+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCS Canada Work Permit query

Pri_007

Apr 19, 2020
Hi,

I am currently employed with TCS India and have a valid Canada Open Work Permit. The Work Permit has not been issued by TCS however by my spouse's company which is a different IT firm. Is it possible to get projects in TCS Canada and work with this Work Permit which has not been issued by TCS?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am currently employed with TCS India and have a valid Canada Open Work Permit. The Work Permit has not been issued by TCS however by my spouse's company which is a different IT firm. Is it possible to get projects in TCS Canada and work with this Work Permit which has not been issued by TCS?
Yes - it's an open work permit. This allows you to work for anyone in Canada.

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

I think many IT firms does not take candidate with open work permit. Another option is - Your organization applies for ICT for you.

Matheswaran

Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

My spouse works in TCS and have got closed work permit visa. I've visitor visa.

My plan is this. I'll be applying for spousal open work permit (sowp) from India on first week of June (depends on what modi says) - which should take 2 months to process and then will resign from my company, travel to Canada and search for a job there to work in contract.

How are you planning?