+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tagged as complex case after passport request. How can this be?

Cypher909

Mar 28, 2021
Hi all. I have sponsored my common-law spouse and her daughter for PR in Canada. Ours was an inland application as my spouse is in Canada; however, her daughter is still in the Philippines. About a month ago we ordered GCMS notes. On March 17th, we got "DECISION MADE" and her COPR number became available in the tracker. A week later, we received a letter requesting her daughter's passport, which my mother in law sent along with the necessary documentation to the VFS office in Manila. It was received on 04/05/22. We received our GCMS notes today. There is an extremely concerning note though:

**DOCS RCVD BY MMT THRU VAC ON 05APR2022** - ORIG PPT X 1 (DETAILS CHECKED) - COPR PHOTOS X 2- APPENDIX B. COPR AND CFOIL: NOT STARTED PA NOT LANDED YET. TAGGED AS COMPLEX CASE. TO BE REFD TO MO FOR ISSUANCE ONCE PA'S LANDING CONFIRMED.

What could possibly have happened for us to suddenly be tagged as complex? Just because she hasn't landed yet? But we haven't received the portal invite yet. I don't get it. I'm panicking now. I thought everything was going to be ok for us and now this is happening.

According to the GCMS notes, sponsor eligibility was passed and something like "PR PORTAL PRE-EMAIL" appears to have been sent on March 17, 2022 but we only received the prearrival letter that day... nothing regarding the portal.

Anyway... does it seem like we have a lot to worry about?