+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Foreign Worker Program - Moratorium 04-26-2014

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel_25 said:
mdeleon lets wait for lagn07 her scheduled flight is next week. What position are you applying and in what part of canada.

Thank you & God bless

hi my work is food counter attendant at booster juice alberta canada. how bout you? keep in touch please thank you

makel25

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Med's Request
13/03/2014
Med's Done....
17/03/2014
Passport Req..
20/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2014
LANDED..........
13/05/2014
cnu po my flyt nextwek? share nmn po tyu.. ako din kasi plan ne emplyer ko is may13 ang alis ko.. kakakaba lng tlga...hayst... sna nmn ok na lahat...

galuramarvin

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
fkl said:
What makes you say that with certainty? As far as the official wording i read, it said

"Effective immediately, ESDC will no longer process LMOs for occupations in the Food Services Sector.

LMOs will not be processed for occupations classified by the 2002 North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS 2002) in Food Services and Drinking Places (NAICS subsector 722). Specifically, certain occupations related to sales and service and sales and service management as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC 2006). Please see this list for further detail.

Employers that have submitted applications and paid the processing fee, but have not yet received an LMO, will be refunded the full processing fee.

Any unused positions on positive LMOs that have been issued to employers for these sectors will be suspended and therefore will no longer be able to be used to obtain a worker permit"

From this last sentence what i could gather was, if one has applied at a CIC embassy and has received a work permit successfully (it is an approval called Letter of introduction - not an actual work permit), while the actual wp is issued at the port of entry, then i am not sure these people will be refused too.

Unless this is clarified some where else too by CIC.

Unused LMO's are those in which employers have already gotten LMO's but not yet named and hired employees. My understanding is that "unused ones are those".

Still if i had been in their shoes, i would try confirming that from CIC by say asking a friend in Canada to call or via emailing CIC directly perhaps.
Youre an Angel...thank you for your thought..At least you make it clear for me now. I have the same situation with those two.

lagn07

Apr 29, 2014
Guys, according to my friend named Rose who is already traveling on May 23 said she has a family/close friend who was sent back to Philippines 2-3 days ago. They were not granted with work permit from in vancouver. Tomorrow, another friend of her will travel (will work at Tim Hortons). Will update you guys once I get some information. As of my case, I am thinking of moving my flight a little late until perhaps the issue is settled. For how long I don't know.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
galuramarvin said:
Youre an Angel...thank you for your thought..At least you make it clear for me now. I have the same situation with those two.
No problem. Let's hope you guys do make through. Read the follow ups. An employer posted that his employees were denied. So it seems unfortunately that it will not be possible to get it. I am just trying to make sure you guys get the right info

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
devjavu said:
Which begs the question - why would any business pay more for the same skill level?

Could this be performance based, which I dare say has little to do with nationality or ethnicity. Depends person to person. I can certainly say that for skilled workers ( such as scientists / engineers) this should be a criteria. I would imagine for the food service processing sector the more managerial tasks could be the differentiator. I guess skill assessment for say cooks is hard - my Thai TFW cook in my Thai restaurant could be the reason why it's fully booked. But why would I pay more for a Thai porter who's moving supplies - unless he's slaving away (oops I used that word) ?

If i get this right : Government wants employers to fill vacancies with Citizens and PRs first .If they are unable to, they can employ /apply for foreign workers which is expensive and time consuming.
As for why, I explained it in another thread in this post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bad-news-for-tfw-under-food-service-processing-their-lmo-t199334.0.html;msg3087991#msg3087991

nand kishor

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
6242 COOK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25TH MAY 2011
Doc's Request.
20TH JULY 2011
AOR Received.
17TH AUG 2011
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
16TH JAN 2012
Med's Done....
24TH JAN 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5TH JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
received PP on 7th july 2012
LANDED..........
15 july 2012
hi guys,
one of my friend got work visa as a cook on march 2014 and planning to come at Vancouver next month.Does he will have any problem at airport(immigration dept) due to moratorium situation////
need suggestion
thanks

Iskanner

Apr 29, 2014
Is that moratorium for food sector only or apply to all TFW? I was hired in one website. My employer apply for LMO last april 9, 2014 and still waiting.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Iskanner said:
Is that moratorium for food sector only or apply to all TFW? I was hired in one website. My employer apply for LMO last april 9, 2014 and still waiting.
Food sector only - though it covers a wide range of related NOC's as well.

Iskanner

Apr 29, 2014
My employer applied for LMO as Dairyherdsperson, in Agriculture sector maybe i'm not sure. Do you know this sector was affected? Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Iskanner said:
My employer applied for LMO as Dairyherdsperson, in Agriculture sector maybe i'm not sure. Do you know this sector was affected? Thanks
I don't know. I am not very clear about roles and differences. You should have known your NOC at least. Here is the list. See for yourself

http://www.edsc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

Skyblue0218

Apr 30, 2014
People who just got their visa.. It's not advisable to come in Canada while the moratorium has not been lifted yet. It's too risky. The immigration will not issue work permit at the port of entry. I heard about Filipino contract worker from Taiwan got their visa and came in Canada at Vancouver port of entry. They did not obtain their work permit and they were sent home instead. A to A (airport to airport)... Since the validity of the visa is 6 months, then I would suggest to wait for awhile until the issue will be resolved.... however, it's still your decision. It's up to you people if you would take the risk. :(

cute_rocel123

Apr 28, 2014
Good day

Hi I'm from philippines, I have an agency who process my Application in canada. I got my positive LMo and Work Visa last December 2013 and according to my agency I just need to wait for my employer to buy me a ticket. Is the hold regarding foreign workers in canada will affect also my Application even if I already signed my contract ang got my Lmo and visa last year before the moratorium appear?

Please enlighten me. I just want to be sure

Thanks mam and sir, Rocel

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
cute_rocel123 said:
Good day

Hi I'm from philippines, I have an agency who process my Application in canada. I got my positive LMo and Work Visa last December 2013 and according to my agency I just need to wait for my employer to buy me a ticket. Is the hold regarding foreign workers in canada will affect also my Application even if I already signed my contract ang got my Lmo and visa last year before the moratorium appear?

Please enlighten me. I just want to be sure

Thanks mam and sir, Rocel
Probably yes but I'm not sure but its also risky to go there now as some of filipinos sent back home in the point of entry....but dont lose hope maybe your employer is waiting for the news about the moratorium of TWP to be lift..