+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

aamer43

May 6, 2009
luvcanada said:
Finally got oath invitation from surrey after three months of test. waiting time is going to be over now. It took two years to complete the whole process, beginning to end of the application.
Congratulations!!!

This means that Surrey Office has a standard processing time of 2 years.

luvcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Documents Needed for Oath Ceremony FYI :

1. Oath Notice
2. 2 Pieces of personal identifications
3. COPR IMM 5292 or Record of landing IMM 1000
4. PR Card
5. Holy book of your choice Optional
6. All passport and travel documents current and expired

aamer43

May 6, 2009
luvcanada said:
Documents Needed for Oath Ceremony FYI :

1. Oath Notice
2. 2 Pieces of personal identifications
3. COPR IMM 5292 or Record of landing IMM 1000
4. PR Card
5. Holy book of your choice Optional
6. All passport and travel documents current and expired
@luvcanada

During your Oath ceremony, can you ask someone else regarding their timeline ONLY IF you get a chance.

Just curious to know if 2 year processing time is a standard of SURREY office.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Finally, I just received a test invitation in the mail last night.
I am scheduled to take test at surrey on 28 oct 2014.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
jckdry said:
Contrats jckdry.
Thank God, we see some progress at last. If I'm not wrong your file was in process since Aug 2013. Mine is since Oct 2013 and I hope we will receive the test letter in a couple of months from now.
Way to go.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
yes kulbik. It is updated online aswell.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 14, 2013.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 14, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on August 30, 2013.
We sent you a notice on October 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 28, 2014 at xx:xxx AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
anyone received oath notice after test on Aug 22... they said 4 - 6 weeks..but its been longer than that now.!!
So frustrating as its been more than 28 months since I applied for citizenship :(

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
jckdry said:
Congrats for having the test notice.

Hopefully, more test notices will be received by other applicants on a waiting mode. My daughter applied on March 2014 and started processing on May 2014, so maybe she has to wait for another 6 mos or so based on your timeline.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Here is my story...
I gave my test on Aug 22 '14. and because I had travelled extensively, the lady (interviewer) wanted to get my records from CBSA to see that when I applied I met the 1095 days requirement. I was told by her that in 4-6 weeks I will get my oath...but no news. So I called them today...CIC call center first of all argued for a few minutes that how I could have possibly misunderstood 4 - 6 months as 4 - 6 weeks....anyhow, moving on, she said, I have a good news for you...I thought MAYBE MY OATH date is scheduled. On the contrary, I was told..Well, they have received my CBSA report as of 11th Oct 2014 and that they are reviewing it now and that if I don't hear back in 6 months (or end of February, I should contact them)....Not sure what to make of this situation. Its been 28 months now!

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
Here is my story...
I gave my test on Aug 22 '14. and because I had travelled extensively, the lady (interviewer) wanted to get my records from CBSA to see that when I applied I met the 1095 days requirement. I was told by her that in 4-6 weeks I will get my oath...but no news. So I called them today...CIC call center first of all argued for a few minutes that how I could have possibly misunderstood 4 - 6 months as 4 - 6 weeks....anyhow, moving on, she said, I have a good news for you...I thought MAYBE MY OATH date is scheduled. On the contrary, I was told..Well, they have received my CBSA report as of 11th Oct 2014 and that they are reviewing it now and that if I don't hear back in 6 months (or end of February, I should contact them)....Not sure what to make of this situation. Its been 28 months now!
Were you given any RQ? When did you become PR?