+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - Medical requested - but upfront medical already done!?

BeenThere

Aug 20, 2014
Hey all. We did an online Supervisa application for my mother-in-law in Manila. We provided an emedical sheet from the upfront medical. But now, they have requested that she do a medical and provided a prefilled out form even though we provided the emedical. They do not seem to be asking for a "second" medical, just an ordinary one. Anyone know about this situation? There is nothing I can upload... its already been done!

Here is our timeline:

Upfront medical done August 19.
Application submitted online August 31st. (confirmed same day) Including emedical form provided by the doctor and uploaded to the appropriate place clearly labeled "Proof of Medical Exam"
Medical requested Sept 10. Actual wording:
"Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) - September-10-2014 02:50:22 AM EDT"

Status shows as "open" and "we need your medical information"

I suspect, the answer is simply that they have not received the results and that we just have to wait?

Any insights greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

BT

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your panel physician probably hasnt sent your report to CIC. Check with your panel physician if the medical report has been sent electronically. If they still havent sent it, now they would have to submit with the form that the Canada visa office has sent.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xenon said:
Your panel physician probably hasnt sent your report to CIC. Check with your panel physician if the medical report has been sent electronically. If they still havent sent it, now they would have to submit with the form that the Canada visa office has sent.
1. You should note that the Panel Physician doesn't send the medicals to the Visa office. They are sent to the Immigration Regional Medical Centre, where they are are reviewed and coded and the results are then upload so that the Visa office can obtain them. Takes about a week/10 days for the IRMC to upload the results.

BeenThere

Aug 20, 2014
1. You should note that the Panel Physician doesn't send the medicals to the Visa office. They are sent to the Immigration Regional Medical Centre, where they are are reviewed and coded and the results are then upload so that the Visa office can obtain them. Takes about a week/10 days for the IRMC to upload the results.
Thanks for your input... the timeline is appreciated - but now I have a concern. We did the medical on Aug 19 - submitted complete application with E-medical form from panel doctor on the 31st. Should have been good... but more of a concern is they then ASKED for the medical on Sept 10..... and no updates since. So, assuming the doctor DID submit it (my mother-in-law will check today) then a month has now passed by since the medical and our status still shows they are waiting for the medical. :( Not sure what to do now.... I suppose we could do the medical again WITH the form they sent. (So much for the usefulness of the "upfront medical")

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BeenThere said:
Thanks for your input... the timeline is appreciated - but now I have a concern. We did the medical on Aug 19 - submitted complete application with E-medical form from panel doctor on the 31st. Should have been good... but more of a concern is they then ASKED for the medical on Sept 10..... and no updates since. So, assuming the doctor DID submit it (my mother-in-law will check today) then a month has now passed by since the medical and our status still shows they are waiting for the medical. :( Not sure what to do now.... I suppose we could do the medical again WITH the form they sent. (So much for the usefulness of the "upfront medical")
Attach a copy of the medical receipt to a case specific email in reply.

insee

Oct 21, 2014
BeenThere said:
Worth a try! Thanks, will do.
Hi!
Could please share what happened; since my mom is in the same situation with her upfront medical, and I'm really confused. :(
Thank you!

BeenThere

Aug 20, 2014
Hi. I would not worry too much. It seems that the visa office will ignore your "upfront" paperwork. They want the results. What did we do? Nothing. :) It took another 2 weeks, then the CIC showed "reviewing medical results" or something like that. One week ago they posted a request for her passport.. and we finally got it to them yesterday. So all is well.... just not as fast as "advertised".

I would wait 2 weeks.... if still nothing, then send an email to them - but really, everything is probably fine. They just don't have the results yet.

Cheers

BT

insee

Oct 21, 2014
Thank you very much! We'll see what happens. I sort of suspected that they send requests for medical automatically, regardless of the upfront testing.

BeenThere

Aug 20, 2014
Last update. My Mom-in-Law got her visa 2 days ago. 5 year multiple entry. 8) Took 6 weeks.... longer than we wanted, but not bad considering the medical results were not sent to immigration for 30 days.

Good luck everyone!

BT

kazmunai

May 31, 2017
Did an upfront and having the same problem:confused::confused::confused:.

The medical request came on May 11 2017, still waiting for something to happen.

I sent an email with the emedical document, no reply.

kazmunai

May 31, 2017
Hi guys i just wanted to say that I passed the medical exam! Just send a case specific enquiry to your visa office with the documents attached!

a41g

Jun 28, 2016
Hi guys i just wanted to say that I passed the medical exam! Just send a case specific enquiry to your visa office with the documents attached!
Can you please explain how can I find an email address to send a query?