VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
:eek: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml :eek:

devjavu

Apr 28, 2014
Wishing those effected the best:(
I wonder if this is linked with the unfortunate incidences of the waitresses losing jobs to foreign workers in Saskatchewan. I think the unalienable right to employment (skilled/unskilled) is to citizens first. That is how most countries look at it. It wouldn't surprise me if there were instances where employers would go in for cheaper methods (below minimum wage, longer hours) to employ foreign workers. Speculative, yes but I have seen this happen way too often all over Europe (esp.Portugal , Spain and Italy) and the UK.

In my personal opinion the actions of a few employers may have trashed it up for a whole lot of TFWs.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
devjavu said:
It wouldn't surprise me if there were instances where employers would go in for cheaper methods (below minimum wage, longer hours) to employ foreign workers. Speculative, yes but I have seen this happen way too often all over Europe (esp.Portugal , Spain and Italy) and the UK.

In my personal opinion the actions of a few employers may have trashed it up for a whole lot of TFWs.
that's what i thought too. apparently it's the opposite... companies are paying foreign workers up to 20% more, giving them more hours and passing over canadians for promotions.

devjavu

Apr 28, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
that's what i thought too. apparently it's the opposite... companies are paying foreign workers up to 20% more, giving them more hours and passing over canadians for promotions.
Which begs the question - why would any business pay more for the same skill level?

Could this be performance based, which I dare say has little to do with nationality or ethnicity. Depends person to person. I can certainly say that for skilled workers ( such as scientists / engineers) this should be a criteria. I would imagine for the food service processing sector the more managerial tasks could be the differentiator. I guess skill assessment for say cooks is hard - my Thai TFW cook in my Thai restaurant could be the reason why it's fully booked. But why would I pay more for a Thai porter who's moving supplies - unless he's slaving away (oops I used that word) ?

If i get this right : Government wants employers to fill vacancies with Citizens and PRs first .If they are unable to, they can employ /apply for foreign workers which is expensive and time consuming.

lagn07

Apr 29, 2014
Hello everyone, I was hired as waitress in Fort McMurray and is scheduled to fly next week. With the issue pertaining to TFWs nowadays, will my status be affected?! Is there a possibility that the immigration would refuse to provide me with work permit?

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lagn07 said:
Hello everyone, I was hired as waitress in Fort McMurray and is scheduled to fly next week. With the issue pertaining to TFWs nowadays, will my status be affected?! Is there a possibility that the immigration would refuse to provide me with work permit?

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME QUESTION IN MIND. CAN SOMEONE TELL US IF WORK PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED TO US AT POE? THANK YOU

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mdeleon said:
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME QUESTION IN MIND. CAN SOMEONE TELL US IF WORK PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED TO US AT POE? THANK YOU
You both are holding a positive LMO for a NOC that is suspended..
So the answer is no. You will not get a work permit with that LMO.

At least not now... Time will tell what will happend..

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARPER GOVT. TRY TO HELP THROUGH TFW....program...some specific nations....but opposition caught them for not fair program...now they r planing to stop it asap...so no more further problem for harper govt...look other opptions if u can...its risky now...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SeanDame said:

What makes you say that with certainty? As far as the official wording i read, it said

"Effective immediately, ESDC will no longer process LMOs for occupations in the Food Services Sector.

LMOs will not be processed for occupations classified by the 2002 North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS 2002) in Food Services and Drinking Places (NAICS subsector 722). Specifically, certain occupations related to sales and service and sales and service management as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC 2006). Please see this list for further detail.

Employers that have submitted applications and paid the processing fee, but have not yet received an LMO, will be refunded the full processing fee.

Any unused positions on positive LMOs that have been issued to employers for these sectors will be suspended and therefore will no longer be able to be used to obtain a worker permit"

From this last sentence what i could gather was, if one has applied at a CIC embassy and has received a work permit successfully (it is an approval called Letter of introduction - not an actual work permit), while the actual wp is issued at the port of entry, then i am not sure these people will be refused too.

Unless this is clarified some where else too by CIC.

Unused LMO's are those in which employers have already gotten LMO's but not yet named and hired employees. My understanding is that "unused ones are those".

Still if i had been in their shoes, i would try confirming that from CIC by say asking a friend in Canada to call or via emailing CIC directly perhaps.

nezya

May 16, 2010
lagn07 said:
Hello, my friend is food counter attendant and is also scheduled to fly on May 16 now I am worried for her if she will be given work permit in Vancouver. Are you still planning to go? Can I have you email add please to know if you were given a work permit? By the way Fort Mc is just near in our place. Thanks in advance.

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SeanDame said:

Hi may I ask on where did you get that confirmation? have you asked a friend? or did you ask the immigration at the airport or POE? Cause it seems that you are 100% sure that we cannot get work permit at poe. Do you have a proof?

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
What makes you say that with certainty? As far as the official wording i read, it said

"Effective immediately, ESDC will no longer process LMOs for occupations in the Food Services Sector.

LMOs will not be processed for occupations classified by the 2002 North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS 2002) in Food Services and Drinking Places (NAICS subsector 722). Specifically, certain occupations related to sales and service and sales and service management as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC 2006). Please see this list for further detail.

Employers that have submitted applications and paid the processing fee, but have not yet received an LMO, will be refunded the full processing fee.

Any unused positions on positive LMOs that have been issued to employers for these sectors will be suspended and therefore will no longer be able to be used to obtain a worker permit"

From this last sentence what i could gather was, if one has applied at a CIC embassy and has received a work permit successfully (it is an approval called Letter of introduction - not an actual work permit), while the actual wp is issued at the port of entry, then i am not sure these people will be refused too.

Unless this is clarified some where else too by CIC.

Unused LMO's are those in which employers have already gotten LMO's but not yet named and hired employees. My understanding is that "unused ones are those".

Still if i had been in their shoes, i would try confirming that from CIC by say asking a friend in Canada to call or via emailing CIC directly perhaps.

Hi fkl thank you for giving us hope.. I already asked my employer and still he is trying to
confirm it to working permit department.

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
mdeleon said:
Hi fkl thank you for giving us hope.. I already asked my employer and still he is trying to
confirm it to working permit department.
Hi I would like to know on what way did you ask this to your employer?I want to ask my employers to if he is willing to hire me but I don't know how to say it?

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iammikeywithy said:
Hi I would like to know on what way did you ask this to your employer?I want to ask my employers to if he is willing to hire me but I don't know how to say it?

HI iammikeywithy do you have visa already? My employer is aware about the moratorium but He is not sure whether the immigration at the poe will issue working permit. So he advise me to wait until he confirm it to the immigration in canada. What is the status of your application right now?