+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrender Indian Passport & OCI - Toronto/Brampton

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Thank you for replying. I asked because at the time of renewal of passport, BLS asked to reprint in Landscape.
not sure why they asked specifically but I never even once submitted any application in landscape. ( whether it be ind pp renewal, ind pp surrender, entry visa or oci app. )

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Hello all, I have surrendered Indian passport already and waiting for my entry visa. I'm travelling to India in few days, can I apply for OCI before that? My concern is that do I need to carry my surrendered Indian passport and surrender certificate while travelling to India? Also, there are no appointments available for OCI, is it mandatory to apply walk in ?

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hey guys
Whats the status of BLS Toronto for indian passport surrender
Walkin wait time
And
Any other tips for smooth application

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for new SC application, do we hv to submit online application as well as in person? If yes, do we have to make sure to do both on the same day or can I wait for a few days after submitting online application to submit in person?

Also, for Indian passport do we hv to enclose copies of 1st and last page along with any entry exit dates? On BLS Checklist it says if there are any endorsements on da page, kindly enclose copy of those pages as well. What do endorsements mean? Are they the same as entry exit dates?

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Aside from the surrender certificate application form, do we also need to fill out the below mentioned forms for new SC application? I found these on the BLS document checklist online.

Two copies of the form (in duplicate) are required, download application form for Deemed Surrender & Renunciation:

http://blsindia‐canada.com/forms/HCI‐CGI_Surrender%20and%20Renunciation%20form.pdf

A copy of Deemed Surrender Certificate Form is also required, download application form for Deemed surrender certificate.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/HCI-CGI_Deemed Surrender Certificate form.pdf

I request someone who has already gone through the process to please respond at their earliest convenience.

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
The other way would be using BLS pick up and drop off option…
Thanks for reply
Where do they pick up from residence???? And whats the guarantee they wudnt loose the application and also where can v look for this option

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Received SC:
Application Date: Dec-02-2022 (Postal - City Toronto - BLS Brampton)
Received by BLS: Dec-03-2022

Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate: Dec-07-2022 (CGI)
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: Dec-16-2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: Dec-20-2022
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre: Dec-27-2022

Delivered by Purolator: 28-dec-2022

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Can anyone share the self declarations format/context for passport surrender of i have not got me Canadian passport yet!

i can write it myself but bls has habit of making people run so if something has worked in part it’sa safer beer to use that