+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents to apply for Open Work Permit for husband ?

heba159

Nov 8, 2018
Hi Experts ,
i'm applying for study permit as international student and would like to apply for OWP for my husband along with me .
kindly advice what are the important supporting documents to be included in his application ..
is it must to include Ielts Test report ? he got 5 overall - which is not much good , shall i skip it ?
also what kind of other documents to include ..
as i'm new here , i just afraid to miss important details ..

appreciate all your replies .

heba159

Nov 8, 2018
also is it must to give his bank details ? or salary payslips are sufficient - as the balance amount in his account is not big , all money in my account only .. kindly advice

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
also is it must to give his bank details ? or salary payslips are sufficient - as the balance amount in his account is not big , all money in my account only .. kindly advice
I applied for my study permit and my husband's OWP and my dependent child's Visa in one go and they were all approved.
Here's what I did:
in the section where it asked for my proof of financial support I uploaded our largest bank account statement (in my name only), All assets we had( houses, cars etc), both our pay slips and all other income sources we had.
He is not required to show his own proof of fund, tou have to prove that you can support the both of you.
In his purpose of travel, he wrote a letter indicating that he wanted to come accompany me so that we could maintain our family unit and that he wanted to work to provide additional financial support and gain international work experience as that would be beneficial to his career once he returned home along with some fluff items.
we also included all documents that could prove his academic qualifications a copy of his resume and police certificate. He was also not required to prove his language proficiency

heba159

Nov 8, 2018
I applied for my study permit and my husband's OWP and my dependent child's Visa in one go and they were all approved.
Here's what I did:
in the section where it asked for my proof of financial support I uploaded our largest bank account statement (in my name only), All assets we had( houses, cars etc), both our pay slips and all other income sources we had.
He is not required to show his own proof of fund, tou have to prove that you can support the both of you.
In his purpose of travel, he wrote a letter indicating that he wanted to come accompany me so that we could maintain our family unit and that he wanted to work to provide additional financial support and gain international work experience as that would be beneficial to his career once he returned home along with some fluff items.
we also included all documents that could prove his academic qualifications a copy of his resume and police certificate. He was also not required to prove his language proficiency
@TracyAT Really appreciate your replies and support .... Congrats , wish you all the best.
Kindly Can you share your study plan and the statement of purpose for your husband for my guidelines , no worries will never copy my e-mail :
eng_hsamir@hotmail.com, i'm planning to apply by next week .
can you advice you applied from which country , are you did it online ? and you received the approval for your study and OWP after how many months ?

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Thanks, we applied from Jamaica, processing time here is about 6 weeks we got approved in 4. we also applied online, I found it much easier.
I will email you the letters we wrote.
Also we didn't include any rental information, we just ensured that we had enough money to cover one year of my study my living expenses and the addition money for his stay and my dependent child. my letter will show you how we established ties to our country.

Last edited:
Reactions: heba159

heba159

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks, we applied from Jamaica, processing time here is about 6 weeks we got approved in 4. we also applied online, I found it much easier.
I will email you the letters we wrote.
Also we didn't include any rental information, we just ensured that we had enough money to cover one year of my study my living expenses and the addition money for his stay and my dependent child. my letter will show you how we established ties to our country.
Really you give me hope ,, i read many refusal cases which make me worry about every single detail .. your comments finally give me the hope... will wait your letters.. GOD bless you

Witzbolder

May 7, 2019
@TracyAT Could you please share with me your study plan and the purpose of travel for your husband?
I'm actually plan to apply in few days for me and my wife. It would be great to have succesful example.
Here is my e-mail: witzbolder@gmail.com
Many thanks in advance!

Diego Costa

Jul 1, 2019
Here's what I did:
Hey @TracyAT , we are in a very similar situation wondering what to fill in the Purpose of Travel letter.
Could you please send me yours as an example (email: diegoelias1@gmail.com)?
My wife will come with me while I am doing my post-doc there and she will request an OWP.