+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa refused because of income

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. We'll take those into considerations.

We did file the 2020 taxes already.

The request for T4/NOA came on February 3
We've submitted the T4s on Feb 3. but mistakenly submitted the 2019 ones as we don't have the 2020 by that time. We also submitted these T4s together with the application package.
We filed our tax return on Feb 26
We uploaded our 2020 T4 on March 18

It looks like our 2019 income wasn't enough if 2-3 years of income is really being considered, as we only have 44kish in 2019.
Will GCMS notes make us better understand more what happened in the case?
You have to refile if you used the wrong T4. Your tax return should get flagged for incorrect information.

Rhaenys

Aug 3, 2015
The income of 3 years is for parental sponsorship. You are not sponsoring. You are supporting a supervisa. If you have enough income, then go for the supervisa again for 4 people. As mentioned, the application starts over.
Aahh! Good to know! We'll probably request GCMS notes first before applying again.

You have to refile if you used the wrong T4. Your tax return should get flagged for incorrect information.
They confirmed the receipt of our 2020 T4s though and on that communication, we also explained what happened.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Aahh! Good to know! We'll probably request GCMS notes first before applying again.

They confirmed the receipt of our 2020 T4s though and on that communication, we also explained what happened.
You have to refile. You need to actually change the information listed on your T4 slip and refile.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

The CRA will confirm receipt of your T4 but you must either file an T1 Adjustment or call and in and see if the adjustment can be done over the phone.
Over the phone is ONLY possible if the CRA can actually see the T4’s online

Rhaenys

Aug 3, 2015
The CRA will confirm receipt of your T4 but you must either file an T1 Adjustment or call and in and see if the adjustment can be done over the phone.
Over the phone is ONLY possible if the CRA can actually see the T4’s online
Hey! It was CIC that we sent the T4s to and confirmed the receipt not CRA. There are no issues on CRA side.

This is the response we got:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey! It was CIC that we sent the T4s to and confirmed the receipt not CRA. There are no issues on CRA side.

This is the response we got:
CIC really wants your NOAs versus T4. I hope that means that you filed your taxes with the correct T4 information.

would suggest ordering GCMS notes to know why you were denied.

Rhaenys

Aug 3, 2015
CIC really wants your NOAs versus T4. I hope that means that you filed your taxes with the correct T4 information.
Yes, that's correct. On the filing of taxes part, there are no issues.

The only issue was when CIC asked for the T4/NOA back in February 3, we provided the 2019 T4s again and didn't wait for the 2020 T4s.

The request for T4/NOA came on February 3
We've submitted the T4s on Feb 3. but mistakenly submitted the 2019 ones as we don't have 2020 by that time. We also submitted these T4s together with the application package.
We filed our tax return on Feb 26
We uploaded our 2020 T4 on March 18
We'll definitely order GCMS notes.

Thanks!

panc0021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
- Look at line 150 of your tax return. That's what's considered for income.
- They will only consider your income if you were included as a co-signer in the application. Did you co-sign the application? Or was it only your wife?
- I don't understand this question. Again, your income is only included if you co-sign the application.
- You can appeal, but I don't see the point. You didn't show enough income to meet the requirements. You need to reapply.
- You can apply for a TRV or you can reapply for the super visa, this time making sure you can show enough income to meet LICO
hi there,

i am also in same boat. my wife is not working and we are applying her mom's supervisa. our house hold income meet the income requirement.

i will be co-signer for this. is there any separate form that shows co-signer is part of application?
where do you get this co-signer form?

please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi there,

i am also in same boat. my wife is not working and we are applying her mom's supervisa. our house hold income meet the income requirement.

i will be co-signer for this. is there any separate form that shows co-signer is part of application?
where do you get this co-signer form?

please advise.
It is part of the application. There will be a place to indicate that a spouse agrees to be a co-signer.

panc0021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
- Look at line 150 of your tax return. That's what's considered for income.
- They will only consider your income if you were included as a co-signer in the application. Did you co-sign the application? Or was it only your wife?
- I don't understand this question. Again, your income is only included if you co-sign the application.
- You can appeal, but I don't see the point. You didn't show enough income to meet the requirements. You need to reapply.
- You can apply for a TRV or you can reapply for the super visa, this time making sure you can show enough income to meet LICO
hi there,

i am also on same boat as you. which form do you submit for co-signer?

please share your experience, ON IMM5257E there is no place for co-signer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there,

i am also on same boat as you. which form do you submit for co-signer?

please share your experience, ON IMM5257E there is no place for co-signer.
I think you quoted the wrong message.

Rhaenys

Aug 3, 2015
hi there,

thank you for your replay. i am looking IMM5257E, there is no place for co-signer.

It is part of the application. There will be a place to indicate that a spouse agrees to be a co-signer.
I can't find the part where to indicate that a "spouse agrees to be a co-signer."

I went over the forms and the closest fields to that is this:

IMM5257e

Edit: It's been 30 days since we requested the GCMS notes. Still waiting.

Rhaenys

Aug 3, 2015
We got our GCMS notes today.

On page 1, here are the notes:

But on page 40:

It looks like the income they're referring to is our 2019 income.

So, we're going to apply for supervisa again. We will mention what happened on this case on our invitation letter and our LICO situation, hope that's fine.

On the online application, we were asked if the applicant had medical exam in the past 12 mos.

But if we say says, it is asking for proof of upfront medical exam. We don't have anything aside from the online result from our previous application where it says passed. Should we just say No to the previous question?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We got our GCMS notes today.

On page 1, here are the notes:

But on page 40:

It looks like the income they're referring to is our 2019 income.

So, we're going to apply for supervisa again. We will mention what happened on this case on our invitation letter and our LICO situation, hope that's fine.

On the online application, we were asked if the applicant had medical exam in the past 12 mos.

But if we say says, it is asking for proof of upfront medical exam. We don't have anything aside from the online result from our previous application where it says passed. Should we just say No to the previous question?

No need to explain just submit your 2020NOA when you receive it from CRA.