+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Support Brother on Study Visa

Abh-2019

Feb 21, 2019
My brother have a conditional addmition letter from a Canadian University but it does not say the amount of tuition fees and the finishing time for the program. Is it ok to apply using this letter? Also, he is 19 years old and does not have a bank account, is it ok if I said I am 100% responsible for his study and life cost? I do have a bank account has enough amount for that purpose.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My brother have a conditional addmition letter from a Canadian University but it does not say the amount of tuition fees and the finishing time for the program. Is it ok to apply using this letter? Also, he is 19 years old and does not have a bank account, is it ok if I said I am 100% responsible for his study and life cost? I do have a bank account has enough amount for that purpose.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Seems weird the LOA doesn't have the detailed tuition fees. Maybe you can request a letter to the University where they state this information so that your brother can submit it along with his application.

If you are supporting your brother financially, you can do so and you will have to submit account statements for four months with the money required. Also, if you have large sums of money deposited in those statements, you should explain the origin of the funds and submit evidence.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Possibly because it isn't an LOA. It is a conditional admission letter. Your brother will have to finish his current program, showing proof of that (transcripts and a completion letter) before the university in Canada will give him an official LOA, complete with Fees and duration.

While you can apply for a study permit with the conditional letter, IRCC will wait on you to furnish proof of the completion of the university course in the home country and the official LOA that you will get from the university, before they rule on anything/issue study permit. Long wait.

Reactions: Geet7