+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

neoagain

Oct 19, 2015
Hello all

Greetings!! After waiting for 1 year in EE and not getting through I renewed my application few days ago and here are my stats:

CRS: 366
NOC: 2171 (Over 10 years of work experience)
IELTS: L: 8.5; R: 8.0; W: 7.5; S: 8.0

Realising that I may not stand a chance again this year even with the new system, I have decided to learn French and appear for TEF, please suggest if its a practical and useful option? Will I stand a chance with TEF scores added?

What else can I do to improve my chances? Advice, Suggestion, Comment please.....

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neoagain said:
Hello all

Greetings!! After waiting for 1 year in EE and not getting through I renewed my application few days ago and here are my stats:

Realising that I may not stand a chance again this year even with the new system, I have decided to learn French and appear for TEF, please suggest if its a practical and useful option? Will I stand a chance with TEF scores added?

What else can I do to improve my chances? Advice, Suggestion, Comment please.....
The problem is that the maximum points you can obtain with TEF is 24 (as a second language) and IMO it would not be enough to get an invitation.

Cheers ;)

neoagain

Oct 19, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
The problem is that the maximum points you can obtain with TEF is 24 (as a second language) and IMO it would not be enough to get an invitation.

Cheers ;)
Thanks DelPiero07 for the clarity. But wouldn't adding French to my language skills give me a shot at New Brunswick and Ontario as well?

Reactions: Karimhamdi

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neoagain said:
Hello all

if you get clb7 in french you cant go with ontario pnp that program never closes and processing times will be faster in 2017

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neoagain said:
Thanks DelPiero07 for the clarity. But wouldn't adding French to my language skills give me a shot at New Brunswick and Ontario as well?
Yes, just like betty said if you obtain CLB7 in all 4 sections you could get a nomination for the french stream in Ontario.

Cheers ;)

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neoagain said:
yes for ontario is french clb 7 + english clb 6 and for new brunswick is english clb7 + french clb5

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
yes for ontario is french clb 7 + english clb 6 and for new brunswick is english clb7 + french clb5
But for New Brusnwick it is not as direct as Ontario. Right? Is job offer required?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
But for New Brusnwick it is not as direct as Ontario. Right? Is job offer required?
you must have a conection to the province like past studies, relatives , a job offer or assist to one of their immigration session which i find very stupid considering the fact that they can not provide those session all around the world.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
you must have a conection to the province like past studies, relatives , a job offer or assist to one of their immigration session which i find very stupid considering the fact that they can not provide those session all around the world.
Their immigration session is weird though as they did not even attend Francophone countries, although they are desperately looking for French-speaking applicants.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
For NB yes and no. French be lower or even non existant if you have other ties with this province (eg. you have studied or work there or you have family ties there). But if you claim as your only tie French as language than required CBL level is 8 on all 4 skills. Funny enough this is nowhere written on their website, but I got a page from NB stand from the job fair, that does require this for EE.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I did the e-TEF a few days ago, after learning french from scratch for a year I got

C1 - Comprehension ecrite
C1 - Comprehension orale

I'll have to wait couple weeks for the results of the other 2 sections.

Cheers ;)
Congrats,is it a high score?

klinda

Oct 26, 2016
I am a native french speaker and i found the test a bit challenging. I had to practice quite a lot in order to feel comfortable. I had very high scores, but without good practice I will have been in the middle range. This test will be very challenging for a beginner, but it's doable. You will have to give yourself a lot of time, you are learning a new language. Good luck!

Reactions: Chenna_g

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
vensak said:
For NB yes and no. French be lower or even non existant if you have other ties with this province (eg. you have studied or work there or you have family ties there). But if you claim as your only tie French as language than required CBL level is 8 on all 4 skills. Funny enough this is nowhere written on their website, but I got a page from NB stand from the job fair, that does require this for EE.
I thought CLB 7 was enough to prove a tie and that's it. Well live and learn