+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Called CIC to check on my file and no progress at all. My file is still collecting dust at the local office Surrey.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Same here; submitted app in Aug 2013, status: in process since Oct 2013 for me & wife and Feb 2014 for our child. Still no changes on eCAS. Called CIC and was told that background checks done and we should wait for test letter. 4 weeks ago requested ATIP notes (Electronic copy, not the physical file) and I should receive it pretty soon. Don't know if it's gonna tell me a lot though.
Surrey office seems to be the slowest in the country :(
Good luck to all.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
I completely agree, what a downside of living in Surrey.

Please do share if you can get any clue from your ATIP report.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Sure, I will share my interpretations on ATIP notes as soon as I receive it.
BTW, we're not even Surrey residents, we live in Maple Ridge. Our file transferred to Surrey Office because of geographical proximity, though Vancouver office takes only 10 minutes longer to drive to, plus I wouldn't have to pay for the toll bridge (Golden Ears) :) One thing good with Surrey Office is that there are tons of parking spots around the Central City Mall (Finding a parking spot in downtown Vancouver is a pain)
Good Luck

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Kubik said:
Same here; submitted app in Aug 2013, status: in process since Oct 2013 for me & wife and Feb 2014 for our child. Still no changes on eCAS. Called CIC and was told that background checks done and we should wait for test letter. 4 weeks ago requested ATIP notes (Electronic copy, not the physical file) and I should receive it pretty soon. Don't know if it's gonna tell me a lot though.
Surrey office seems to be the slowest in the country :(
Good luck to all.
did you get ATIP? what did it say?
did you ask cic why take so long to wait ?Thanks!

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
suresure said:
did you get ATIP? what did it say?
did you ask cic why take so long to wait ?Thanks!
Not yet, tomorrow it'll be exactly one month since I requested ATIP, so theoretically I should be receiving it soon.
I didn't dare asking CIC what it is taking so long in Surrey office comparing to other offices, you know, people working at call centres always have a heavy traffic with tons of phone calls everyday and my complaints could have been the last straw :)

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Kubik said:
Not yet, tomorrow it'll be exactly one month since I requested ATIP, so theoretically I should be receiving it soon.
I didn't dare asking CIC what it is taking so long in Surrey office comparing to other offices, you know, people working at call centres always have a heavy traffic with tons of phone calls everyday and my complaints could have been the last straw :)
did you get ATIP today?

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
suresure said:
did you get ATIP today?
Hi,

Yesterday I received ATIP notes by e-mail. There were 17 pages but not too much info in it. The sections regarding the clearances say that in Feb 2014 FOSS and RCMP clearances were "Passed". CSIS clearance's status is still blank (Either CSIS haven't yet completed the clearance or they're not allowed to display the CSIS part as per their procedures). The sections regarding the test schedule, etc (and therefore certificate preparation & oath taking sections) have their status "Not Started". I cannot see anything in this report to explain the slow processing (Compared to other offices). I cannot see also any hints as to whether I will receive an RQ or not. The only positive thing that I noticed is that once they opened my file on "June 2014", meaning it has not been sitting on a shelf all the time but people are fiddling with it :)

Good luck & lotsa patience to you all
Kubi

P.S. Just a few lines below from my ATIP:

CASES

Created Date: 2013/10/24
Created By: ******
Updated Date: 2014/04/10
Updated By: ****_*****
Case Type: 5(1) Adult Grant
Case Stage: Assess
Case Status: Open
FOSS Clearance Expiry Date: 2015/02/10
RCMP Clearance Expiry Date: 2015/08/17
Responsible Office: Surrey
Priority: Regular
Date Received: 2013/08/19
Basic Residence: 1125
Date of Entry: 2010/07/01
Total Absence Days: 0

NOTES
Created Date: 2014/02/10
Type: Required Documents Seen
Responsible Office: CPC Sydney
etc
etc
etc

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Kubik said:
Hi,

Yesterday I received ATIP notes by e-mail. There were 17 pages but not too much info in it. The sections regarding the clearances say that in Feb 2014 FOSS and RCMP clearances were "Passed". CSIS clearance's status is still blank (Either CSIS haven't yet completed the clearance or they're not allowed to display the CSIS part as per their procedures). The sections regarding the test schedule, etc (and therefore certificate preparation & oath taking sections) have their status "Not Started". I cannot see anything in this report to explain the slow processing (Compared to other offices). I cannot see also any hints as to whether I will receive an RQ or not. The only positive thing that I noticed is that once they opened my file on "June 2014", meaning it has not been sitting on a shelf all the time but people are fiddling with it :)

