+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking IELTS and have a question? We are here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solange123

Apr 16, 2021
Hello, I am planning on applying for permanent residency and was wondering if the General IELTS is still paper-based?

Fola (IELTS)

Official
Mar 15, 2021
Hello Solange123,

Many thanks for your question.

IELTS is one of the world’s most popular high-stakes English language tests, with over 3.5 million tests taken annually. It is the English test of choice for educational organisations, professional associations, employers and immigration authorities in Canada.

Both computer-delivered and paper-based IELTS are accepted by Canadian immigration authorities. That’s because IELTS on computer is exactly the same test as paper-based IELTS, but instead of writing your answers on paper, you will type them on a computer.

Regards,
IELTS Canada Team

Solange123

Apr 16, 2021
Hello, thank you for clarifying. I understand that the Academic IELTS is not suitable for immigration process, so I am interested in the General Training IELTS. Can I take the General Training IELTS as a computer-based? Or it’s only offered as paper-based?

thank you in advance for clarifying.

Fola (IELTS)

Official
Mar 15, 2021
Hello Solange123,

Yes, you can take the IELTS General Training (paper based or computer delivered) for your application.

Regards,
IELTS Canada Team

pSachi

Apr 16, 2021
Hello,
I wanted to ask if IEALTS Managment could offer more ielts and celpip dates in the Atlantic region.Having covid measures in place its hard for travelling in other provinces to give a general test in orfer to apply for pr opening on may 6

Reactions: gusttavolih

maliksajwani

Apr 16, 2021
Hi there,
I am trying to register for IELTS general. I keep registering but the website says that the speaking date is not available. Does that mean that all speaking test slots are gone? Or is it just a technical error and we just have to wait? When can we expect to get web services so we can complete the registration process?
Thank you

Maggie Lee

Jun 12, 2019
Hello,
I wanted to ask if IEALTS Managment could offer more ielts and celpip dates in the Atlantic region.Having covid measures in place its hard for travelling in other provinces to give a general test in orfer to apply for pr opening on may 6
I strongly agree with you :(
Are you lucky enough to book the test ?

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi,

For the new pathway for pr started on 6 May (announced on Apr 12), I need to have IELTS general. But the test websites are down.During the past 30 h, I am checking these websites almost every 15 min but they were always down and just I can check the test dates but not able to go to the registration page. It seemed to me no one can go through them as the available spots were not decreased until a few hour ago that suddenly many good spots were disappeared. For me, the sites were down always. I don’t know how they could get there. Do you have any idea how can I register? Do the centers register in person? I even asked a friend to check the websites frequently from another country just in case they get open there but no succeed...
I appreciate your help and advise.

Last edited:

jaspriet

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Today I went to write IELTS Academic exam at British council venue (Hoshiarpur, Punjab). But the test supervisor didn't allow me to sit the test. She told me that my passports is damaged.
In actual, the external cover of my passport was faded a little. But all the internal pages, containing the information were in perfect condition.
I am very stressed about, I found it very unfair.
I have already travelled with same passport across the borders without any problem.

Can someone guide me how can I get the refund from the British Council? Or how could I get my exam rescheduled?
My speaking test is scheduled on 20th April. What should I do about it?

Apr 17, 2021
How did any of you booked any test before August. I spam the last 36 hours with minimum sleep on Britshcouncil, preicison,.ielts.org and every single website I could possibly found. The CELPIP never showed up. And 403 ERROR is occupying my screen for the majority of time. Even though you get lucky and get to choose test date on Britshcouncil, it tells you no speaking slot and it just kept freezing there. How come there is no speaking slot when the test slot is matched one on one to the speaking slot. I am also desperately in need of a IELTS G test for the new immigration path. SO I really hope IELTS could let us know; Is there more IELTS test slot opening for the next 2 months? How soon would the website and booking system come back again. Because there were people out there selling BOOKED IELTS slot for early MAY for thousands bucks! I didn't know how people do it by changing register profile but occupying slots and sell it at this moment is definitely inappropriate!

Reactions: pSachi and Mae.Will
Apr 17, 2021
Hey patnaikmanoj, I dont actually have any options for your suggestion sir. I tried literally everything, it is either 403, not allowed, black screen with website cannot be found, or cannot find speaking slots. The only website that is currently working might just be britshcouncil but the option is limited and not even valid. So there is basically nothing we can do until IELTS could show us some response. Until then I dont believe we have any hope to get a slot. I also dont understand how some people was able to squeeze in a slot that is basically grey and not available online. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know, I am so curious.

patnaikmanoj

Apr 10, 2021
That's weird. I am seeing fb posts where people are saying they are even charging 1500 for a slow. Not sure how they are doing it. Moreover in IDP website the options that was showing in the morning is not showing now. If we are not able to book, how come those options are going away. Probaly IELTS Canada in this thread should check and let us know.

Reactions: crazysim0112

crazysim0112

Jun 15, 2019
That's weird. I am seeing fb posts where people are saying they are even charging 1500 for a slow. Not sure how they are doing it. Moreover in IDP website the options that was showing in the morning is not showing now. If we are not able to book, how come those options are going away. Probaly IELTS Canada in this thread should check and let us know.
I have the same questions as yours.

Nirdiya

Apr 15, 2021
We are here to support you and answer any questions you may have in relation to IELTS, whether it’s about preparing for your test, booking your test, or finding out which Canadian organisations accept IELTS. Please ask us a question here, and we’ll get back to you.

Hello team,
I want to appear for IELTS General exam in the first week of May 2021 from Canada.

While booking an exam from your website, it does not display May month in the list.
Also, it does not allow me to select any dates for June month.

Kindly assist, as I want to appear IELTS general exam before the end of May 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.