+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ibtisamq said:
It's the 3rd week since online status changed to Passed for my mother's Super VISA and strangely no Passport request yet. Should I contact embassy, is there a way to send query?

A bit more patience :)
As things have cleared now in your case so may be due to lot of applications they are taking longer but soon they will receive passport request.

UK TO CANADA

Jun 16, 2012
Hi Usman
Thanks for the prompt response. I tried this link, it takes me to the supervisa page but after all the eligibility test it throws me backmto the visitor visa. Is it possible for u to inbox me your no? I'll call u and youcan explain me further. Also could you please tell me how much is the super visa fees?
I look forward to hear from you soon

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
UK TO CANADA said:
Hi Usman
Thanks for the prompt response. I tried this link, it takes me to the supervisa page but after all the eligibility test it throws me backmto the visitor visa. Is it possible for u to inbox me your no? I'll call u and youcan explain me further. Also could you please tell me how much is the super visa fees?
I look forward to hear from you soon

Here the steps you need to perform:

[Assuming you are applying paper based]

1- Get the application package from this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

2- FIll all the forms and include all the supporting documents (Letter of Invitation, Their Medical Insurance, Your PR card, Your Passport Copy, Your Bank Statement that you can support them, Your Tax Return Form/Letter that you are paying all your taxes in Canada, etc...)

3- Pay the application fee in Standard Chartered Bank ($100 for Single or Max. $500 for family - Multi-Entry) + $85 (Biometric fee for each)
You can find further fee details from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

4- Vist VAC office which is near to their home (LHR, ISL, KHI). Bring the documents and Fee Receipt. They will cross verify your documents, will take their biometrics and will accept the application. You will receive the application submission receipt.

5- If (Insh'Allah) things will go smooth, you will receive an email with the medical form. Now they need to take medical appointment:

For fast response and medical appointment with IOM You need to send email to IOM at email address blow don't use the spaces between email address as they appear on this forum. I booked mien yesterday via this email.

Email to: "canmedpk @ iom.int"

· Passport No.
· Complete Name
· Date of Birth
· Contact Number
· Visa Category
· Location/City for Screening

Email: "canmedpk @ iom.int" or you can call us at 051-111-466-472 for personalized assistance.

Bring the printout of this medical form which you will receive via email, identity proof (Original License, Original CNIC, etc) and go there. Go through the medicals. It's really simple. Nothing to worry about it. Medical center (IOM) will forward the medical reports to embassy by their own.

6- If (Insh'Allah) things will further move smoothly, soon they will receive approval email. Now they need to visit VAC again with the submission receipt to collect back the passports :) :)

I hope I have clearly explained the whole process :p
All the best.

nadi0008

Jun 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have applied for my parents visit online on 1 May 2014. Their Biometric done on 5/05/ but there is not medical request yet.

Can you please share your timeline? I am not sure why its taking that long. :(

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took 37 days for my parents to get the visa. Applied for Super visa however got V1 visa till the duration of passport ( 1.5 Years )

ibtisamq

Aug 26, 2012
Hi,

By grace of God Almight, we got passports for our mothers back with 4 years Super Visa (Passport was valid for 10 years), So I have a few questions if anyone can kindly respond.

1) What could be the reason for not issuing VISA till length of passport?
2) It looks like a normal Multiple Entry VISA, did CIC issue a TRV as well or that stamped VISA is all required.
3) What needs to be done at so she could get a maximum stay allowance at Toronto Airport.
4) Do I need to buy One way or Return Ticket so the airline doesn't create any fuss at Lahore Airport?

