+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian Refugees VS. RQ Processing times

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
itsmyid said:
In that case I would simply not come, easy as that. I came with a work permit which by the way took 3 months to get approval, and the reason I got the job was this multinational company that couldn't find any qualified local candidates for nearly 6 months, so they had to recruit from outside the country. IF anybody has a problem with me being here as a foreigner, I would be more than happy to calmly show them my T4 and ask if they have paid as much taxes as I have.

And one more thing I just have to point out here for people like you who keep twisting the opinion of the OP: no, nobody is against refugees here, what people are complaining is the unfair treatment given by the government to tax-paying, hard-working residents - i thought people who passed the English exam for PR or citizenship should have no problem understanding that, maybe I was wrong
My point is that your coming to Canada is considered unfair by others Canadians who would have preferred that the multinational that brought you here perhaps provide training to local candidates instead of bringing you here. The resources used to process your working permit could have been used to process various applications from Canadians.
To conclude, enjoy what CANADA is giving to you, don't get bothered when canada is helping others. Because the compassionate heart of canada that let you in despite some Canadians not wanting in, is the same heart that is now bringing refugees in.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
arambi said:
My point is that your coming to Canada is considered unfair by others Canadians who would have preferred that the multinational that brought you here perhaps provide training to local candidates instead of bringing you here. The resources used to process your working permit could have been used to process various applications from Canadians.
To conclude, enjoy what CANADA is giving to you, don't get bothered when canada is helping others. Because the compassionate heart of canada that let you in despite some Canadians not wanting in, is the same heart that is now bringing refugees in.
Let's get at least one thing straight here: it's not the compassionate heart of canada that brought me here, I wasn't desperate to have to come to Canada, and I was doing just fine in the US, thank you for whatever "compassionate heart" you were referring to that had no role in bringing me here. What I do for work requires years of trainings and self-descipline to pass numerous exams to get the credentials, each exam would fail at least half of the candidates, many of those just gave up after a few attempts, so no, there is no dollar amount that can be put into training someone to do my job, if any local unemployed person wants to do my job, just be my guest, let's see how many hours he/she can survive. Yes I enjoy canada but I also pay more taxes than most people here and I gave up more for coming here, so I don't feel guilty of anything.

And work permit is processed by immigration, which has nothing to do with local canadian job candidates - sounds like you have no clue about what you were talking about

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
I would use the term compassion here.

People like me in the line waiting for our turn to be served would definitely agree to allow some resources to be diverted to process those more in need. Similar to when we are waiting to board the plane and they allow families with young children to board first.
It may make my boarding a bit slower but doesn't mean I won't get to board the flight. But on the other side of the coin, my right to board the flight should not be questioned.

Each person here has his own history and reasons of how and why he/she happens to be in Canada and that is not what should be questioned here. We have all arrived for a better life and come under existing laws and regulations. We hope to become good Canadians and give back into the community which has accepted us.

Hope this thread can move towards a more positive tone. Let's give the refugees some Christmas cheer and goodwill.

aug2014

Jul 4, 2015
arambi said:
Agree with you Arambi & Almost Canadian,

itsmyid is just mad because he/she will have to wait 4 out of 6 years before he/she could apply for Canadian passport and after go back to US for more dollars. itsmyid so many other people did it already with Canada no problem Canada has a big heart.

what you referring "local unemployed" people are Canadian and you are impatient to become one.

what you referring "Tax-Paying" is Tax deducted at source without your control over it if you would have choice you wont pay.. do not just brag too much about it Canada was just fine before Dec 2012.

Canada was and always will be home to Refugees, economic refugees and war refugees, before and after First and second world war, thousands and thousands Refugees came and everyone contributed.

Do not take personal....wait in line

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
aug2014 said:
Agree with you Arambi & Almost Canadian,

itsmyid is just mad because he/she will have to wait 4 out of 6 years before he/she could apply for Canadian passport and after go back to US for more dollars. itsmyid so many other people did it already with Canada no problem Canada has a big heart.

what you referring "local unemployed" people are Canadian and you are impatient to become one.

what you referring "Tax-Paying" is Tax deducted at source without your control over it if you would have choice you wont pay.. do not just brag too much about it Canada was just fine before Dec 2012.

Canada was and always will be home to Refugees, economic refugees and war refugees, before and after First and second world war, thousands and thousands Refugees came and everyone contributed.

Do not take personal....wait in line
Some of you people are just unbelievable and won't stop assuming things out of nowhere, it's just laughable!
No I don't need canadian passport to go back to the U.S., and no I am not impatient to become a canadian citizen since I have my PR which is good for now. Whether to become one is a decision I haven't made

And with regard to how much tax I pay , of course I have some control over it, by using RRSP, TFSA, or just take an easier lower paying job and have more time for fun, or just stop working and live off EI

aug2014

Jul 4, 2015
itsmyid said:
Some of you people are just unbelievable and won't stop assuming things out of nowhere, it's just laughable!
No I don't need canadian passport to go back to the U.S., and no I am not impatient to become a canadian citizen since I have my PR which is good for now. Whether to become one is a decision I haven't made

And with regard to how much tax I pay , of course I have some control over it, by using RRSP, TFSA, or just take an easier lower paying job and have more time for fun, or just stop working and live off EI
lower paying job & live off EI ----> defeats the purpose being Economic Migrant
RRSP & TFSA ----> will have to "wait" until 65 before use it Tax free ... Keyword is "WAIT"

Canadian passport ensures easier access to US working Visa

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
aug2014 said:
lower paying job & live off EI ----> defeats the purpose being Economic Migrant
RRSP & TFSA ----> will have to "wait" until 65 before use it Tax free ... Keyword is "WAIT"

Canadian passport ensures easier access to US working Visa
So did you forget I was living / working in the US (and making more ) without Canadian passport? And before your imagination runs wild again, no, work visa wasn't and is still not an issue for me

nope

Oct 3, 2015
So basically what you're saying is that you have unlimited options, can work wherever you want, make lots of money, and are furious that the Canadian government is helping people who have none of this and whose lives are in danger too.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
nope said:
So basically what you're saying is that you have unlimited options, can work wherever you want, make lots of money, and are furious that the Canadian government is helping people who have none of this and whose lives are in danger too.
Well put Nope !!!

It is still hard for me to understand that part of human nature that wants all for himself/herself and very little or nothing for others.
I cannot believe that there is someone, let alone several members, on this forum of immigrants, who will dare to question the courageous and compassionate decisions and actions of the Canadian Government to bring in people in complete despair, in the middle of year end festivities, a time to show gratitude by helping others... unbilievable !!!