+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking a taxi from the Pearson airport with 2 little kids. Advise needed.

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
We will be landing in 10 days in Toronto, Pearson airport. We have 2 little kids (2 and 4 year old) and I assume both require car seats when riding a car/taxi. Anyone here landed with small children, how did you get to the city? Are there taxi/uber available at the airport with car seats? I was considering Pearson - Union express train, but we have a lot of luggage and 2 strollers. Please advise what is the best option for us to go to Downtown Toronto?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
We will be landing in 10 days in Toronto, Pearson airport. We have 2 little kids (2 and 4 year old) and I assume both require car seats when riding a car/taxi. Anyone here landed with small children, how did you get to the city? Are there taxi/uber available at the airport with car seats? I was considering Pearson - Union express train, but we have a lot of luggage and 2 strollers. Please advise what is the best option for us to go to Downtown Toronto?
UP express will be perfect for you, it is meant to cater to airport passengers with lot of luggage.
You are better off bringing your own car seats otherwise. Taxis are exempt from the rule of car seats and you could use them. Some of them do come with child seats for extra price. Uber/Lyft can depend upon driver who can refuse since they are not exempt from the rule. Rarely if any will be carrying a child seat.

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
I agree that UP Express is the best way to get downtown.
It has special areas for you to leave your luggage inside the train car.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Avoid taking the thing during the "rush" hours in the morning, or late afternoon I have taken it numerous time, recently as day before yesterday and it is packed with commuters getting on at Bloor, Weston Road, packed in the sense it was standing room only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would get a taxi from the airport. After travelling with 2 kids and stuff UP would be a nightmare. With all that stuff you will likely need a van.

Reactions: PabloSektman

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Pearson Airport Limo Taxi Service offers a variety of transportation options, including taxis and limousines, equipped with baby seats for the safety and comfort of young children. These seats are designed for infants and toddlers and are typically rear-facing to provide the necessary support for their fragile necks and heads. They are also equipped with safety straps and harnesses to secure the child in place. The baby seats can be requested at the time of booking and will be provided by the driver at no additional cost www.torontotaxilimo.ca or you can try
https://pearsonairportlimotaxiservice.ca/toronto-person-international-airport/
Take Uber or the UP train before the above

PabloSektman

Jan 8, 2023
Uber or taxi. The problem with the UP is that you'll end up at Union Station with 2 kids, strollers, cases etc and STILL have to get to where you want to go, unless you live in the station. Taxi downtown will cost you 50 dollars, give or take a few bucks.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
The Pearson Toronto Airport Limousine and Taxi Services, reachable at (647) 689-6088 or through their website www.torontotaxilimo.ca, is an excellent choice for families traveling with children. They offer car seats suitable for all ages, from toddlers to infants and booster seats, at Pearson Toronto Airport. This level of convenience and consideration for child safety is something I truly appreciate.

With their commitment to providing car seats for kids of all ages, you can count on them anytime you need a reliable and family-friendly transportation option. It's reassuring to know that when traveling with little ones, Pearson Toronto Airport Limousine and Taxi Services have got you covered
Spam