Thanks,
Ibtisam

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ibtisamq said:
1) What could be the reason for not issuing VISA till length of passport?
My mom also got it for 4-years initially. After that duration, when you will re-apply for it, she will get it of 10-years then. Nothing to worry in it.

ibtisamq said:
2) It looks like a normal Multiple Entry VISA, did CIC issue a TRV as well or that stamped VISA is all required.
YES, this is just TRV that will allow her to visit Canada anytine within these 4-years. At POE, immigration officer will stamp her passport with the permit (dont know exactly its name right now), which will allow her to legally stay in Canada.

ibtisamq said:
3) What needs to be done at so she could get a maximum stay allowance at Toronto Airport.
Please correct me if I am not correctly getting your question. By stay allowance you mean that stamp/permit which immigration officer will put on her passport? Ammm.... usually they will stamp for 2-years and will ask her that you can extend it from within Canada if you plans to stay longer from that duration... Actually there is no issue in this. If that duration is over, you can simple revisit the border for its extension.

ibtisamq said:
4) Do I need to buy One way or Return Ticket so the airline doesn't create any fuss at Lahore Airport?
Just ONE-WAY ticket from Lahore to destination city in Canada.

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Hi waseem congrats on the grant of visa which city u applied from and wat were exact dates of applying in may and receiving visa in july ur rep will be highly appreciated thanks in advance

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Visa Officer at their discretion can issue a super visa or a visitors visa for any length of time up to 10 years or the passport expiry date.
As of February this year all applications Super Visa or Visitor Visa are automatic applications for a ten year multiple entry visa.

For a Super Visa this is something which Citizenship and Immigration is aware of. The problem is if someone is visiting for longer than a year no airline will issue return airfare for longer than 12 month. For those visiting for two years this is just a waist of money what others have done is ask the visa office to provide a letter stating that return airfare is not required for the visit with a Super Visa. There are other posting on this website of people who have run into a similar situation.

I just had a client who wanted to apply for a super visa for a three month visit, I advised him to apply for a visitors visa because spending thousands of dollars on insurance that will never be used and will not be refunded if a claim arises is a waste of money. My client was initially refused he is from Pakistan, the reason was no prior travel history and he had all the documents to support ties to the country of origin. I told my client to go see his MP for his riding, he did and they gave him a letter. They also questions that his parents had no prior travel history I said so what and so did my client to his MP. He reapplied and was approved with the letter from the MP.

Just to show you that good documentation and a good insurance broker does make a difference. A letter from an MP is much more effective than hiring an immigration consultant or lawyer and it is free. By dealing with Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc. my client saved thousands of dollars in legal fees got a visa approved up to the expiry date of his parents passport and save thousands on insurance. This is a happy ending for everyone. I wish everyone a happy smooth experience with their applications.

There are many brokers on this site trying to sell insurance I doubt they go to the trouble that Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc. does in providing guidance and advise on the whole application process including insurance. Keep in mind I am not a lawyer or an immigration consultant but have done many insurance applications for both Super Visa's and Visitor Visa's and have experience in this field.

ranasahib

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
App. Filed.......
June 2016
waseem0008 said:
Just pray from GOD for visa..........TB is one of three diseases which they don't allow visa. Other are Hypatitus and Aids.
Wrong information

TB is recover then it is ok
Hypatitus and Aids result are negative then its is ok
or your other test is ok like lft etc then it will be consider for visa.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Gary Goldshmidt said:
As of February this year all applications Super Visa or Visitor Visa are automatic applications for a ten year multiple entry visa.
Hey..

Can you share any source of this?

umme hani

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
Can anyone help me to figure out the address of iom medical centre khi I hv taken the appointment for medicals but now confusion has arise in my mind regarding the address probably I miss the complete iom address listening other necessary information on phone while booking for medical appointment. Will highly appreciate your answer .Thanks.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
umme hani said:
Hi ,
Can anyone help me to figure out the address of iom medical centre khi I hv taken the appointment for medicals but now confusion has arise in my mind regarding the address probably I miss the complete iom address listening other necessary information on phone while booking for medical appointment. Will highly appreciate your answer .Thanks.
Karachi
IOM Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi

IOM - Migration Health Assessment Center - Karachi,
H. No F-8/1 TIPU SULTAN ROAD, KDA SCHEME 1, (Adjacent to main Karsaz road)
+92-51-111-466-472

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1999&CountryName=Pakistan