+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surname Issue

ShivaDurga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Thank you so much for the clarification. It's clear now.

But it appears that WES has changed the report format recently. It included a extra field called "Name on Credential" for each credential in the report and mentions there, the name as it appears on educational certificates.

And the top of the report, it mentions the Full Name in "Last Name, First name" format and gives a disclaimer below that saying name on the top of ECA report and on the credentials are different.

Let's see how it goes with this new format. I will keep this updated as I get more information.

Thanks.

While creating ECA application with WES, you need to create with passport name. WES will put initials and put your full last name inside the bracket in their report.
While creating express entry profile, you need to create with passport name.
Once you receive invitation and when you submit express entry PR application, it will ask you if you have any other name. In that place, you need to give 'Yes' and mention your name with initials. It will automatically generate a placeholder for submitting proof of name change, and it is here where you need to upload the one and same person affidavit.

arjunreddy

Nov 14, 2017
Hi, Amazing information on this forum. Thanks to all contributors. My last name too was initial. From what I understand, we will just have to submit the "One and same person" affidavit while submitting PR application.

My question here is:
1. Whose signatures/notarizations will be required for the OneAndSamePerson affidavit to be legally valid?

Indrari

Sep 12, 2017
I have the same issue. I have completed my degree in India. Right now, I am residing in Canada. So my question is
1. Where should I get the affidavit? India or in Canada?
2. Whose signatures/notarizations will be required for the OneAndSamePerson affidavit to be legally valid?

Appreciate your response.

Reactions: sandeep2034

arjunreddy

Nov 14, 2017
Hey looks like the affidavit is a self signed copy. You as "X Y" also known as "Xaa Yaa" are one and the same person, so you sign the copy mentioning the same and submit it. I have not done this yet, but intend to do it if ever I get an ITA.

Feb 6, 2018
I have the same issue and i have reached out to WES to get it corrected like Anoop mentioned to have my name put in the report as Narendran R(Rajendran). I am very skeptical though if they will do it. Guys anyone who has submitted the one and the same person affidavit, did it work ok?
Please share some information. Thanks.

sandeep2034

Apr 25, 2018
I have the same issue. I have completed my degree in India. Right now, I am residing in Canada. So my question is
1. Where should I get the affidavit? India or in Canada?
2. Whose signatures/notarizations will be required for the OneAndSamePerson affidavit to be legally valid?

Appreciate your response.

Hi Indrani,
I too have same questions, currently in Canada and wanted to get that affidavit, but not sure where should i get it and who should authorize.
If you found answers to these, please reply that will help me, Thanks!

Regards,
Sandeep D
+1 416 618 6816

sandeep2034

Apr 25, 2018
Hey looks like the affidavit is a self signed copy. You as "X Y" also known as "Xaa Yaa" are one and the same person, so you sign the copy mentioning the same and submit it. I have not done this yet, but intend to do it if ever I get an ITA.
HI, so self signed copy of affidavit is valid ? and is your PR got approved without any further questions ?
Please suggest, thank you

adityasrid

Dec 26, 2017
Thank you so much for the clarification. It's clear now.

But it appears that WES has changed the report format recently. It included a extra field called "Name on Credential" for each credential in the report and mentions there, the name as it appears on educational certificates.

And the top of the report, it mentions the Full Name in "Last Name, First name" format and gives a disclaimer below that saying name on the top of ECA report and on the credentials are different.

Let's see how it goes with this new format. I will keep this updated as I get more information.

Thanks.
Hi,
Am also facing the same problem. Did you face any problem after submitting your PR application.
Kindly do let us know. It will be very useful.

adityasrid

Dec 26, 2017
Hi Arjun,
Let us know if you had any problems with your PR application after submitting the copy of one an same person.
Thanks,
Aditya

adityasrid

Dec 26, 2017
I have the same issue and i have reached out to WES to get it corrected like Anoop mentioned to have my name put in the report as Narendran R(Rajendran). I am very skeptical though if they will do it. Guys anyone who has submitted the one and the same person affidavit, did it work ok?
Hi Naren,
Did WES get back and change your name in the credential ?
Apparently I had sent a copy of my passport and a self signed letter explaining the different names in credential. Still my ECA was marked "Name differs in one or more credentials".
Thanks,
Aditya

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Did you get support from WES on this..plz help

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Give the name as per passport. For different name, choose 'Yes', choose alias, and then give the name with initials. Upload one and same person affidavit (google this forum for template) as proof when it asks for document related to name change.

I had first name + initials for last name in educational documents.. and my employment documents had initials for last name first name. I did the same and I already have PPR.
@DEEPCUR @sandeep2034 @NarenRajendran @arjunreddy @Indrari , Any idea who needs to sign this 'one and same person affidavit', what kind of paper/format it has to be in?
Thanks.

ShivaDurga

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,
Am also facing the same problem. Did you face any problem after submitting your PR application.
Kindly do let us know. It will be very useful.
Hi. So this Short surname on certificates while the WES provides ECA using Full names in expanded format did not cause any issue during my PR process. I remember submitting the notarized letter as someone mentioned above.

Krishsard

Mar 29, 2023
Hi ShivaDurga, hope you got the PR and you would have been a citizen by this time .I am also facing the same issue with WES also my initials are expanded in passport as usual what did you do while applying for PR recently received ITA