+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching NOC without Bed

Deepali@097

May 15, 2018
HI,

I have done my masters in IT and have been working as a teacher since lat 4 years.However,I dont have a BED degree.I am eligilble to apply under teaching NOC for elementary and/or secondary school teachers as the employement requirements states that "A bachelor's degree in education is required"??

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
No you are not eligible. Any teaching post especially for younger students requires a B.ED degree.

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
You are not qualified to teach in Canada. As well, provinces are typically strict even if you do have a teaching license or bachelor's degree from another country in granting licenses to otherwise experienced teachers.

Reactions: visatest

Khatrao

Jul 31, 2018
You are not qualified to teach in Canada. As well, provinces are typically strict even if you do have a teaching license or bachelor's degree from another country in granting licenses to otherwise experienced teachers.
My concern is not that i can teach in canada or not. My question and concern is can i apply PR as FSW in Express Entry under Noc 4031 secondary school teacher having 2 yr experience of Computer teacher in high school without having B.Ed degree? It will be accepted or rejected on basis that i am not having B.Ed degree.

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
My concern is not that i can teach in canada or not. My question and concern is can i apply PR as FSW in Express Entry under Noc 4031 secondary school teacher having 2 yr experience of Computer teacher in high school without having B.Ed degree? It will be accepted or rejected on basis that i am not having B.Ed degree.
Well, you can apply, but once the details of your qualifications are revealed you will not qualify for consideration.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi there guys, I am a retired Ontario High School teacher and a lot of the info. you require can be found at the Ontario College of Teachers under the "Becoming a Teacher" tab:
www.oct.ca

Be advised that entry to a Faculty of Education is very, competitive. Also bear in mind 60% of our population has a degree or diploma.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
need only experience as a teacher to qualify for Express Entry, Employment requirements mentioned under NOC are not considered for Express Entry
Actually Parwinder you are pretty well equipped to go into a Canadian teachers college with your experience. You just have to finish that last two years here. It will really help you culturally. A Canadian or US high school is about as different from India as you can get.
A bit of advice; stay away from Toronto and Vancouver. Everything is 20% more at least. The number of excess teachers is massive.

Reactions: scallop

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
I think you guys should answer the question well. I have been a teacher in my country for more than 5 years and I want to immigrate to Canada. I am not interested in becoming a teacher in Canada. I just want to know if I qualify for express entry without a bachelor’s degree in education. I have a bachelor’s degree in English. Thanks

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Are you sure about this? Your NOC does not have to be your occupation in Canada. For example, some used medical doctor NOC to enter Canada through FSW but they are currently working project coordinator in the ministry of health or in a hospital. They are not interested in practising as medical doctor in Canada.

Well, you can apply, but once the details of your qualifications are revealed you will not qualify for consideration.