+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary contract = AEO???

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Hi guys,
You are such a fantastic bunch, that I decided to bother you again :)
I am a soon-to-finish int'l student in Canada. I just signed at 9-month contract WITHOUT any guarantees of extension/renewal, but I am applying for a post-grad work permit in August. Here are my "?":
1. May I get points under AEO or a temporary contract does not count as an arranged employment? am I still required to show proof of funds?
2.Can I say for now that I have let's say 5000 CAD but as my contract shows I will have enough in 3 months, and attach the offer of employment with the specified salary?
Thanks for any answer!

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
With AEO, you do not need to show proof of funds. However not sure whether temporary contract qualifies for AEO under PR application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kisunja said:
Hi guys,
You are such a fantastic bunch, that I decided to bother you again :)
I am a soon-to-finish int'l student in Canada. I just signed at 9-month contract WITHOUT any guarantees of extension/renewal, but I am applying for a post-grad work permit in August. Here are my "?":
1. May I get points under AEO or a temporary contract does not count as an arranged employment? am I still required to show proof of funds?
2.Can I say for now that I have let's say 5000 CAD but as my contract shows I will have enough in 3 months, and attach the offer of employment with the specified salary?
Thanks for any answer!
1. An arranged employment option (AEO) is where the employer obtains it from HRSDC and states that the employer will employ you full time, once you are a PR. So unless the employer gets an AEO it doesn't count for arranged employment. So you need proof of funds.
2. No. you need the proof funds when you apply and when you "land"

PMM