then I will be surprised.

shay2811

Apr 16, 2023
Anyone else have inputs as the link does not give any detailed information other than reaching out to the Visa office, who redirect back this same link

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

How recent was the DUI and when did he end any jail time or parole?

shay2811

Apr 16, 2023
I’m looking for the application form. The Canadian website says to contact the visa office for the application form for the TRP but they have not been able to send me anything. Hence I was looking for:
1. application form?
2. Where and how to submit this. It says you have to pay $200 but again how is it done?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I’m looking for the application form. The Canadian website says to contact the visa office for the application form for the TRP but they have not been able to send me anything. Hence I was looking for:
1. application form?
2. Where and how to submit this. It says you have to pay $200 but again how is it done?
Okay - there isn't an application form for a TRP, and instead a person applies using the TRV application and following the directions in these on-line instructions.

The opening paragraph explains that if you're applying for a TRP, "along with your temporary resident application." IRCC emphasized the word with, not I.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/apply-where.asp

shay2811

Apr 16, 2023
Thanks for the info, when you do go with the TRV application, given that it’s not a visa required but eTA required country (UK), it simply shows the steps for that. Within which there is nothing to suggest you want to apply for the TRP. This is actually very surprising that there is no clear way.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the info, when you do go with the TRV application, given that it’s not a visa required but eTA required country (UK), it simply shows the steps for that. Within which there is nothing to suggest you want to apply for the TRP. This is actually very surprising that there is no clear way.
Unfortunately I don't know the process to apply. However wanted to give you the heads up that current processing times for TRPs seem to be around 18 months. So August is very unlikely to happen unfortunately.

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
Unfortunately I don't know the process to apply. However wanted to give you the heads up that current processing times for TRPs seem to be around 18 months. So August is very unlikely to happen unfortunately.
How do you know the processing time is 18 months? I have been waiting for a decision on mine and have been waiting for 26 months now.

Reactions: DUIInsideCanada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How do you know the processing time is 18 months? I have been waiting for a decision on mine and have been waiting for 26 months now.
Sorry, I should have said a minimum of 18 months. This isn't based on anything IRCC has published. I just haven't seen anyone on this forum get through in less than 18 months over the last couple of years.

Reactions: Q1303

Q1303

Mar 9, 2020
Sorry, I should have said a minimum of 18 months. This isn't based on anything IRCC has published. I just haven't seen anyone on this forum get through in less than 18 months over the last couple of years.
fair. I was only asking because unfortunately, information about the TRP application, process, and timeline are hard to find on the internet.

Reactions: scylla