Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi guys I am in process of apply for OCI and I want to surrender my Indian passport as well, can I do both at the same time or I have to wait for the surrender certificate to arrive first
Anyone experienced that ?
Do I need an appointment or I can just walk in ?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys I am in process of apply for OCI and I want to surrender my Indian passport as well, can I do both at the same time or I have to wait for the surrender certificate to arrive first
You can walk in now. Be prepared to be treated differently (longer wait time) than people with an appointment and please share your experience because walk ins have been recently allowed (just since a couple of days).

To apply for OCI, you will have to wait until you get your surrender certificate. You can no longer apply for both at same time. If you need to visit soon, you can apply for entry visa and surrender at same time.

Good luck.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
You cannot do both at the same time. First you will have to apply for surrender and then OCI.

Please follow this thread as all the people here are in the same boat as you-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-402