+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking prescribed drugs into Canada

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I hope someone with a similar experience can help me. I received my PPR recently and I am wondering the exact procedure I can use to bring my prescribed psychiatric drugs into Canada and fulfill my prescription there (I will be settling down in Toronto).

According to my research I can bring up to 90 days' supply of each drug provided I have the prescription and they are well labeled and in their original packaging. Once the 90 days are up though, would I be able to use my doctor's original prescription to buy more medicine? Do Canadian pharmacies accept foreign prescriptions or will I have to consult a psychiatrist there?

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I hope someone with a similar experience can help me. I received my PPR recently and I am wondering the exact procedure I can use to bring my prescribed psychiatric drugs into Canada and fulfill my prescription there (I will be settling down in Toronto).

According to my research I can bring up to 90 days' supply of each drug provided I have the prescription and they are well labeled and in their original packaging. Once the 90 days are up though, would I be able to use my doctor's original prescription to buy more medicine? Do Canadian pharmacies accept foreign prescriptions or will I have to consult a psychiatrist there?

Thank you in advance.
Yes - you can bring a 90 day personal supply.

No - you will not be able to use your doctor's original prescription to buy more medication in Canada. Pharmacies in Canada will not accept these prescriptions. You will need to find a new doctor in Canada and have him/her prescribe the medication.

Reactions: moonpie92

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.
No, the foreign prescription will not be accepted. You will need to see a Canadian doctor to get a new prescription.

Reactions: moonpie92