+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2020 timelines please

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
This forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  1. My father had a visitor visa that expires in Aug 10 2021
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
    1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16
    2. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
  5. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  6. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
  7. My father was able to complete his medicals with one of Panel Physician
  8. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  9. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  10. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  11. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  12. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
This forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
  5. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  6. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
  8. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  9. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  10. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  11. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  12. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil
So sorry for your loss.

Sandhar7

Apr 25, 2019
hi All,

I applied for my parent's Supervisa below are the timelines. My father got the PPR request after a few days of Biometrics, however my mother didnt get any update related to PPR. Her application status is still in progress and biomertic date is updated. Is this normal that 1 parent can get PPR earlier than other? also there was no request for medical for my father.

Application Submitted - November 2, 2020
Submission Confirmation - November 3, 2020
Biometrics Collection Letter - November 4, 2020
Biometrics - October 4, 2021 Completed.

For Father -
Correspondence Letter - October 4, 2021
Original Passport Request - October 4, 2021
Final decision - Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

For Mother -
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Both applied together under same email and IRCC account , just curious why only 1 got PPR and other didn't.
Also, My father is just under 60 years of age and my mother is 60+ does that have anything to do? as my father didn't receive any medical request either?

thanks in advance.

g452

Sep 21, 2021
hi All,

I applied for my parent's Supervisa below are the timelines. My father got the PPR request after a few days of Biometrics, however my mother didnt get any update related to PPR. Her application status is still in progress and biomertic date is updated. Is this normal that 1 parent can get PPR earlier than other? also there was no request for medical for my father.

Application Submitted - November 2, 2020
Submission Confirmation - November 3, 2020
Biometrics Collection Letter - November 4, 2020
Biometrics - October 4, 2021 Completed.

For Father -
Correspondence Letter - October 4, 2021
Original Passport Request - October 4, 2021
Final decision - Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

For Mother -
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Both applied together under same email and IRCC account , just curious why only 1 got PPR and other didn't.
Also, My father is just under 60 years of age and my mother is 60+ does that have anything to do? as my father didn't receive any medical request either?

thanks in advance.
Hi What is correspondence letter for your father?

Babandhillon92

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hello,

I applied for my Mom's supervise in Dec 2020.
Biometrics completed in Aug 2021

No update yet..... this is so frustrating.

CIC supervise timeline is 40-50 days

Any suggestions?

g452

Sep 21, 2021
I applied for my parents in Sep 2020. Got delayed due to biometrics which completed on Aug 2021. Still it has been more than 60 days now and no update on Medical request or anything. Now thinking to re-apply. Very frustrating

Jul 14, 2017
Guys,

My mother applied for SuperVisa in November 2020. Although Biometrics Appointment Letter was received soon after the application was submitted, yet the process of registering biometrics was completed in July 2021 due to COVID-19.

The background check has been in progress since the information related to biometrics was updated on the file in July 2021. A message has been sent to IRCC via webform, seeking an update. However, just a generic response was received in return.

I am not sure what else can be done to have the matter expedited. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share. This is a really frustrating experience.

r.dhillon

Oct 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was looking for information on super visa that was applied on September 15, 2020. Biometrics have been provided and application is still under process. Parents are in India. I have followed up with IRCC and they have said application is under process but efforts have been transferred to more urgent applications.

The application was done online and I have not been receiving any updates. The only send info when I ask.

I understand due to covid things are taking longer but it has been very long now. I didn't expect the process to be this long.

Does anyone know how much longer it may take?

Does anyone else have a situation like this?

I hope to hear your thoughts.

Thank you very much

r.dhillon

Oct 4, 2020
I applied for my parents in Sep 2020. Got delayed due to biometrics which completed on Aug 2021. Still it has been more than 60 days now and no update on Medical request or anything. Now thinking to re-apply. Very frustrating
I agree it is very frustrating. I am in the same situation and don't know that else to do. I applied in September 2020 as well. Still waiting until this day for updates

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
applied for mum
Nov 4, 2020 with upfront medicals
medicals passed -Nov 20, 2020
ghost communication
sent several web forms .... no response
medicals passed removed from profile in September 2021
currently on"we are processing your application" to date
sent exemption letter to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca today
this is super frustrating, hoping for the best
I reapplied for my mom's super visa on October 23, 2021 and got her PPR today. I suggest to reapply because the method of sending travel exemption letter did not work. IRCC withdrew the old gckey application as the new one got processed.

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014

Details:
So sorry to hear your loss. Please stay strong.

mogas

May 29, 2014
My mothers old passport and her visitor visa expired in Aug 2021

Applied for my mother supervisa and time line is as follows( its really ridiculous and sad ):
- application uploaded 29 Nov 2019 with upfront medical exam report attached
- Biometrics enrollment 5 Dec 2019
- Biometrics uploaded/completed 15 January 2020
------ passport renewed and notified IRCC ------
- new passport copy uploaded may 2021( IRCC acknowledged)
- Priority request submitted 2 July 2021
- After numerous enquiries figured out that application was closed, apparently they requested new medical examination(although no sign of it on the portal)
- New medical exam request received on portal 23 sept 2021
- Medical took place 30 Oct 2021
- no sign of report until 23 November, looks like they mixed up old and new passport number
- portal updated with Medical exam passed 23 November 2021
- still waiting ...........................................
it is very scary time and have general anxiety about it. My thoughts are with Strongbull1 and family, for their loss and terrible experience.

processing time for us is 749 days and counting as compared to published processing time of 49 days for this visa category

mogas

May 29, 2014
Ok we have finally received PPR, along with form imm0535 prepopulated form( MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING) anyone any Idea, what is it for? and what needs to be done with it? it does not say anywhere anything, who is it for?