Good luck & lotsa patience to you all
Kubi

P.S. Just a few lines below from my ATIP:

CASES

Created Date: 2013/10/24
Created By: ******
Updated Date: 2014/04/10
Updated By: ****_*****
Case Type: 5(1) Adult Grant
Case Stage: Assess
Case Status: Open
FOSS Clearance Expiry Date: 2015/02/10
RCMP Clearance Expiry Date: 2015/08/17
Responsible Office: Surrey
Priority: Regular
Date Received: 2013/08/19
Basic Residence: 1125
Date of Entry: 2010/07/01
Total Absence Days: 0

NOTES
Created Date: 2014/02/10
Type: Required Documents Seen
Responsible Office: CPC Sydney
etc
etc
etc
On your ATIP, did you see the date when your file transferred to local office?

What happened to your file on 2014-02-10 and 04-10?

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for sharing Kubik, I have similar timeline 7/13, but in Vancouver office, nothing so far, i was told my file was ready for test schedule in may...should receive my report soon, will let you know, if there is anything exciting....

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Thanks everyone for sharing your status info and comments.

@basharar: Is your test date May 2015? Wow, if that'll be the case for me then I'll have to extend my PR card as it'll expire in July 2015 :eek:

@suresure: I'm not sure when exactly it was passed onto Surrey office, it might be around April 2014. A few other dates from ATIP are as follows:

Started processing the application: "October 2013"

Fee allocations updated date: "June 2014" (They got payment much earlier of course, but I believe this "updated date" is the date when they allocate part of that initial payment towards a particular stage of processing)

Activity Type: "Collect Data", Date Status Updated: "Feb 2014"

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO! I applied in 7/13, nothing so far, i was told file is ready for a test date 5/14 but nothing so far!
apply 6 month before PR renewal, its a very slow process too, i applied in 5/14, they haven't even opened the file yet, PR expiring next month....

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Kubik said:
Thanks everyone for sharing your status info and comments.

@ basharar: Is your test date May 2015? Wow, if that'll be the case for me then I'll have to extend my PR card as it'll expire in July 2015 :eek:

@ suresure: I'm not sure when exactly it was passed onto Surrey office, it might be around April 2014. A few other dates from ATIP are as follows:

Started processing the application: "October 2013"

Fee allocations updated date: "June 2014" (They got payment much earlier of course, but I believe this "updated date" is the date when they allocate part of that initial payment towards a particular stage of processing)

Activity Type: "Collect Data", Date Status Updated: "Feb 2014"
Thanks!
what do you mean "collect data" on Feb 2014?
When you call CIC, agent told you file got transfer to local office, is it should be shown in your ATIP on what date?
when you call CIC, did you see the record you call them on your atip?

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
suresure said:
Thanks!
what do you mean "collect data" on Feb 2014?
When you call CIC, agent told you file got transfer to local office, is it should be shown in your ATIP on what date?
when you call CIC, did you see the record you call them on your atip?
Suresure, I don't know what "Collect Data" means, but it was under the ACTIVITIES section of ATIP notes, by the looks of it, it was an update posted by one of the agents, not an automatic update by the computer system. Because, instead of "SADMIN" (System Administrator) there is an actual agent number for the "Updated By" field. It's good to know that some flesh-and-blood physical person is opening, fiddling with and closing the file. Yes things are slow but we know that they are working on us :)

When I called CIC 2 -3 months ago the agent told me that my file was transferred to Surrey office but I didn't have the chance to ask details like when exactly it was transferred. I can't see a transfer date from the ATIP notes either (There are many sections and many dates and I have no experience interpreting all the coding they use) However, the date Feb 24 2014 seems like the transfer date because those days I got the "Received" gone and only "In Process" left on my e-cas status (Some people say this change means file transferred from Sydney to Local Office)

Regarding your last question; There is one entry on my ATIP notes under CLIENTS & PARTIES section that has an "Updated Date": June 14 2014 and has a Type: PA. This "PA" might mean Privacy Act something but I still don't think this is the record of my phone call to CIC, because I called 3 times since we applied and I can't see 3 records here. So I don't think that CIC is recording the phone calls in the actual file, they only record the conversation (you know, if someone gets rude or something it can be used as evidence)

Regards,
Kubik

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
i have applied in june 2013. in process since aug 2013.
still waiting
surrey office is slowest in country.
i am expecting something in 2015
i hope i get test in 2015