+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

shazia74

Jul 12, 2012
adzees said:
Any one parents arrive yet in to Canada on super visa? Just wondering if you need to have a return ticket at the port of entry since the maximum stay allowed is 2 years and no airline would give you 2 year advance return ticket.
Hi,

My parents are arriving tomorrow inshallah. But they are coming for 4 months.

Shazia

FishBurger

Star Member
Feb 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Assalamoalakum Folks,
My parents visit my brother in Canada every year. They are doing it since 2007. They applied visit visa in 2007 and got a multiple for 2 year. Then they re-applied in 2009 and got it again for 2 year. Then they re-applied in 2011 and got it again for 2 years,which has expired now.
They visit Canada every year for 2-3 months, and my brother always buy their 2 months travel insurance which is 150 $ per person as compared to 2000 $ per person for Super Visa.
Now they are thinking to apply for Super Visa ,which is very expensive or they can still apply for a normal visit visa ?Their passports are full of visas fom USA, Canada and other countries.
Or the big question is that can they still apply for a normal visit visa or they have to apply for super visa?
Please advise.

Regards

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
FishBurger said:
Assalamoalakum Folks,
My parents visit my brother in Canada every year. They are doing it since 2007. They applied visit visa in 2007 and got a multiple for 2 year. Then they re-applied in 2009 and got it again for 2 year. Then they re-applied in 2011 and got it again for 2 years,which has expired now.
They visit Canada every year for 2-3 months, and my brother always buy their 2 months travel insurance which is 150 $ per person as compared to 2000 $ per person for Super Visa.
Now they are thinking to apply for Super Visa ,which is very expensive or they can still apply for a normal visit visa ?Their passports are full of visas fom USA, Canada and other countries.
Or the big question is that can they still apply for a normal visit visa or they have to apply for super visa?
Please advise.

Regards
It's up to your parents, they may apply for either regular or super visa. There are more requirement for super visa such as 1 year insurance and income verification of your brother whereas regular single/multiple entry visa doesn't have that requirements.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
adzees said:
Any one parents arrive yet in to Canada on super visa? Just wondering if you need to have a return ticket at the port of entry since the maximum stay allowed is 2 years and no airline would give you 2 year advance return ticket.
I think you should buy return ticket if they have to go back, they can, otherwise it will cost you more if you just buy one-way ticket.
Usually, return tickets are good for 3 or 6 month. if they want to stay over 3/6 month then you can get it refund on that ticket.

munirdba

Star Member
Nov 20, 2004
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014
I like to apply for my mother super visa from islamabad please anyone can advice what documents do i need to arrange.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
munirdba said:
I like to apply for my mother super visa from islamabad please anyone can advice what documents do i need to arrange.
Documents depends on what visa you want to apply for them. Are you Canadian Immigrant/Citizen? Please go to following link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

munirdba

Star Member
Nov 20, 2004
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014
ya i am canadian citizen

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
starzibal said:
I think you should buy return ticket if they have to go back, they can, otherwise it will cost you more if you just buy one-way ticket.
Usually, return tickets are good for 3 or 6 month. if they want to stay over 3/6 month then you can get it refund on that ticket.
It would definitely be more than 6 months. Does any one know if one can get the refund the return portion of the ticket.

waseem0008

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks GODDDDDDDDDDD :D

My parents got their Super Visa to be expired in 2014.

Best of luck everybody....I think CHC are giving visa now to most of the applicants. Their visa was rejected twice before.

Let me know for any question...

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
waseem0008 said:

Best of luck everybody....I think CHC are giving visa now to most of the applicants. Their visa was rejected twice before.

Congrats. Have they got their visa until the expiry date of their passport??

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
waseem0008 said:

How long did it take in total? and what did you show as a tie to Pakistan?

waseem0008

Jun 1, 2012
starzibal said:
How long did it take in total? and what did you show as a tie to Pakistan?
It took only 12 weeks to complete processing in Pakistan. For ties, my brother is living there with them.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
waseem0008 said:
It took only 12 weeks to complete processing in Pakistan. For ties, my brother is living there with them.
No, i meant what ties your parents show to Pakistan as they will return to Pakistan or they didn't?

Sep 27, 2012
Congrats to all those who have been able to get the SuperVisa for their parents.

For all of us newbies trying to go through the process, it will really help if you vetrans can share your experiences.

shazia74 /adzees /waseem0008 : would appreciate if you or someone could tell us where we could get a good rate for the medical insurance.
I am applying for the Supervisa for my both of my parents and they only want to visit me for 6 months, even then do i need insurance for the whole year.

Thanks.