+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp Worker wants to leave Canada and do Landing Next Year

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
I'm in Canada on a work permit and have receiveed my Immigrant visa & COPR (FSW Cat 3). I need to exit and re-enter Canada to get my PR. However I want to move to a job in India and do my landing next year (before my visa expires). I want to do this so that my 2 year (out of 5) timeline starts next year instead of now. Does anyone see any issues ?
Really appreciate your inputs !!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adtemporary said:
I'm in Canada on a work permit and have receiveed my Immigrant visa & COPR (FSW Cat 3). I need to exit and re-enter Canada to get my PR. However I want to move to a job in India and do my landing next year (before my visa expires). I want to do this so that my 2 year (out of 5) timeline starts next year instead of now. Does anyone see any issues ?
No issues.

nig

Aug 8, 2010
adtemporary said:
I hope u can help me as none has sofar.did you apply for immigration while you were in canada on work permit or before that.I am planning to apply for immigration and i will be taking up fellowship next year in canada.University has informed me that they will get temporary work permit for me.Will my immig. application affect in anyways.should I apply when i am there or it is ok to apply now.May be by next summer my immg. visa is through since time of processing is less now.I will be going june 2011.what do you suggest.my visa off is delhi.
if you have any knowledge please help.
thanks

adtemporary

Mar 30, 2009
I suggest you come here, get your work permit and then apply under a suitable immigration program (usually the Federal Skilled Worker). I applied after coming here. Make sure ypou ahve all your workex and eductaional, civil (birth, marriage etc) certificates.