+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney Australia - Further info of cohabitation required

hampton11

Mar 1, 2021
Hi All,

My girlfriend and I applied for the outland conjugal/common law partner visa with our application being in October 2020.

We finally got a decision back today after a year waiting from the Sydney, Australia visa office stating that our application doesn't meet the criteria as it doesn't show we have co habited for 12 months, when in fact evidence submitted displayed a lot more than that.

The letter informs us we have 30 days to respond to submit evidence, with the letter saying to respond using the below contact details which is then completely blank on the letter.

Fuming doesn't even cover it, how incompetent are these people and this whole process, stinks of a Trudeau government, anyone know who we can contact to obtain the contact details to reply to in order to resubmit 24 months of cohabitation evidence ?

Thanks,

Stephen

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How are you conjugal? You have no barriers if you are together now. Did you apply as conjugal and not common law. Can’t comment because don’t know what you submitted as proof.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

My girlfriend and I applied for the outland conjugal/common law partner visa with our application being in October 2020.

We finally got a decision back today after a year waiting from the Sydney, Australia visa office stating that our application doesn't meet the criteria as it doesn't show we have co habited for 12 months, when in fact evidence submitted displayed a lot more than that.

The letter informs us we have 30 days to respond to submit evidence, with the letter saying to respond using the below contact details which is then completely blank on the letter.

Fuming doesn't even cover it, how incompetent are these people and this whole process, stinks of a Trudeau government, anyone know who we can contact to obtain the contact details to reply to in order to resubmit 24 months of cohabitation evidence ?

Thanks,

Stephen
What evidence did you provide. Was the evidence dated from the initial date of cohabitation and throughout the 1 year continuous period? Conjugal sponsorship is only for couples that have immigration barriers preventing them from becoming common law or getting married

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you apply for common law or conjugal? They have different requirement and need different proof.