+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking IELTS and have a question? We are here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
My question can anyone reply it??
What band we need to go to Canada or can anyone who had 5.5 in two subject band can he go or is it necessary to have 5.5 band in one only??
Hi
First and foremost you have to determine how you would tend to apply and what is your immigration's approach toward Canada, to put it another way , I mean you want to obtain student visa or express entry
It depends on your objective.
As far as I've known, with 5.5 you are not able to act out in any Canada's immigration path .
For student visa firstly check respectively university guide, ether they need 6 or 6.5 or even 7 , you shouldn't be under 6 in any skills, for express entry, it has been known in CLB format, at least you need CLB 9 and for PNP also same .If you have second language like TEF/TCF [Canada] you are likely to get more score if you add your second language in-there.

Last edited:

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hello
For a candidate who wants to take a General IELTS exam, Are there any differences between practicing Academic Reading passages and General Reading passage?
Which one should be focused more to gain high score ? and then, Because from Cambridge 1 to 10 , practice books were not divided between general and academic, is it worth to practice also Cambridge 1 to 10 for Reading Section?
And last query please , what is/are the best reference(s) for General Reading section ?

Regards

Sameer Kainth

Jun 2, 2021
Hi
First and foremost you have to determine how you would tend to apply and what is your immigration's approach toward Canada, to put it another way , I mean you want to obtain student visa or express entry
It depends on your objective.
As far as I've known, with 5.5 you are not able to act out in any Canada's immigration path .
For student visa firstly check respectively university guide, ether they need 6 or 6.5 or even 7 , you shouldn't be under 6 in any skills, for express entry, it has been known in CLB format, at least you need CLB 9 and for PNP also same .If you have second language like TEF/TCF [Canada] you are likely to get more score if you add your second language in-there.
But I am academic students and my purpose is to go for higher studies still I am not available??

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
But I am academic students and my purpose is to go for higher studies still I am not available??
Hi
So you need to take an Academic IELTS
First check your university to verify which score they want for giving an admission , most probably 6.5 and none of them should not less than 6 .
My suggestion to you is try for band 7 , you can easily get listening 7.5 and also speaking 7 , within 3-4 months and these much of resources which are existing you can reach band 7 with an expert mentor .
with planning of writing for 6 and rest of them for 6.5 or higher you can get most of the university's admissions.
and for student visa check designated university for PGWPP .

Good Luck

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hello
For a candidate who wants to take a General IELTS exam, Are there any differences between practicing Academic Reading passages and General Reading passage?
Which one should be focused more to gain high score ? and then, Because from Cambridge 1 to 10 , practice books were not divided between general and academic, is it worth to practice also Cambridge 1 to 10 for Reading Section?
And last query please , what is/are the best reference(s) for General Reading section ?

Regards
Hi,

For your first question, if you mean about practicing method, mine is practice as much as you can. I did all the test materials I can find (Toronto library), which was about 4-5 Cambridge books, means 16-20 practices.
Cambridge has 2 different IELTS materials, when you prepare for General Training test, make sure to practice on the General Training books. That's the best references for General Reading section out there. I only practiced on their books, nothing else.
- Most tricky Reading question is still Y/N/NG. Make sure to master it as if you missed 1 question on Reading General, your band score will drop from 9.0 to 8.5.

That's my 2 cents.

Reactions: santi_marlon

geneglory

May 30, 2021
Hi guys

For additional points, I could ask my spouse to get an IELTS too right? What's the minimum IELTS score for spouse for applying to EE to get decent points?

Jun 9, 2021
I am looking for an IELTS exam near Seattle. waiting for the last 6 months. Can you please suggest any computer-based test center near Seattle, please?

Concilia

Jun 9, 2021
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I'm new here. I'd like to ask, does someone seeking to immigrate to Canada via the caregiver pathway need IELTS test?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

For your first question, if you mean about practicing method, mine is practice as much as you can. I did all the test materials I can find (Toronto library), which was about 4-5 Cambridge books, means 16-20 practices.
Cambridge has 2 different IELTS materials, when you prepare for General Training test, make sure to practice on the General Training books. That's the best references for General Reading section out there. I only practiced on their books, nothing else.
- Most tricky Reading question is still Y/N/NG. Make sure to master it as if you missed 1 question on Reading General, your band score will drop from 9.0 to 8.5.

That's my 2 cents.
Well, thanks , Actually I get your main point
Yet I'd like to know one more thing please
Here

when you prepare for General Training test, make sure to practice on the General Training books. That's the best references for General Reading section out there. I only practiced on their books, nothing else.
You mean , What will be happened If General exam candidate practice Academic Reading ?
any de-motivation ? frustration ? or what you would be expected ?

Moreover, I think that while practicing an Academic, then you could be act better ?
what's you idea on this theory ?

thanks

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Well, thanks , Actually I get your main point
Yet I'd like to know one more thing please
Here

You mean , What will be happened If General exam candidate practice Academic Reading ?
any de-motivation ? frustration ? or what you would be expected ?

Moreover, I think that while practicing an Academic, then you could be act better ?
what's you idea on this theory ?

thanks
Yes, I'd find it frustrating for sure. Academic reading is much longer and more complicated. You'll find the vast difference in topics when compare the 2 types of tests. I'd rather to get used to the test I'm going to take, than practicing on the different ones.

• Love

Vbede

Jun 10, 2021
Pls can I use my academic IELTS of 7 to apply for the express entry pool or it must be General IELTS? And please is there any other alternative?
Thank you.

• Sad

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Pls can I use my academic IELTS of 7 to apply for the express entry pool or it must be General IELTS? And please is there any other alternative?
Thank you.
No you can't use Academic for EE purpose just General or another type of English Exam
If you could gain 7 in Academic, definitely you can achieve CLB 9 or 10 in General

Status
Not open for further replies.