Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
I tried to check online using the crs calculator to see how much of a score boost can it do if i study french and take the test but it seems that i will need a decent score to have around 12-24 extra points max and am not sure if its really applicable since the scores are written in a wide range of numbers,like what are the average scores for example equivalent to band 6 in ielts
IELTS 6 corresponds to CLB7.
To get CLB7 in TEF your range for each part has to be following: R: 207-232, W: 310-348, L: 249-279, S: 310-348.

My results added 15 points to my CRS score.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Dedicated said:
IELTS 6 corresponds to CLB7.
To get CLB7 in TEF your range for each part has to be following: R: 207-232, W: 310-348, L: 249-279, S: 310-348.

My results added 15 points to my CRS score.
Is it reasonable to achieve ? And which module matters the most in terms of score?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Is it reasonable to achieve ?
If you mean if it is feasible, then it depends on your language learning abilities. If you start learning French from zero, it will take a lot of efforts to achieve CLB7 within a short time frame.
I got B2 at TCF ages ago after learning French for a year but I studied a lot to get there. And TCF is much easier than TEF in my opinion.

Wolverine17 said:
And which module matters the most in terms of score?
I am not sure if any of the modules matters more that the others. Reading was the most unpleasant for me though (and I got the lowest score for it).

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Dedicated said:
If you mean if it is feasible, then it depends on your language learning abilities. If you start learning French from zero, it will take a lot of efforts to achieve CLB7 within a short time frame.
I got B2 at TCF ages ago after learning French for a year but I studied a lot to get there. And TCF is much easier than TEF in my opinion.
I am not sure if any of the modules matters more that the others. Reading was the most unpleasant for me though (and I got the lowest score for it).
My french lanaguage knowledge is almost zero thats why am asking

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
My french lanaguage knowledge is almost zero thats why am asking
Since your goal is to move to the country where French is one of the official languages, it is always a good idea to start learning it.
It's a beautiful language with very strict yet logical rules and structure. I like it a lot.
Start and see how it goes.

Reactions: Chenna_g

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
P.S. TEF has different maximum points for each module.

Grammar is not needed for immigration purposes.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
What does optional mean here?
If you are applying to universities, two of them are not mandatory. I got admitted without Writing or Speaking.
But for immigration purposes Writing and Speaking become mandatory and Grammar is irrelevant (you won't need it).

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Dedicated said:
If you are applying to universities, two of them are not mandatory. I got admitted without Writing or Speaking.
But for immigration purposes Writing and Speaking become mandatory and Grammar is irrelevant (you won't need it).
so it means in the tef that i have to take writing reading listening and speaking?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
so it means in the tef that i have to take writing reading listening and speaking?
Yes. Just like IELTS.
Of course you'll need to know the grammar of the language really well to score more in Writing.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one here knows if it is still -1 for wrong answers? How hard is the real test compared to the ones in the books?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good thing you asked, i'm taking the TEF in a few weeks and according to this manual: https://www.centredelanguefrancaise.paris/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Manuel-du-candidat-TEF.pdf

Mauvaise réponse - 0 point

Cheers ;)

Reactions: prbhvsr