+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
hi guys!

My parents got their visas on the 11th! Praise God!!! I need your advice... should I get a separate return ticket or would a one way ticket suffice? I don't want my parents to go through problems at the Immigration in the Philippines (that is my main concern) - I have a feeling that officers at the POE in Toronto won't bother with it and my parents could explain that they are planning on staying for 2 years, hence no return ticket booked.

Please let me know if anyone's parent/parents were able to exit the Philippines without a return ticket.

Thanks! :)

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
toinky said:
to moraine ;-)

hi, im from davao too...
ask ko lang kung anong mga documents/attachments ba ang pinasa ng mga parents mo?
- did they include bank accounts nila? cert of employment nila? land titles? or etc....
then, anong docs naman ang pinasa mo to support their application?

salamat ha
Hi toinky,

I am glad to help. My parents submitted back accounts, employment cert., and land title. We attached our tax something and letter of invitation. The letter has to be detailed to make the application stronger. The fee as well, I learned from creampuffs that it doesn't need to be multiple entry so just pick the single entry. I hope this will help.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
dyan29 said:
hi guys!

My parents got their visas on the 11th! Praise God!!! I need your advice... should I get a separate return ticket or would a one way ticket suffice? I don't want my parents to go through problems at the Immigration in the Philippines (that is my main concern) - I have a feeling that officers at the POE in Toronto won't bother with it and my parents could explain that they are planning on staying for 2 years, hence no return ticket booked.

Please let me know if anyone's parent/parents were able to exit the Philippines without a return ticket.

Thanks! :)
Congrats dyan29 :):):)

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Moraine said:
Congrats dyan29 :):):)

thanks Moraine! goodluck to everyone who are still awaiting response from the Canadian embassy in Manila :)

@ Raiden: I would like to know if you actually purchased a return ticket for your MIL? I'm debating whether to get one or not... I would appreciate your response :)

toinky

Oct 26, 2008
Moraine said:
Hi toinky,

I am glad to help. My parents submitted back accounts, employment cert., and land title. We attached our tax something and letter of invitation. The letter has to be detailed to make the application stronger. The fee as well, I learned from creampuffs that it doesn't need to be multiple entry so just pick the single entry. I hope this will help.
hi moraine, thanks ha ;-)

i just followed the format sa cic para sa invi letter, pwde patingin ng invi letter nyo? kung okay lang...thanks

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Hi guys,

I contacted the Bureau of Immigration in Manila in regards to the need to have a return ticket to exit Philippines, here is the answer:

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center <binoc_immigration@hotmail.ph> wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam:

With regard to your query, we have been informed, although not officially, that a roundtrip ticket is not required for Supervisa holders. However, you may check with your airlines since they would have the guidance from Canadian authorities regarding requirements at the port of entry. Thank you.

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3769.

Hope this helps :)

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to know how did you guys include the information about
How long the person you are inviting intends to stay in Canada.
The date the person you are inviting intends to leave Canada.

in your invitation letter. I would like to invite my mom for a year or more if possible but should I tell them that or should I just tell them that it's up to them?

I hope to hear from you (esp. those who got their supervisa) and thanks in advance

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any update?

minsky said:
my mother supervisa application timeline

docs sent : March 12, 2012
meds request :
meds forwarded:

still waiting.....

larren0107

May 30, 2012
hi there

i just want to know how can i invite my fiance to come to canada as visitor visa? and i want him to be with me before i will give birth?im 15 weeks pregnant,please i need help how to make a invitation letter and what are the procedures.....

thanks

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larren0107 said:
hi there

i just want to know how can i invite my fiance to come to canada as visitor visa? and i want him to be with me before i will give birth?im 15 weeks pregnant,please i need help how to make a invitation letter and what are the procedures.....

thanks
check the cic website: .cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp
for invitation letter: .cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Try adding www on those two links. We're not allowed to post links here. But all the information is in there. And also,
you were on the wrong forum tho, this is for supervisa.

lvp

Feb 22, 2012
Hi guys,
i've been reading all your posts and its been helpful.. i'm so excited coz my mom will be coming over next week, june 14 ;D

here's the timeline for my mom's supervisa application:
docs sent : March 28, 2012
meds request : April 10, 2012
med checkup: April 20, 2012
Visa received: May 15, 2012

my mom is in Dumaguete, Neg Or, and we asked her to go to an agency to help her in the application, so docs from embassy are sent to the agency. For the flights, since she will be coming over to Edmonton, so we just got a flight from Cebu-Vancouver, then booked the Vancouver-Edmonton flight online from here in Canada, coz its way cheaper that way. We just got her roundtrip ticket for Korean Air, but the return ticket is revocable.

for all of you guys still waiting for the update of your parents' applications, Good luck :)

wiflok

Jul 25, 2010
Hi everyone!

My mom in law wants to apply for super visa. However, we are not sure if we are eligible since we came to Canada just August of last year. Our NOA show that we do not meet the low income cut off. But if we are going to base the LIC from our current job and we can actually provide letter of employment with salary stated we meet the LIC.

Also is there any specific amount for the "show money"?

I hope somebody can enlighten me.

xelsabado

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 2nd week
Med's Request
April 1st week, but dated March 31 2012
Med's Done....
April 13, 2012..submitted May 29, 2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2012--Re-Issued Visa April 20, 2013
LANDED..........
July 9, 2013 -- Thank You My Lord!!
lvp said:
Hi guys,
i've been reading all your posts and its been helpful.. i'm so excited coz my mom will be coming over next week, june 14 ;D

here's the timeline for my mom's supervisa application:
docs sent : March 28, 2012
meds request : April 10, 2012
med checkup: April 20, 2012
Visa received: May 15, 2012

my mom is in Dumaguete, Neg Or, and we asked her to go to an agency to help her in the application, so docs from embassy are sent to the agency. For the flights, since she will be coming over to Edmonton, so we just got a flight from Cebu-Vancouver, then booked the Vancouver-Edmonton flight online from here in Canada, coz its way cheaper that way. We just got her roundtrip ticket for Korean Air, but the return ticket is revocable.

for all of you guys still waiting for the update of your parents' applications, Good luck :)

What is your moms agency? Did the embassy asked for an interview for your mom? Thanks for your reply

naleen03

Jun 18, 2012
Hi guys, How much did you pay for the application fee? it's quite confusing $75 or the multiple entry $150? Thanks :)

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are two types of Temporary Resident Visa: a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Temporary Resident Visas are valid for a fixed period, whether they are a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa. You cannot use a visa after its expiry date.

Multiple-entry visa

A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times during the period while your visa is valid. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 10 years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.

If a multiple-entry visa is approved, it will allow you to enter and leave Canada repeatedly during the validity period of the visa. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa. You cannot get a multiple-entry visa for a period that ends after the expiry date of your passport. If your passport will expire soon, you should renew it before you apply for your visa.

If you want to visit several other countries or return to your own country before coming back to Canada, you will need a multiple-entry visa. If you plan to visit Canada frequently, a multiple-entry visa is recommended.

Single-entry visa

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada once.

When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency will make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada.

The officer will authorize your stay by placing a stamp in your passport and/or issuing an additional document.

If there is no stamp, a handwritten date or document in your passport, your temporary resident status will expire six months from the day you arrived in Canada.

If you were given a visitor record, student or work permit, the expiry date is marked on the document.

If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada.

There are two exceptions: you can visit the United States or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and return to Canada without getting a new visa, as long as you:

return within the initial period authorized by the immigration officer or
have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or a temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry) and return within the initial period authorized by the officer.