docs sent : March 12, 2012
meds request :
meds forwarded:

still waiting.....

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
dyan29 said:
thanks!

any news? any new updates as to how long its taking for the embassy in Manila to process the applications without any problems with documents or health issues?
finally my parents in law's visas arrived yesterday....so excited!

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
@creampuffs

We almost have the same timeline except yours FIL n MIL papers were submitted first. It takes almost a month for visa to be released after medicals sent to embassy according to your timeline, so I am expecting April since my MIL medicals were sent last march 13, if she would be granted the visa she would received it by 1st or 2nd week of april. Hoping for a positive result, have not heard from embassy for a long time now.

My wife went home w/ my daughter last feb thinking she would get her visa by then, now I have to waittt for more time till they get back since they have to accompany her on her way here in Canada, ofcourse if she gets the supervisa.

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008 ... Confirmation of Receipt December 18, 2008
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13-06-2012 …Submitted 13-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
creampuffs said:
Congratulations!!! Great news :) my parents should be getting something from the embassy soon, hopefully and prayerfully :) the call centre agent told my sister that they received my parents' medicals on Feb. 27 which is almost a week after ur MIL's medical submission right?

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
Hi!

I am planning to sponsor my father in-law in 'Pinas to come with a Super Visa. I have all the requirements on hand but, I would like to make the case stronger with my letter of invitation.

I would like to know now to whom will I address the letter. Should it be to the Visa Office or to my father in-law directly? I've read somewhere that it's better to address it to the one you're sponsoring. Some blogs are telling otherwise.

I know some of us here have applied for Super Visa already and had been approved. Please let me know your experience and what would be the better choice.

Thanks! ;)

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
creampuffs said:
creampuffs, did ur inlaws had to pay 175 pesos for the passport with visas?

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
Parents' Super Visa application from Davao City

Application received February 6
Medicals request February 10
Medicals received February 27
Visa received March 22

God bless to you all!:)

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
Congrats to all who have applied and have been approved. Hope that you'll have a great time with your family together. I was encouraged by Moraine's post that they got Visa in less than 2 months. I hope that it could happen to us as well.

By the way, did you write the letter of Invitation addressed to your parents or to the Visa Officer? I just want to make sure I'm gonna do the proper way to avoid delays.

Thanks!

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
cutyshrek said:
Congrats to all who have applied and have been approved. Hope that you'll have a great time with your family together. I was encouraged by Moraine's post that they got Visa in less than 2 months. I hope that it could happen to us as well.

By the way, did you write the letter of Invitation addressed to your parents or to the Visa Officer? I just want to make sure I'm gonna do the proper way to avoid delays.

Thanks!
Hi cutyshrek,

Thanks. With regards to the letter, my husbannd and I wrote and addressed it to the embassy. We stated the reason why we would like to have them and that we are going to provide all their needs during their stay. It has to be detailed and genuine.

Their goal is to complete the processing within 8 weeks. In my case, my mom had to do further medical so we were actually over a week delayed. I would think that if you guys will have no medical issues, you will received visas earlier. Always remember that no news is good news within 8 weeks from the date of your application. They will not let you wait for so long only to received bad news :)

raiden213

Feb 4, 2012
Moraine said:
Hi cutyshrek,

Thanks. With regards to the letter, my husbannd and I wrote and addressed it to the embassy. We stated the reason why we would like to have them and that we are going to provide all their needs during their stay. It has to be detailed and genuine.

Their goal is to complete the processing within 8 weeks. In my case, my mom had to do further medical so we were actually over a week delayed. I would think that if you guys will have no medical issues, you will received visas earlier. Always remember that no news is good news within 8 weeks from the date of your application. They will not let you wait for so long only to received bad news :)

My MIL application has been going on for 2 months now, just like your case, they required her to go through additional medicals (chest xray). Now it is still waiting game, called nationwide and they told us medicals forwarded last match 13, so likely it will still take a month for the visa to be released like in case of creampuffs and moraine. Keeping our hopes up it will happen.

creampuffs

Jan 12, 2012
raiden213 said:
@ creampuffs

We almost have the same timeline except yours FIL n MIL papers were submitted first. It takes almost a month for visa to be released after medicals sent to embassy according to your timeline, so I am expecting April since my MIL medicals were sent last march 13, if she would be granted the visa she would received it by 1st or 2nd week of april. Hoping for a positive result, have not heard from embassy for a long time now.

My wife went home w/ my daughter last feb thinking she would get her visa by then, now I have to waittt for more time till they get back since they have to accompany her on her way here in Canada, ofcourse if she gets the supervisa.
I hope your inlaw's visas are soon too. I know how hard to be patient waiting for visa but for sure they will be granted :)

just eat more patience!

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
Moraine said:
Hi cutyshrek,

Thanks Moraine. I had finished my letter of invitation and the application for my father in-law. I will send all the docs to him and let him sign everything that needs to be signed. We're definitely hopeful that our father could come before my spouse go back to her work this July. Enjoy the good times with you family!

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi did you provide a letter of invitation?
thanks

creampuffs said:
Hi dyan29,

Thanks for congratulating me!

1. My parents-in-law provided bank certificate and copy of their property in the phils.
2. I and my husband enclosed a copy of cert of employment, pay stub, letter from work, RRSP, and bank certificate showing when we open it, account # and the balance
3.yes, they called the number from the form (they use the PLDT one, I think P32/min) and the agent gave them a date when they are going to pick up all the docs

hope u apply your parents soon!

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
Moraine and those who have applied can answer this.

Did you have to notarized your Letter of Invitation to your parents or you just signed it as it is? I've read that some Visa Offices require the letter to be notarized. I don't know if that is also in effect in the Canadian Embassy in Manila. Please let me know so, I could finish my letter and send it out immediately.

Thanks

Moraine

Feb 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
23-05-2012
Med's Request
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
cutyshrek said:
Moraine and those who have applied can answer this.

Did you have to notarized your Letter of Invitation to your parents or you just signed it as it is? I've read that some Visa Offices require the letter to be notarized. I don't know if that is also in effect in the Canadian Embassy in Manila. Please let me know so, I could finish my letter and send it out immediately.

Thanks
No, my husband and I just signed it. We did two pages letter:) we wrote about ourselves as well and I also wrote about what I feel and thought. Notarization is not mandatory only to certain cases I guess which I am not sure of. I hope this will help. I would like to hear good news from you all :)