+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrender Indian Passport & OCI - Toronto/Brampton

san_canada

Jan 3, 2023
Need help !!

I am preparing OCI application in Canada. I have two questions regarding postal code in Online OCI application.

1. I typed my postal code in both "Present Address" and "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code". When I printed OCI application, postel code is printed twice in OCI application in section "21. Present Address".

2. If I don't mention postal code in "Present Address" and mention postal code only in "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code", will my postal code be printed in Address in OCI booklet?

Please help to answer my questions.

san_canada

Jan 3, 2023
Need help !!

I am preparing OCI application in Canada. I have two questions regarding postal code in Online OCI application.

1. I typed my postal code in both "Present Address" and "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code". When I printed OCI application, postel code is printed twice in OCI application in section "21. Present Address".

2. If I don't mention postal code in "Present Address" and mention postal code only in "Zip Code/ Pin Code/ Area Code", will my postal code be printed in Address in OCI booklet?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on SC application form where it asks for the applicant's mobile number, do I have to put 1 before my 10 digit Canadian phone number or just the number itself. It's not taking +1 before the number.

Also for emergency contact info, do I put Canadian or Indian emergency contact info? I got confused because while entering the number, it's saying below 'Enter 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code'. If Canada, then what is the ISD code for Canadian numbers as it's not taking +1. If India, what's the ISD code for Indian number as it's not taking +91.

When I received my citizenship certificate, I received 2 letters from Immigration minister and Prime Minister aside from the certificate itself. I hope those letters are not part of the certificate and I don't have to photocopy and self attest them as well?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on SC application form where it asks for the applicant's mobile number, do I have to put 1 before my 10 digit Canadian phone number or just the number itself. It's not taking +1 before the number.

Also for emergency contact info, do I put Canadian or Indian emergency contact info? I got confused because while entering the number, it's saying below 'Enter 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code'. If Canada, then what is the ISD code for Canadian numbers as it's not taking +1. If India, what's the ISD code for Indian number as it's not taking +91.

When I received my citizenship certificate, I received 2 letters from Immigration minister and Prime Minister aside from the certificate itself. I hope those letters are not part of the certificate and I don't have to photocopy and self attest them as well?
it would be greatly appreciated if someone who has already gone through the process please respond to my queries by today as I'm planning to apply for SC tomorrow.

san_canada

Jan 3, 2023
Need help !!

Please help to reply my query. It is kind of urgent. Thanks in advance.

lallimander

May 3, 2023
My experience of Tuesday, November 15, 2022 for Indian Passport Surrender at BLS Brampton location

Just wanted to put pen to paper before I forget about it.

Went to #60 first but the security guard told me the lineup at #40 will be shorter and quicker. Left and went to #60 at around 8:40, there must've been at least a hundred people in line in front of me. I was prepared with my parka on and coffee in hand. Line moved quicker than expected and I finally entered around 11:30, so 3ish hours and it was pretty chilly so my toes were quite cold.

Staff Gurpreet Kaur Lubana, counter #9 was quite helpful, accepted my (wife's) application and told me that the picture isn't upto spec. Told me that I could pay now get a hard copy of a new picture done beside her counter. Called my wife, asked her to take a selfie with both ears showing and send to me, fixed it up and sent it to their email for printing, 10 minutes later picture was printed. Gave Gurpreet the picture and was done with it around 12.

Hoping this would help someone. I believe today was the last day of walk-ins. Starting tomorrow, it is by appointment only. Yes, there are no appointments currently available but there will be, she said.

Fees paid were $181.10

Passport fee: 119.00
ICWF charge: 3.00
Total (A): 122.00
BLS Service Fee: 6.55
Courier Fee: 26.55 (there was no choice to pickup, courier was assumed and charged for)
Photograph: 13.27
GST Total: 6.03
Debit Card Fee: 0.70
Total (B): 53.10
Grand Total A+B: 175.10 (but I was charged $181.10, not sure why... oh well!)

I'm just glad it was done in one shot. People I was chatting in line with had to come back for one thing or another.

Wonder how long this would take. Waiting for this now and then will need to send OCI application.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now its 191. They told me Original surrender certificate needs to be submitted and there is no provision for pickup. Passport can be picked up. If you want both to be couriered then its 26 CAD for each. This is a scam going on.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
My experience of Tuesday, November 15, 2022 for Indian Passport Surrender at BLS Brampton location

Went to #60 first but the security guard told me the lineup at #40 will be shorter and quicker. Left and went to #60 at around 8:40, there must've been at least a hundred people in line in front of me. I was prepared with my parka on and coffee in hand. Line moved quicker than expected and I finally entered around 11:30, so 3ish hours and it was pretty chilly so my toes were quite cold.

Staff Gurpreet Kaur Lubana, counter #9 was quite helpful, accepted my (wife's) application and told me that the picture isn't upto spec. Told me that I could pay now get a hard copy of a new picture done beside her counter. Called my wife, asked her to take a selfie with both ears showing and send to me, fixed it up and sent it to their email for printing, 10 minutes later picture was printed. Gave Gurpreet the picture and was done with it around 12.

Hoping this would help someone. I believe today was the last day of walk-ins. Starting tomorrow, it is by appointment only. Yes, there are no appointments currently available but there will be, she said.

Fees paid were $181.10

Courier Fee: 26.55 (there was no choice to pickup, courier was assumed and charged for)

I'm just glad it was done in one shot. People I was chatting in line with had to come back for one thing or another.

Wonder how long this would take. Waiting for this now and then will need to send OCI application.
Thank you for the detailed post. That's what I was wondering why did they charge me "courier fees" when I chose walkin and NOT postal.
Quick question - will the surrender certificate and passport be delivered to your doorsteps assuming they have charged the courier fees?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for the detailed post. That's what I was wondering why did they charge me "courier fees" when I chose walkin and NOT postal.
Quick question - will the surrender certificate and passport be delivered to your doorsteps assuming they have charged the courier fees?
Courier ka aur kya matlab hoga if you have paid for courier ?

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Fees paid were $181.10

Hi, can you please let me know when you submitted your wife's application on her behalf, did you get anything in writing from her? As I am planning to do same for my minor son and husband both of them won't accompany me to the appointment.
Thanks in advance

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, can you please let me know when you submitted your wife's application on her behalf, did you get anything in writing from her? As I am planning to do same for my minor son and husband both of them won't accompany me to the appointment.
Thanks in advance
For submission you do not need authorization.
One applicant can submit the application for the family.
But if you plan to take an appointment, you will have to book individual appointments for each application.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Does anyone know if Toronto/Brampton are going to open new appointments?

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For submission you do not need authorization.
One applicant can submit the application for the family.
But if you plan to take an appointment, you will have to book individual appointments for each application.
Yes I have 3 individual appointment slots booked.
Thanks

Reactions: abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yes I have 3 individual appointment slots booked.
Thanks
please keep in mind some of the challenges that might come up when you submit:
- Photo included with the application is not as per the specifications. BLS may ask you to click new photographs
- Missing signature on application/documents

• Haha
Reactions: A_S