+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa Questions

Shawarma

Jul 31, 2010
Dear Seniors,

I would appreciate some clarity on what my parents just experienced.
  • I had applied for a SuperVisa for them about 3 years ago.
  • They arrived to Canada on the SuperVisa and got 2 years entry for the first time. They left within a period of a year.
  • Now, they came back this month and the officer only gave them a 6 months stay! They said you should have extended the SuperVisa the first time around ?! What does that even mean ?! The maximum they could give was only 6 months.
Guys - I bought the tickets for my parents 11 months into the future. They only now have 6 months on their entry. My options I believe are the following, can someone advise?

• Change their ticket date
  • Drive to the US border and hope that the Canadian side extends their visa for another 6 months? Would this work? They have US visitor visas
    • Buy a flight ticket to a US city and then re-enter Canada - if driving wouldn't work.
  • The agent mentioned that after the 5th month - I can apply for an extension. Can someone please share any experience on this? Where do I apply? What duration do they extend for?

Is this correct treatment? Have we done something incorrectly? I don't really know what extending the Supervisa at their previous stay means? They were leaving within 2 years - how does it make sense to extend it further.

MANY thanks in advance for anyone that might be able to reply. Thank you ...

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request