+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

dyan29

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
congrats creampuffs! congratulations to all whose applications were approved! :)

Me and my parents are still waiting but I am very positive (with God's help) they will get their visas approved soon. Well I am hoping they get it before the 9th of April because that is their supposed arrival to Canada date! LOL

application timeline:

Feb. 27 - Documents were picked up
March 10 - Medicals done
March 26 -

(will update you soon once we hear from the embassy in Manila)

God bless us all... I know everyone here cannot wait to be reunited with their parents and grandparents :)

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
raiden213 said:
My MIL application has been going on for 2 months now, just like your case, they required her to go through additional medicals (chest xray). Now it is still waiting game, called nationwide and they told us medicals forwarded last match 13, so likely it will still take a month for the visa to be released like in case of creampuffs and moraine. Keeping our hopes up it will happen.
Hi raiden213,

I am so sorry to missed this message. I know how it feels. Just hang on no news is good news. If they find something wrong, they should let you know already. If you are still anxious (which i think u'r not as for now) have somebody to call the embassy. Make sure it's the number that only works within the Philippines because the call centre people are really helpful. They can give some details about your application such as the date when they received documents and correspondence from you guys. They can also tell you whether it is still in process or not. And whether your application already exceeds the processing time.

Hang in there. All in God's time and will.

P.S. The date they received the medical is the beginning of the 10 to 15 days waiting period. It will take 45 days too if further assessment is needed. That's what my sister was being told the day before my parents' visas arrived. I hope this helps.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
dyan29 said:
congrats creampuffs! congratulations to all whose applications were approved! :)

Me and my parents are still waiting but I am very positive (with God's help) they will get their visas approved soon. Well I am hoping they get it before the 9th of April because that is their supposed arrival to Canada date! LOL

application timeline:

Feb. 27 - Documents were picked up
March 10 - Medicals done
March 26 -

(will update you soon once we hear from the embassy in Manila)

God bless us all... I know everyone here cannot wait to be reunited with their parents and grandparents :)
Staying positive is the main thing. Good for you. Admittedly, I was not that positive as you. I was rather anxious :) But I am relieved now :) Looking forward to hearing good news from you. Good luck on your application :)

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Update:

My MIL got her visa on March 30 with 4 1/2 years validity, same as passport. Hoping she will get her passport stamp with 2 yrs stay as there are cases where they only allow 6 months for supervisa contrary to the maximum 2 yr stay. My worry right now is my MIL doesn't speak english, can she request a translator on the POE or a letter can be made stating her purpose of visit? Is it also possible if my wife can assist her during her interview w/ officer since they are coming on same flight.

Goodluck to all that are still waiting on theirs.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
raiden213 said:
Update:

My MIL got her visa on March 30 with 4 1/2 years validity, same as passport. Hoping she will get her passport stamp with 2 yrs stay as there are cases where they only allow 6 months for supervisa contrary to the maximum 2 yr stay. My worry right now is my MIL doesn't speak english, can she request a translator on the POE or a letter can be made stating her purpose of visit? Is it also possible if my wife can assist her during her interview w/ officer since they are coming on same flight.

Goodluck to all that are still waiting on theirs.
Cogratulations :):):) I am
Still waiting for an update from
Creampuffs whose parents in laws arrived on March 30. I am looking forward to hearing from creampuffs soon!

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
My MIL is coming this weekend, however someone on the other forum is sayin that they are asking for return ticket for their parents on POE. I am not sure if that is a requirement since I believe you could not have a return flight for more that one year. Anyone that had their parents arrived in Canada can pls give some light to the issue. We purhased a one way ticket only since we have indicated on our letter to visa officer that we would be providing a return ticket when she needs to come home. Thanks.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
raiden213 said:
My MIL is coming this weekend, however someone on the other forum is sayin that they are asking for return ticket for their parents on POE. I am not sure if that is a requirement since I believe you could not have a return flight for more that one year. Anyone that had their parents arrived in Canada can pls give some light to the issue. We purhased a one way ticket only since we have indicated on our letter to visa officer that we would be providing a return ticket when she needs to come home. Thanks.
It has to be 2-way ticket, raiden213. It's the Philippine regulation something. Your MIL will not be allowed to exit the country with TRV and 1-way ticket. You can get refundable unsused portion of the ticket. I know it's non-sense, but on their visa it still stated that they arw visitor only with a different code.

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Do you mean just get a seperate return ticket after 1 or 2 yrs that is fully refundable, i doubt agency would refund you on a purchased ticket, maybe a they'll let you change the date. I bought the 1 way ticket for saturday for vancouver, not sure if we could ask the travel agency to add for a return flight on it. Pls. Give me some info on this, we'll try to contact the st. Raph travel agency as well.

