+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a super visa for my parents, just wondering if their passports are valid for 7-8 years, how long can they stay in Canada for?

With the recent changes in parents sponsorship it's pretty competitive to even just apply, I want them to stay with me for as long as legally possible.

I know for the ease of obtaining a visitor vis it's recommended to show intention of only living in Canada for 3-6 months but would they be issued a visa for just that period or till the validity of their passports?

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
On various pages i have studies that a canadian permanent resident can sponsor his close relative, dependent child, spouse and parents. What about independent child sponsor visa? Can my parents sponsor me to visit or settle in canada. I am independent and married. Kindly guide me. Is their any process so that i make a visit to my parents in Canada?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Bazinga said:
Thanks Syed B. My latest NOA is that of 2015 and my earning stated is nil since I landed only a few days before the year ended. Therefore I am providing my employer letter stating my annual salary which is above the LICO as well as my corresponding bank statements. My Aunt is also a co-signer/co-sponsor for safe measure so we are covered.

Is it necessary to get the invitation letter / declaration notarized?

Regards
Hi Bazinga
You are good to go. NOA is just a proof of income if you can provide other proofs it all depends on Visa Officer. Employment letter with Annual salary must be backup by bank deposits for at least since last 6 months.

If you are applying from Pakistan Invitation letter does not need to be notarized but its its always good to do that but again its not mandatory requirements.

Good Luck
Syed B.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
sonny_saa said:
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a super visa for my parents, just wondering if their passports are valid for 7-8 years, how long can they stay in Canada for?

With the recent changes in parents sponsorship it's pretty competitive to even just apply, I want them to stay with me for as long as legally possible.

I know for the ease of obtaining a visitor vis it's recommended to show intention of only living in Canada for 3-6 months but would they be issued a visa for just that period or till the validity of their passports?
Hi sonny

On SV maximum stay limit is 2 years unless you apply for extension. Visa will be issued till the validity of passport but in one stretch they can live upto 2 years max.

Only noted change in parent sponsorship is lottery system rest of the package / requirement is still same.

Good Luck
Syed B.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
hassankhaliddar said:
On various pages i have studies that a canadian permanent resident can sponsor his close relative, dependent child, spouse and parents. What about independent child sponsor visa? Can my parents sponsor me to visit or settle in canada. I am independent and married. Kindly guide me. Is their any process so that i make a visit to my parents in Canada?
Hi

I am afraid to tell you independent married children can not be sponsored

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp

Yes you can always apply to visit them on regular visit visa any time but you have to show enough ties back home that you will return afterward

Good Luck
Syed B.

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
badar14 said:
Hi Bazinga
You are good to go. NOA is just a proof of income if you can provide other proofs it all depends on Visa Officer. Employment letter with Annual salary must be backup by bank deposits for at least since last 6 months.

If you are applying from Pakistan Invitation letter does not need to be notarized but its its always good to do that but again its not mandatory requirements.

Good Luck
Syed B.
Thank you Syed B. I have included my NOA 2015, employment letter and 6 month of bank statements. I have notarized my letter/declaration for safe measure.

Regarding the proof of medical insurance, where is this to be submitted? I do not see a field for it in my application. Is it to be shown to the immigration office upon landing?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Bazinga said:
Thank you Syed B. I have included my NOA 2015, employment letter and 6 month of bank statements. I have notarized my letter/declaration for safe measure.

Regarding the proof of medical insurance, where is this to be submitted? I do not see a field for it in my application. Is it to be shown to the immigration office upon landing?
You must attach that with your online application in the upload area if you can't find that you can attach that as extra documents. Valid Medical insurance is part of visa application and must show to Immigration officer at time of landing as well

Thanks
Syed B.

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
badar14 said:
You must attach that with your online application in the upload area if you can't find that you can attach that as extra documents. Valid Medical insurance is part of visa application and must show to Immigration officer at time of landing as well

Thanks
Syed B.
That is exactly what I did eventually. Thanks for the quick feedback.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
i just submitted my parents SV. but timeline today shows 166days!!! they are increasing it every single day!

does it usually take as long as the website says? :(

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
APAK said:
i just submitted my parents SV. but timeline today shows 166days!!! they are increasing it every single day!

does it usually take as long as the website says? :(
Hi

Normally it's much quicker probably in 35-40 days working days

good luck
Syed B.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
badar14 said:
Hi

Normally it's much quicker probably in 35-40 days working days

good luck
Syed B.
Thanks!this gives me hope!

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
I just received my passport request for PR. My question is will I need to wait for PR card to aply for my fatherès Super Visa or I can use COPR document to apply super visa.

Danish421

Sep 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2004
LANDED..........
04-09-2004
Guys
What's current timeline after Passed Medical Exam?

Please share your timelines

Thanks.......

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I would love to know the current timeline as well. I just applied yesterday so

Applied Online : Feb 8th, 2017
Biometrics Done : Feb 8th, 2017

MyCic is still showing as biometrics required though. does it take time to change?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
srm057 said:
I just received my passport request for PR. My question is will I need to wait for PR card to aply for my fatherès Super Visa or I can use COPR document to apply super visa.
Hi

You need 1 Notice of Assessment to apply the parents Super Visa. You need to show that you are above low income (Table available on CIC website).
In Simple its not possible to apply Father SV without passing some time in Canada and without showing proper proof of income.

you will also need Parents Super Visa Insurance which requires Canadian residential address.

Good Luck

Syed B.