+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian refugees application for settlement in Canada

MADAYA

Nov 10, 2015
Please help
I have applied to sponsor a syrian refugees who live in Lebanon.
The Sponsorship was approved in Canada and the refugees were called for an interview two weeks ago and the officer said that everything is going to work very well and they were transferred for medical exams. They are a family of 6 people, parents and 4 kids.
The youngest kid who is 4 years old has a Birth defect and lots of operations were done when she was a little babe. She had operations in her legs and hands since she was sitting in wrong way at her mom's uterus.
Would that effect the application at all?
Does anyone had this experience before or have any idea of what could happen?
Please help if you can.
Thanks for reading

inCanadaKNOW

Dec 22, 2015
CIC is very detailed on this information, but this page will tell you all need regarding medical inadmissibility: type on the CIC Search box "Medical refusals and inadmissibility"^[I couldn't post the website :eek:]
Above all, here You will notice that medical inadmissibility can be challenged.

From my experience, the resettlement and need of protection part overrules the medical condition, especially since it is a birth defect that was already treated in Syria and it's not ongoing. (Thus it would not be a threat to CADN society or excess demand on health services; the only two reasons for inadmissibility).
I have seen handicapped people with permanent defects that have been resettled to Canada.
I truly do not anticipate that this will be a problem for the application.

I would love to know what happens ...

MADAYA

Nov 10, 2015
inCanadaKNOW said:
CIC is very detailed on this information, but this page will tell you all need regarding medical inadmissibility: type on the CIC Search box "Medical refusals and inadmissibility"^[I couldn't post the website :eek:]
Above all, here You will notice that medical inadmissibility can be challenged.

From my experience, the resettlement and need of protection part overrules the medical condition, especially since it is a birth defect that was already treated in Syria and it's not ongoing. (Thus it would not be a threat to CADN society or excess demand on health services; the only two reasons for inadmissibility).
I have seen handicapped people with permanent defects that have been resettled to Canada.
I truly do not anticipate that this will be a problem for the application.

I would love to know what happens ...

Thank you very much for replying.
I will keep you updated once I receive a decision on the application

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Hi Mayada, i was just speaking with a young girl in Jordan with birth defect , Canada has granted her a refugee status and she is on her way to Canada.
I don't believe it is an issue .

Good luck.

MADAYA

Nov 10, 2015
syrian-g said:
Hi Mayada, i was just speaking with a young girl in Jordan with birth defect , Canada has granted her a refugee status and she is on her way to Canada.
I don't believe it is an issue .

Good luck.
Thank you for the information you provide me with.
I really appreciate your help