Thanks.

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Moraine said:
It has to be 2-way ticket, raiden213. It's the Philippine regulation something. Your MIL will not be allowed to exit the country with TRV and 1-way ticket. You can get refundable unsused portion of the ticket. I know it's non-sense, but on their visa it still stated that they arw visitor only with a different code.
Moraine,

We've purchased the one-way ticket at st. raphael travel n tours, do you think they can still add a return ticket on it, flight date is april 7 this saturday. We asked before if they can provide us 2-way ticket that is good for 2 yrs then they said they can't. I am really starting to worry now since she only have a 1 way and they might refuse her travel.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
raiden213 said:
Moraine,

We've purchased the one-way ticket at st. raphael travel n tours, do you think they can still add a return ticket on it, flight date is april 7 this saturday. We asked before if they can provide us 2-way ticket that is good for 2 yrs then they said they can't. I am really starting to worry now since she only have a 1 way and they might refuse her travel.
Hi raiden213,

We couldn't get an open return ticket either. We just bought any return flight schedule that is also refundable here in Canada. My parents purchased the tickets in the Philippines. Why don't you get a separate return ticket here in Canada just make sure it is refundable?

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
Raiden213,
Philippine Airline has refundable tickets although you will have to pay penalty fee it is still better than nothing.

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Moraine said:
Hi raiden213,

We couldn't get an open return ticket either. We just bought any return flight schedule that is also refundable here in Canada. My parents purchased the tickets in the Philippines. Why don't you get a separate return ticket here in Canada just make sure it is refundable?
Moraine,

Could you pls. tell me where to get refundable return ticket here in Canada. I was planning to do that but don't know which airline/agent/site to go. Thanks

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dyan29 said:
Hi! What exactly did you guys send as proof of medical insurance? My parents are scheduling the pick up of their papers this week. I am worried they will be asked the same thing. I bought a travel medical insurance from Manulife and there's a receipt with their names, policy # and other details of the insurance policy. I hope that's good enough proof.

I really hope we don't bump into anymore issues through this application process.
Just because you bought medical insurance does not mean it covers her specific medical condition, I have had client's get into problems because the insurance did not specify a specific medical condition. The medical examination is not pleasant and this information is not shared wtih the insurance companies either, but if you get a policy underwriten and their is only one company that is currently doing this, the policy will have an endorsement to cover a specific pre-existing condition. Premiums will be rated one of my clients needed cardiovasculare covered his rating was $17.00 a day, if you read most policies they exlude this medical condition, even if the policy covers pre-existing conditions it does not cover everything. This is where people can get problems with medicals because they know how to assess high risk medical conditions. If the policy has an endorsement and this is not cheap the chances of approval are far greater because they know it is being insured.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creampuffs said:
we sent insurance receipt with their names, effectivity date, policy wording/ benefits ( just exactly same as yours) but still they ask us to send it again.i dont know why.....
First no one applying for a super visa actually knows what the effective date of the policy will be unless you are a fortuneteller. I use 60 or 90 days as a default and this date will be changed once the super visa is approved and a flight is booked, this is where people get into trouble using cheap online brokers like some of the ones I have seen on this site. So if the effective date was the date of the application they will be confused. Secondly even policies that cover pre-existing conditions do not cover everything and if the client is high risk and their insurance policy does not contain an endorsement for their specific high risk medical conditon there is a greater chance of them being rejected. Keep in mind not all conditions are covered, when I submitted a detailed medical questionaire for underwriting some people where uninsurable for certain types of policies that cover pre-existing conditions. They can still buy insurance but getting passed the medicals becomes a crapeshoot some will get lucky other not so lucky. Medical Emergencies are expensive $3000.00 a day for a hospital is not cheap, so it is worth insuring high risk conditions if possible. This cannot be done with any online application you need a broker to physically handle the file and if insurance does not cover it the Canadian Government will personally hold you liable for all medical expenses. I am not suggesting one has to insure everything this is not possible but use some common sense. HIGH PRIORITY TELL YOUR PARENTS OR GRANDPARENTS TO BRING WITH THEM ALL MEDICAL RECORDS FROM THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN OTHERWISE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS NO ONE WILL HAVE ANY MEDICAL HISTORY TO KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
raiden213 said:
Moraine,

Could you pls. tell me where to get refundable return ticket here in Canada. I was planning to do that but don't know which airline/agent/site to go. Thanks
raiden213, ask someone in Filipino store nearby or China town or Philippine Airline website. Just don't forget to remind them you need refundable. I hope this will help.