+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Swedish Police Certificate request without personal number

gingerlily91

Jan 29, 2019
Hello folks,

CPC is requesting Swedish police certificate.

I stayed in Sweden from 2015 till 2016 around 1 year with a 1 year working holiday permit.

But I was not given Personal Identity Number which is given to people who stay in Sweden for 12 months or more.

This personal number is pretty basic and with this you can be part of Swedish polulation registration(Taxation, walfare and etc is done with this number) but not always given to foreigners with resident permit as I stated above.

For this reason, my police certificate will be stamped 'Identity uncertain, Swedish Id number missing' instead of saying 'Clear of any criminal record).

This makes me concerned so much since I don't know how it would sound to Canadian authorities.

Is there anyone has had a same issue with me or can advise me with what to do in order to prevent any possible rejection of my case?

PS: I will submit 3 police certificates from different countries in total and 2 of them will clearly say I am clear of criminal records

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
I had the same issue with Cyprus, PA lived there 6 months (Cyprus police wrote a letter that they cannot issue anything because the person was not registered).

I included this letter in the application with other PCC. I think there is nothing else that we can do.

Application was sent, waiting for AOR...

Reactions: gingerlily91

gingerlily91

Jan 29, 2019
I had the same issue with Cyprus, PA lived there 6 months (Cyprus police wrote a letter that they cannot issue anything because the person was not registered).

I included this letter in the application with other PCC. I think there is nothing else that we can do.

Application was sent, waiting for AOR...

Hi,

The Polisen will do something similar by providing the certificate which doesnt say Im clear but is stamped and saying that I was not registered.

So was your PA not given a police certificate but a letter you say?

Last edited:

nadeem84

Mar 24, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Last edited:

Nik T

Nov 18, 2020
Hi Everyone!
i am in a similar situation. Could you please let me know if your application was accepted with such a vague PCC from Sweden ?
thanks in advance!

gingerlily91

Jan 29, 2019
Hi Everyone!
i am in a similar situation. Could you please let me know if your application was accepted with such a vague PCC from Sweden ?
thanks in advance!
Hello,

Yes there was no issue and I was given COPR recently.

I attached 'Registration in the Swedish criminal records history' I received along with 'REGISTERUTDRAG' and the case w/o registration number is explained on it's last paragraph.

I wasn't sure if they would accept it but they never questioned anything regarding my personal number.

Reactions: ict_to_new_wp?

Nik T

Nov 18, 2020
Hey!
Thanks a lot for your response. Its a big relief. I will also attach the second page of explanation provided by them. Good luck to you!

Sep 7, 2020
Hello folks,

I stayed in Sweden from 2015 till 2016 around 1 year with a 1 year working holiday permit.

But I was not given Personal Identity Number which is given to people who stay in Sweden for 12 months or more.

This personal number is pretty basic and with this you can be part of Swedish polulation registration(Taxation, walfare and etc is done with this number) but not always given to foreigners with resident permit as I stated above.

For this reason, my police certificate will be stamped 'Identity uncertain, Swedish Id number missing' instead of saying 'Clear of any criminal record).

This makes me concerned so much since I don't know how it would sound to Canadian authorities.

Is there anyone has had a same issue with me or can advise me with what to do in order to prevent any possible rejection of my case?

PS: I will submit 3 police certificates from different countries in total and 2 of them will clearly say I am clear of criminal records
Hi, I have also applied for Swedish police extract for Canada pr. I am currently in India. Can you please let me know in how many days your police extract was delivered to you after being dispatched by polisen? I had opted for first class mail. It's been 11 working days but still not received it.

Sep 7, 2020
Hi Everyone!
thanks in advance!
Hi, I have also applied for Swedish police extract for Canada pr. I am currently in India. Can you please let me know in how many days your police extract was delivered to you after being dispatched by polisen? I had opted for first class mail. It's been 11 working days but still not received it.

Sep 7, 2020
I just got mine and have the same issue -- mine says 'identity uncertain'. Will this be accepted?

Reactions: ict_to_new_wp?
Jul 18, 2020
Hello folks,

Hi guys, am curious if you had to translate the swedish extract ? I have cross though but first page says alphabet difference in citizenship

Jul 18, 2020
Do we need to translate as well for basic words like indien etc?