+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SWOP restoration and reapplied

ramyareddyt

Feb 2, 2024
Hello, my husband and I applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) together after he completed his studies in May 2023. In October 2023, my husband received his PGWP with a validity of 3 years, but unfortunately, my SOWP was rejected. The reason stated by IRCC was that my husband did not have a job to support my SOWP.

In November 2023, we applied for restoration and extension, providing additional documents such as my husband's full-time and permanent job offer letter, payslips, and all necessary supporting documents from my end. However, due to my mother-in-law's deteriorating health condition, my husband had to urgently travel to India. I am currently stuck in Canada due to my visa issues.

Considering the urgency of the situation and the need to support my family, I am exploring options to expedite the visa processing. I am wondering if submitting a webform to request an expedited process is a viable option. Additionally, I am seeking advice from anyone who may have faced similar circumstances. Your suggestions and guidance would be highly appreciated, as my family is in need of my support.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, my husband and I applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) together after he completed his studies in May 2023. In October 2023, my husband received his PGWP with a validity of 3 years, but unfortunately, my SOWP was rejected. The reason stated by IRCC was that my husband did not have a job to support my SOWP.

In November 2023, we applied for restoration and extension, providing additional documents such as my husband's full-time and permanent job offer letter, payslips, and all necessary supporting documents from my end. However, due to my mother-in-law's deteriorating health condition, my husband had to urgently travel to India. I am currently stuck in Canada due to my visa issues.

Considering the urgency of the situation and the need to support my family, I am exploring options to expedite the visa processing. I am wondering if submitting a webform to request an expedited process is a viable option. Additionally, I am seeking advice from anyone who may have faced similar circumstances. Your suggestions and guidance would be highly appreciated, as my family is in need of my support.
Sorry for your situation. There is no expedited processing. If you applied in November, you are within the processing times (about 103 days) for a work permit. You can raise a webform but it may or may not be considered. Assume you are not working since SOWP was refused and had to reapply for restoration. Do you also need to apply for a TRV?

The issue for SOWP reapplication is that your husband is no longer in the country and working on his PGWP. If IRCC finds out then your SOWP may be refused again.

ramyareddyt

Feb 2, 2024
Thank you for your response @Naturgrl , I haven't applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) yet. Upon researching the reapplication process for my visa, I found information indicating that I can only apply for a TRV once I receive approval. Without this permit, I am unable to apply for a TRV, as it requires having a valid status. Regarding my husband's situation, he had to urgently travel to India and took a leave from his workplace. Hopefully, he will return to Canada soon.

When I applied for my visa, the processing time was 137 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response @Naturgrl , I haven't applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) yet. Upon researching the reapplication process for my visa, I found information indicating that I can only apply for a TRV once I receive approval. Without this permit, I am unable to apply for a TRV, as it requires having a valid status. Regarding my husband's situation, he had to urgently travel to India and took a leave from his workplace. Hopefully, he will return to Canada soon.

You need approved SOWP to apply for TRV. There is not much you can do but wait. You can raise a webform once past processing times.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are required to inform IRCC of any changes to your application. Given that you are seeking approval for SOWP the current status of your husband’s employment is a very important part of the application qnd you would not want to misrepresent your husband’s employment status which could lead to problems with IRCC now and in the future.

ramyareddyt

Feb 2, 2024
I'd like to share an update on my situation. On December 11, 2023, my husband submitted a web form application, including updated medical reports and an explanation letter for my mother in law's health. Although I was unaware of the initial web form submission, we received confirmation from CIC on December 29, 2023.

This morning, I received an email notifying me that IRCC has begun reviewing my application, and I also received an updated biometrics correspondence letter. To my surprise, when I checked my account randomly at 8 pm, I discovered that my visa has been approved. I am overjoyed and feel blessed, believing that my prayers have been heard.

From my experience, it seems that IRCC takes into consideration emergency situations, expediting the processing of applications. I wanted to share this positive news here, hoping it may provide encouragement to others going through a similar process.

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
I'd like to share an update on my situation. On December 11, 2023, my husband submitted a web form application, including updated medical reports and an explanation letter for my mother in law's health. Although I was unaware of the initial web form submission, we received confirmation from CIC on December 29, 2023.

This morning, I received an email notifying me that IRCC has begun reviewing my application, and I also received an updated biometrics correspondence letter. To my surprise, when I checked my account randomly at 8 pm, I discovered that my visa has been approved. I am overjoyed and feel blessed, believing that my prayers have been heard.

From my experience, it seems that IRCC takes into consideration emergency situations, expediting the processing of applications. I wanted to share this positive news here, hoping it may provide encouragement to others going through a similar process.
Congratulations! would mind plz sharing the submission date of your application? early November or at the end?

ramyareddyt

Feb 2, 2024
Here is my application time line:
Submitted on November 08 2023
confirmation mail : November 09 2023
Webform raised on December 11 2023
Webform confirmation email Received from CIC : December 29 2023
Correspondent biometrics confirmation and Reviewing and approved : 02 Feb 2024.

Reactions: NewN