Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Muzamil. I dont know about question.. may be any expert can comment on that...

Anybody recently got any update from Islamabad Visa Office?? Its being exact 5 months today we have applied for our parents super VISA. No update at all... :(

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Asif_786 said:
Congratulations Muzamil. I dont know about question.. may be any expert can comment on that...

Anybody recently got any update from Islamabad Visa Office?? Its being exact 5 months today we have applied for our parents super VISA. No update at all... :(
Thanks, did you check SPAM folder ? The email for medical ended up in my Spam folder.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't give the email address to avoid any such situation.

I have dropped emails to VAC and Islamabad Visa Office inquiry email addresses. Will wait...

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Dear Members:

I have a question. My mother got supper visa back in 2012 and the validity of the visa until Apr 2015(Passport expiry).

As the Super Visa is for 10 years how can I extend the stay?

Please reply.

Thanks

rehan910

Feb 11, 2014
Hi
Can Me and my spouse jointly sponsor my parents on super visa,means we can combine our income to meet LIFO.
THANKS

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@kan2008

i think you are confusing the visa validity and permitted time to stay.
The super visa is for 10yrs but cannot be issued beyond the validity of the passport

her visa expires Apr 2015 so she must enter Canada on or before Apr 2015.

she can be allowed to stay up to two years (at the discretion of the border officer)
but remember she cannot stay beyond the validity of her passport (i am not very sure on this)

good luck.

@rehan910

Yes you can both jointly sponsor your parents for super visa but you need to prove you are married or in common law

good luck

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
My parents have applied for Super Visa 2 days ago from Lahore. People at VFS were very co-operative. They took their application, looked at every bit of detail on all the forms (inclusive of Super Visa insurance). Fingerprinted them and the application was accepted.

Hoping for the best. I'll keep this forum updated with the progress.

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Today my parents have received medical request in regards to the Super Visa Application that they filed 2 weeks ago. It would be great if someone can answer the below questions.

1. Will they be receiving the passports back from the Embassy so that they can take it along with them for the medical exams.
2. What is the cost for these medical exam.

Thank You.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
S_J said:
Today my parents have received medical request in regards to the Super Visa Application that they filed 2 weeks ago. It would be great if someone can answer the below questions.

1. Will they be receiving the passports back from the Embassy so that they can take it along with them for the medical exams.
2. What is the cost for these medical exam.

Thank You.
wow that was qucik.... what date you mentioned as your intended date of travel ?

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
In my letter of invitation, I mentioned the month of April (for travel to Canada) instead of specifying a date. However the Super Visa Insurance does have a start date of April 01, 2014. However that can be always be changed, if it is done before April 01, 2014.

In regards to my question, any idea on the cost of the medicals done in Pakistan. Furthermore, will the embassy be returning the passports back for medical purposes to prove one's identity.

Thank You.

rehan910

Feb 11, 2014
Hi can any one give suggestion which insurance company is good in terms of super visa.I am applying for my parents ages 74 and 78.
What coverage should be beneficial they are taking medicines for Blood pressure only.
Thanks.

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
rehan910 said:
Hi can any one give suggestion which insurance company is good in terms of super visa.I am applying for my parents ages 74 and 78.
What coverage should be beneficial they are taking medicines for Blood pressure only.
Thanks.
TIC is a good insurance company. I chose them after comparing 6-7 different quotes and the options offered by them all.

I have recently filed my mother's SuperVisa. Can anyone tell me the current timelines at Islamabad for issuance of visa?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TIC is a great company to deal with their service is amazing, any of my clients that dealt with them also go back regardless of the price. There is one caveat if you buy TIC insurance without filling out a medical questionnaire they do not cover cardiovascular or lung. In order be covered you need to fill out a medical questionnaire and get approved before you buy their policy. TIC does not cover certain conditions period please read their exclusions and limitations, no insurance company covers everything.

I am an insurance broker and have lots of experience in this area.

To address some of the other questions on this post. A super visa or any visa for that matter is only valid up to the passport expiry date. After the passport expires you need to submit a new application. A Super Visa is valid for UP TO TEN YEARS, note the key word up to, the maximum time it is valid for the is passport expiry date.

As far as timeline for Islamabad, Pakistan from my experience it is all over the place. Pakistan is a jurisdiction that has more stringent requirements, I am not referring to the documents required for a super visa but the additional documents to establish ties to the country of origin. I have had client get approved quickly while other were delayed. The biggest challenge is to prove to the visa officer that you are a legitimate visitor to Canada that will leave by choice at the end of the visit. If the visa officer is not satisfied or finds something in the application you can be denied and the application is rejected.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of fraud from Pakistan so the Canadian government has more scrutiny with this jurisdiction and honest people have to suffer as a result of the actions of those that have abused our system. This does not sound fair but this is how it works.

If you need further information contact me directly.

For more information visit my web site
http://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance